The Franchise
futbol
free_cat
billy_gr
9 posters

Go down

If we beat PSG Empty If we beat PSG

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 am

I don’t know if I should be making a new thread for this, but if we beat PSG we will be still facing the next opponent with a CB partnership of Pique and Bartra/Song/Whatever.
Can you guys imagine the onslaught against a side like Bayern or and in form Madrid?
Hopefully this year we will sign Neymar and our problems will dissapear
drunken
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

If we beat PSG Empty Re: If we beat PSG

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:59 am

Bartra will make us proud.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:05 am

if only Proud
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:21 am

He will, but most key than one CB is playing and attacking well.

As the *bleep* boss said: "we defend well when we attack well".
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:27 am

pressing hard would be the key... let's hope messi won't be sidelined for long or we will loose our efficiency in scoring
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Messi, subbed off yesterday, would be out for maximum 10 days, and would not yet been ruled out for the return game against PSG. [rac1]

Proud

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:59 pm

First of all, if we play how we suppose to, it doesnt matter who we play at the back.

There will be no "onslaught" if we have the ball 70% of the time and in their final third.

Second, Bartra is better than Mascherano anyway. All he needs is confidence.

Mascherano wasnt ever saving our season, in fact he was just as likely to cost us as anyone.

My opinion on our chances havent changed even slightly because Mascherano is injured. Makes no difference.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:05 pm

I disagree… I certainly believe that Bartra has better CB qualities than Mache, but the kid lacks experience and as you said confidence. At the big stage this plays a big role. Also Pique plays much better alongside an experienced defender. Now, our possession will mean squat if we are going to concede in all 2-3 chances that every big team is entitled against us no matter how well we played in attack. Also, we played a great game against Milan but they are way below Bayern or Madrid and while we may dominate possession they will be having much more prolific players upfront (remember Nyang?) to punish us when we make a mistake.
That’s what I mean with “onslaught”: dominate the game and end up receiving 2-3 goals out of the 5 chances your opponent has from a sloppy defending. Now tell we already haven’t seen this happening
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:25 pm

Confidence will come quickly, every minute will help. As for experience...its overrated...Pique best games for us were when he was supposed "inexperienced".

Teams are not going to get anymore chances with Bartra playing than they would Mascherano once they have an understanding, I dont see Mascherano doing anything special on any consistent basis to be worried about losing him.

When he went off last night, not for a moment was I concerned.

Of course I remember Niang, but that was Mascherano's fault...clearly the overall level of our defending is not good enough, I dont think swapping one player for another will make any difference if the one player isnt very good anyway.

I have not even ruled out the possibilty of us defending better with Bartra, let alone resigned to the fact we will defend worse honestly.

Simply, Mascherano is not that good and we are not good with him or without him back there, so I dont think it makes much difference.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:36 pm

We’ll see… hopefully you’re right.
On the back of my head there’s still the possibility of makeshift defense (Adriano, Song) which is even more worrying.

As for experience I still disagree. The Pique example has another side which proves my point. His best games were alongside an experience (but still kicking Puyol)
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:19 pm

billy_gr wrote:We’ll see… hopefully you’re right.
On the back of my head there’s still the possibility of makeshift defense (Adriano, Song) which is even more worrying.

As for experience I still disagree. The Pique example has another side which proves my point. His best games were alongside an experience (but still kicking Puyol)

I doubt Piqué is going to mentor Bartra like Puyol did but even with all the problems right now the defence is doing quite well.
in 2008-2009 when everybody in the team was pressing like crazy , 13 goals had been conceded CL . right now 9 goals ( and remenber 1 offside, 1 mistake from valdes , the 1st milan goal where there was a foul ). The dfense is more shaky right now but nothing '' worse '' than in the past years. Although i agree teams are not afraid of trying to attack now .
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:32 pm

I think you can say that about everyone though. Piques best games have come next to Puyol, thats not surprising considering his other partners have consisted of a midfielder (Mascherano), two past their prime slow pokes (Milito and Marquez) a bunch of not good enough untested youngers (Chgy, Caceres) and a smallish leftback (Adriano).

No surprise, hes better when he plays with Puyol or Abidal, two quality players.

Maybe Bartra will end up falling into the kids category, but as I said, Mascherano himself isnt any better so its not great either way. I see this as a positive, apart from being a little bit soft, Bartra has some really good tools and I think this is a chance for him.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:39 pm

Barta will make us proud both on the weekend and on Wednesday Proud That's if Roura/Tito plays him and not Busi/Song...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:50 pm

LOL @ u guys!. This will be our defense for the big SF matches;

---------------busquets--------------------

--alba---pique----------song----alves---

I'm also pretty sure Pique & / Alba will get booked in the next match, and we will end up with a -----song--batra----- partnership at the back in one of those matches. Laughing Laughing Laughing
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:18 pm

So then can you explain why, with the game in the balance and away from home did he put in Bartra and not Song?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by spanky Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:16 am

free_cat wrote:Bartra will make us proud.

excellent talent of a CB, but only thing that frightens me is that he hasnt played much for our la liga side. a real shame none of the coaches tried playing him more often except for against those relegation teams.

i also dont know whats happening with montoya, i watched him in 2011 at the U-21 euro cup and he was quite solid there.
spanky
spanky
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:43 am

With Mascherano out we'll start the game off at 0-0 instead of 0-1, so I'm ok with it.

Bartra will make us proud Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down