Onyx
Die Borussen
Babun
28 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Manchester United - Page 4 Empty Re: Manchester United

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:20 pm

As I said the more excuses and justification you have to give the more of a glory supporter you are.

End of the day you turned your back on local teams and decided to support a team 100s of miles away you have no real connection with. Saying I liked the pretty colors is just a cop out.

A glory supporter isnt just defined by the trophies won, the future chance of winning comes into play which crosses over into bandwagonner territory.

EG people who fell in love with City when the Arabs took over. Its no different to you starting to support newcastle randomly when they were close to winning the league mole.

What comes after doesn't matter, if things go south and success doesn't come you had already jumped on the bandwagon at a more prosperous time. Said it before and il say it again, try all you want history cant be re written.

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Who made the rule you had to support your local club?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:33 pm

Turned my back on local teams? i was 4 years old ffs i didnt have a clue what clubs were local and where Newcastle was at the time Laughing

And i just checked the season i started supported them was the season they get promoted from the old first division.

But i had no clue about the clubs status at the time i supported them because like the stupid 4 year old i was at the time i liked the seahorses on the badge lol.

I didn't take notice of league tables or anything like that until i was about 7 years old it had no relevance to me.

If i were a glory hunter don't you think i would have gave up on the team when we were relegated?

Also yes we were successful at first but it quickly went bad, i was 8 years old when we finished in the bottom half.

If i was a glory hunter then surely i would have jumped ship?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Well this thread has gone properly off-course, hasn't it?

Gloryhunter - a term used by internet "true" fans to make themselves feel better and bigger than others. It reality it, like other terms ("hipsters") it has no real meaning and is used as a generic insult with an ever changing definition to suit the user's needs. A cowardly and lazy way to debate footy.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:47 pm

Nah you're wrong Red. You have to support a club that is one mile away or less if not you're a glory hunter IMO

Last edited by Rebaño Sagrado on Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:49 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
The Messiah wrote:
SchinnerC wrote:It's a depressing time as a United fan tbh, for me anyway. SAF could've/could still sign Sneijder,Modric,Sahin,Strootman,etc etc but I think it'll be Carrick/Fletcher partnering Scholes/Cleverley/Giggs next season again. Pogba, our decent young CM talent left too. :facepalm:

Yes finishing 2nd on goal difference and winning the league the season before must be truly depressing for you.

If you want to jump off a bridge now we will all understand.

He's an ambitious fan like myself, 2nd is never enough for us and it's depressing for us, we're so used to winning you wouldn't understand how we feel when we come 2nd.

In other words your bitching cry-baby glory hunters, who have no right to complain about anything.

Really sickens me to see people who support massive clubs to talk about " depressing times " etc etc.

You don't know what depressing times are.

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Turned my back on local teams? i was 4 years old ffs i didnt have a clue what clubs were local and where Newcastle was at the time Laughing

And i just checked the season i started supported them was the season they get promoted from the old first division.

But i had no clue about the clubs status at the time i supported them because like the stupid 4 year old i was at the time i liked the seahorses on the badge lol.

I didn't take notice of league tables or anything like that until i was about 7 years old it had no relevance to me.

If i were a glory hunter don't you think i would have gave up on the team when we were relegated?

Also yes we were successful at first but it quickly went bad, i was 8 years old when we finished in the bottom half.

If i was a glory hunter then surely i would have jumped ship?

It's amazing when you see the hunter becoming the hunted.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:58 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:Nah you're wrong Red. You have to support a club that is one mile away or less if not you're a glory hunter IMO

Either this is a joke or you're about the biggest hypocrite I've seen this summer.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:03 pm

I thought the "IMO" made it clear...
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:04 pm

It didn't. In fact, I'm still unclear as to which it is.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:05 pm

It is a joke.

Well it was supposed to be.
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:06 pm

My apologies, then.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:07 pm

The Messiah wrote:It's amazing when you see the hunter becoming the hunted.

In other words Mole is getting trolled hard..Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Surag wrote:

Yes, he's getting trolled so hard that he's genuinely explaining himself to the best he can.

Usually it's the other way round
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:17 pm

Surag wrote:

How the f*ck i'm i getting trolled? because both are these idiots are too stupid to understand the difference between glory hunting and an arm chair fan isnt my fault Laughing

How the hell am i a glory hunter when i support a team that hasn't won a single trophy and been relegated to the 2nd tier of English football during this time?

Comparing me to Messiah who supports the biggest team in Germany and started to support because they win things is hilariously facepalm

I started supporting Newcastle because i liked the name and the badge and despite what Dancingboots is saying i didn't start supporting them when we was in a title race that happened 2 years later.

How the hell you can accuse a Newcastle fan yes a Newcastle fan who are one of the least successful top division clubs is beyond me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:19 pm

Oh and i'm explaining myself because you seem to have the IQ of a garden pea and need these things explained multiple times.

To be a glory hunter you actually have to support a team that has gone through perioids of glory....

I dont see any glory here.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:23 pm

Well Mole you are the guy here who are giving sophesticated definitions and informing people of what glory hunting really means while at the same time you are being accused of being a glory hunter yourself Laughing

Not saying you are but sitting in front of my comp am having a good laugh reading some of these posts..Laughing

Pretty hilarious thread tbh..Made my day.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:31 pm

Of course iam but what i said is the general consensus of what a glory hunter is.

Not my fault i'm being accused of being a glory hunter by idiots who have no idea what they are talking about.

I mean never seen my team win a major trophy in 18 years and i'm the glory hunter Laughing :facepalm:

How anyone can accuse any long term Newcastle fan of glory hunting is beyond me.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:51 pm

'Glory hunter' isn't even the dictionary. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:43 pm

Surag wrote:

How the f*ck i'm i getting trolled? because both are these idiots are too stupid to understand the difference between glory hunting and an arm chair fan isnt my fault Laughing

How the hell am i a glory hunter when i support a team that hasn't won a single trophy and been relegated to the 2nd tier of English football during this time?

Comparing me to Messiah who supports the biggest team in Germany and started to support because they win things is hilariously facepalm

I started supporting Newcastle because i liked the name and the badge and despite what Dancingboots is saying i didn't start supporting them when we was in a title race that happened 2 years later.

How the hell you can accuse a Newcastle fan yes a Newcastle fan who are one of the least successful top division clubs is beyond me.

You don't have to get abusive Mole, you started calling me a glory Hunter first.

My story is similar to yours, I started supporting Bayern Munich 13years ago and then I was about 4-5years older than you were when you started supporting Newcastle.

I didn't know much about CLUB-Football then, But I was there with my big brothers and cousins watching the champions league final between Bayern Munich vs United 1999.

For some unknown reasons I was more incline to Bayern Munich than Manchester United, everybody was cheering for united but I wanted Bayern Munich to win.

I liked Kahn, Effenberg and Koffour a lot then(first sight), however towards the ending of the match United won it, my brothers and cousins started making jest of me and were laughing so I started crying, from that day henceforth I was attached to Bayern Munich.

I have never supported any other club in my entire life, this is the first and only club I've ever supported, I was still living in Nigeria where nobody even knew much about Bayern Munich but still I opt-in for them, I didn't know how many German league they have won, I didn't know the value of Champions league, I didn't even know if they played in Bundesliga or not, I didn't know their players at that time, only of course by their faces.

The first match I watched them play was a defeat and losing the Champions league, remember seeing Kuffours crying and beating the floor, I felt sad as well, mind you' I didn't even know how CPL work then or it's value.

But since that day henceforth I started supporting Bayern, so how they heck am I a glory Hunter...?

and luckily enough that same or the following year or thereabout my Mum was in Europe, I asked her to buy me a Bayern Munich jersey Number 10, instead she bought me Juventus Jersey no:10 Jersey of Del Peiro and brought it for me in Nigeria, so for that reason I became a big fan of Juvetus for sometime, but Bayern Munich was still my overall team.

As of 2004 or thereabout, I was a registered member in Uefa.com, with thesame email address I used for this site, idrisozet@yahoo.com.

http://user.uefa.com/profile

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:57 pm

Enough of this pissing contest.
RedOranje
RedOranje