RedOranje
daneq
McAgger
Blue Barrett
12 posters

Go down

Bale brands Adam a "coward" Empty Bale brands Adam a "coward"

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Gareth Bale has launched a withering attack on Charlie Adam, branding the Liverpool midfielder a "coward" amid accusations he deliberately set out to injure him. Bale was a victim of Adam's late tackle, suffering an injury scare as Tottenham's so-called pre-season friendly against Liverpool in Baltimore on Saturday turned nasty.

The Welshman has alleged that Adam planned a calculated and premediated attack by intentionally targeting him for special treatment. Significantly, there is also a history of ill-feeling between the two players.

Adam escaped a Football Association charge after rupturing Bale's ankle ligaments and ending the Welshman's season early in May 2011 following a stamp at White Hart Lane, when he was playing for Blackpool. He was also sent off, playing for Liverpool at White Hart Lane in September 2011.

With relations strained, the bad blood continued in Baltimore as Bale berated Adam in a feud that has crossed the Atlantic. He said: "He's obviously come for me twice now – and he's got me twice. From what I've seen of him on the pitch, I think he's a bit of a coward.

"There are pictures on the internet of what he did before when he snapped all my ankle ligaments. I was out for three months that time and one player told me he went out to do the same thing to me again.

"It's flattering when players try to take you out in a game, but when it threatens your career it becomes more serious than that. I would have understood it had it been a slightly mis-timed tackle, even though it was just a friendly. But the ball was 10 yards past him already and was nowhere near him when he came through my ankle. It's unsportsmanlike and I don't think any player should be like that. That's what kind of person he's like – he's done it before.

"I was surprised to see a challenge like that in a friendly. We're over here to build our fitness and get a good work-out and what he did was over the top, to be honest. I haven't ever done anything to him."

The Tottenham manager, Andre Villas-Boas, was so incensed by the tackle that he is considering reporting the Scottish midfielder to the FA. Villas-Boas exchanged angry words with Adam during the 0-0 draw as the ugly incident raised temperatures.

Bale later claimed he had received no apology from Adam following the 19th-minute challenge, but said he would now turn down any offer of an olive branch: "He didn't say anything to me afterwards. I've had no apology. When someone makes a very bad tackle on you in a game you expect him to come up and apologise. But I've had no apology from him and I don't really want one from him to be honest. I'm not going to accept his apology."

Bale, who hit the headlines following his early return from a back injury during this tour despite pulling out of Team GB's Olympics plans, fears he could be heading back for another spell on the sidelines.

He faces a scan on his left ankle and departed the M&T Bank Stadium wearing a protective boot. "All I want to do is play my game and play it in the right way," he added.
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/bale-brands-adam-a-coward-and-claims-he-was-deliberately-targeted-7986341.html
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Bale brands Adam a "coward" Empty Re: Bale brands Adam a "coward"

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:02 pm

Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:07 pm

Sell this f*cker already. I've never hated a Liverpool player as much as I hate Adam (Poulsen and PFK come close).
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Karma for Bale since he lied about being injured in order to avoid Olympics :I'munoriginal:

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:28 pm

Bale really did get karmalized Razz
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:31 pm

Granted it was a stupid tackle, Bale did get a bit of karma, imo. :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:57 pm

It really wasn't a dangerous tackle. Stupid? Absolutely. Mistimed? Sure. Poor? Most definitely.

But those are all typical traits of an Adam tackle. Maliciousness generally isn't and there doesn't appear to be any intent there either. It's a generic Adam tackle; one we've seen plenty of times before on any number of different players. And labeling Adam a coward? That's just silly. Adam is many things in the eyes of many people; many of them not entirely flattering. However, cowardly is not one of those. No matter what criticism the lad receives (and he's received plenty from me, never mind others) and what mistakes he's made (again, numerous) he still goes out there and tries his hardest in every minute of every game he plays. He doesn't hide and he doesn't shy away from things, despite what's happened. That's hardly a coward's mentality.

Bale opening his mouth to complain about this, after Adam's already attempted to apologise, (which he did; AVB has mentioned it) is really doing more to help Adam's standing amongst a good portion of Liverpool fans and definitely among Arsenal fans. Add to this that Bale's previously admitted that he dives himself, and his last sentence is little more than hypocrisy.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:07 pm

Bale is a monkey looking diving twat anyways.

Hope Debuchy sends him to medical room on first week of the season.

Kyle Runner has come up to defend Bale and has cheap shots too...I was arguing with a Spurs fan over this. and this is what he posted:

From a Spurs perspective a growing number of fans suspect that Liverpool are not handling the fact that 3 seasons in a row they have finished behind a club that has approximately half their annual revenue. In fact some fans were predicting that Gylfi would be targetted on the weekend. This fear was partially based on Dalglish's plea for fair play by refs which was immediately followed by a rough house showing at WHL that earned 2 reds which could have been 3 if the ref had psotted Suarez eye gouging Parker. Then Suarez returned from an 8 game ban and kicked Parker in the guts when the ball was a meter above their heads. I know his shooting was on the blink at times and he might have been ring rusty, but there was and is no excuse for that challenge.

Then we have the " I will kick anyone when they are not looking" football ambassador from north of the border. That is the second time he has stamped on Bale. Third time lucky perhaps, if someone does not snap the gormless bastard in two before we meet again.

We are indeed jealous that the best Spurs team of modern era has still won less trophies than the worst Liverpool team of modern era in the past 3 years.

I long for the days when we won the "Breath of Fresh Air" award...you are also in Europa League, so calm the f*ck down Spurs fans and players.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:10 pm

Schweini you legend! :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:37 pm

Barrettinator wrote:Schweini you legend! :bow:

Schweini , how many clubs do you support ? ( REALLY support )

not trolling Very Happy
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:39 pm

RedOranje wrote:It really wasn't a dangerous tackle. Stupid? Absolutely. Mistimed? Sure. Poor? Most definitely.

But those are all typical traits of an Adam tackle. Maliciousness generally isn't and there doesn't appear to be any intent there either. It's a generic Adam tackle; one we've seen plenty of times before on any number of different players. And labeling Adam a coward? That's just silly. Adam is many things in the eyes of many people; many of them not entirely flattering. However, cowardly is not one of those. No matter what criticism the lad receives (and he's received plenty from me, never mind others) and what mistakes he's made (again, numerous) he still goes out there and tries his hardest in every minute of every game he plays. He doesn't hide and he doesn't shy away from things, despite what's happened. That's hardly a coward's mentality.

Bale opening his mouth to complain about this, after Adam's already attempted to apologise, (which he did; AVB has mentioned it) is really doing more to help Adam's standing amongst a good portion of Liverpool fans and definitely among Arsenal fans. Add to this that Bale's previously admitted that he dives himself, and his last sentence is little more than hypocrisy.

Agree with all of that. Thumbs up
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:40 pm

Bénin wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Schweini you legend! :bow:

Schweini , how many clubs do you support ? ( REALLY support )

not trolling Very Happy

Well, I know he definitely goes for Liverpool. Razz
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:41 pm

Does anyone have a video of the tackle? I tried to find it a day or two ago and couldnt Sad
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:43 pm

It's the second post.

Also Laughing at the 10 yards away.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:29 am

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:Does anyone have a video of the tackle? I tried to find it a day or two ago and couldnt Sad
Look up. Second post.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:41 am

ah thanks, i missed that post :facepalm:

video not available in my country Sad
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:21 am

Meh, nothing new. Charlie Adam was a *bleep* before I watched this video and he still is.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:15 am

Bale Calling someone else a coward Laughing Oh the irony

He is the same guy who says that he dives just to save his career Laughing And then he fakes Injury to not play for Team GB.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:52 am

how does bale come back so quickly from injury?

TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:59 am

Laughing
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:00 pm

Legend wrote:how does bale come back so quickly from injury?

rofl
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:05 pm

He's trying to play the part of the greatest player in the world being a target for bad tackles by everyone

Meanwhile, on planet Earth, he's the chimp-looking twat who got epically Adamed while the world hardly bat an eyelid
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Moddaws Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Was still an unnecessary tackle studded the ankle. players should only be punished if the injury is a bad one?
Moddaws
Moddaws
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down