Blue Barrett
urbaNRoots
rwo power
FennecFox7
Milantildeath
33 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? - Page 4 Empty Re: The dark horse/hoarse of your league???

Post by Zero Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:08 am

mtfootball wrote:Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez are all WC players.
mtfootball wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
mtfootball wrote:Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique, Lucas, Gerrard, Suarez are all WC players.

Laughing

If they are so World class why did they finished 8th last season ? stop your embarrassing yourself :facepalm:

Because of poor finishing, average EPL players and being inconsistent. Dead wood like Kuyt, Maxi etc have gone, Bellamy will probably go, average Carroll isn't in Rodger' plans and better players are being linked.

The core of the team is still WC. Juventus finished 7th in 10-11 and won the league in 11-12.

rofl rofl rofl

I believe they had hit the post 98478594758784975 times last season that's why they finished 8th and they didn't win the FA Cup. silent

Last season Juventus made some key improvements in their run for the Serie A. So far I don't see that in Liverpool's squad.

If I would choose, Chelsea is the apparent dark horse and the hoarse team would be Tottenham.

Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? - Page 4 Empty Re: The dark horse/hoarse of your league???

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Where did i mention Newcastle?

I said many times if we were to finish top 6 it would be a huge achievement, i just dont think you are good enough either.

Fact is the top 5 is basically on lock, it would take a monumental effort for anyone to break into it and stay into it and the players you have bought and linked with hardly inspire anyone with confidence they can do that.

Also MT if you consider Lucas, Gerrard, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Enrique, Suarez etc etc world class i really dont know what to say.

Either your braindead or it's very easy for you to consider someone world class.

Gerrard isnt even close these days, Skrtel while a good a defender isnt close either, same goes for Enrique and Johnson dont get me started.

Suarez is ridiculously overrated on this board.

The only one's that are even close to World class are Agger and Lucas and tbf Lucas probably is.

Also Cabaye is linked with Barcelona does that make him world class? no it doesnt he's a good player nothing more nothing less.

Also massive LOL @ comparing Juventus to Liverpool.

For one Juventus wouldnt win the Premier League and secondly Liverpool will not and cannot buy players like Pirlo, Vidal etc etc.

Also the poor finishing excuse is just lol worthy, poor finishing can happen over a few months and be excused but not over an entire f*cking season that's just down to poor finishing which will never be fixed because the players are not good finishers simple as.

The whole why are Liverpool not as good as Spurs or Arsenal is just :facepalm: to begin with, if you said Newcastle or Everton then fair enough because quite frankly that's the level Liverpool are at currently at best but Tottenham and Arsenal are miles above Liverpool atm and quite frankly it doesnt even need justifying they are just better in almost every department.

Simple as.

Oh please. You and I both know you rate Newcastle as high as Liverpool. You can go through all 13k of your posts, you've said it more than once that you're better but the truth of the matter is you just overachieved in ONE SEASON.

Also, how is the top 5 on "lock"? Spurs' high line look's easy to penetrate, along with potentially losing Modric makes 'em vulnerable. Arsenal is losing RvP who let's face it, carried them for majority of the season last year. Will Giroud and Podolski fill that void? Who knows...

Anyway, the only "World class" players from Liverpool right now would be Lucas with potentially Reina, Suarez and Agger there.

Suarez overrated? Laughing No one hardly rates him on here...

The Juventus comparison with Liverpool isn't that bad... they WERE midtable for 2-3 seasons (just as we were) and it's not as if I'm saying we're going to win the league - I said around the 5th spot which is easily possible. The style of controlling the game and penetration is also similiar.

Oh, and our players gave up in the league in the second half of the season, whilst that's not a great attribute to have - nothing I'm proud of, the finishing in the first part was unlucky at times.

And we can't buy the likes of Vidal and Pirlo why? And why couldn't Juventus win the league? Or is the opposition "weak" in the Serie A... Rolling Eyes

Here we go... again trying to put yourself in the same bracket as us.
Arsenal and Spurs miles above... lol

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sbaggio Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:42 am

Napoli!!!
sbaggio
sbaggio
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:40 am

I think Liverpool is still two seasons including this season away from contending with the the rest of the CL teams for a whole season.

I think they will finish 5th this season if they add a few quality players before the start of the season. Missing Lucas for a season with no one even near capable of replacing him was a huge factor in them doing poorly, along with Downing and Carroll not fitting in.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:43 am

Schweini wrote:mt is talking bollocks.

We'll be very lucky to finish top 6 this season...so far we've lost 4 players and have only signed one. Squad is weaker than May, and I don't trust FSG to replace the players we've lost.

We've lost Kuyt, Maxi, Aurelio and Darby.

We've saved atleast 200k in wages a week there for people who wouldn't have made the bench ffs. [Whilst Maxi is class, he was unsettled and wanted to go back to Argentina.] How is that weaker than in May? Stop reading RAWK ffs.

FSG have no say in who we sign - that's all the managers job. Stop trying to accuse them of not putting up when the likes of Roy, Kenny/Commolli are the main culprits of the last 2 seasons.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:49 am

What is Liverpool doing in the discussion of dark-horse ...? We all know where they will end up like they always do. cheers
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:15 pm

ynwa wrote:
Oh please. You and I both know you rate Newcastle as high as Liverpool. You can go through all 13k of your posts, you've said it more than once that you're better but the truth of the matter is you just overachieved in ONE SEASON.

Here we go... again trying to put yourself in the same bracket as us.
Arsenal and Spurs miles above... lol

Of course i do because we finished 13 points above you Laughing

I don't really agree we overachieved, well we did but not by much when you look at our first team then we should be finishing in and around the top 6.

Also Arsenal and Spurs are miles above, they consistently finish above you especially Arsenal.

Living in the past as usual, there is nothing wrong with me to think we can finish above Liverpool as we were above you practically all season long and unlike you we are improving.

Also people shouldn't forget the difference between the team we had at the start of the season to the team that ended the season we didn't even have anything close to our best team until March.

In any case it's not about us, i said you can't break into the top 5 but i don't think we can either.

I have no idea why your trying to make it a Liverpool v Newcastle thing it has nothing to do with that just that the top 5 is miles above the rest in quality.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:48 pm

Liverpool vs Newcastle this season its on like donkey kong! Hope you draw each other in League cup and FA Twisted Evil.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:02 pm

Mole is talking way too much these days.

I'd laugh my c*ck off when Newcastle do an Ipswich and get relegated this season.

Pardew to be sacked by Thanksgiving

smoking

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:09 pm

Schweini wrote:Mole is talking way too much these days.

I'd laugh my c*ck off when Newcastle do an Ipswich and get relegated this season.

Pardew to be sacked by Thanksgiving

smoking

WTF you on man lol, i said many times it would be great if we finish top 6 but i don't expect it. ( due to Europa League commitments)

I just don't expect you to do it either.

Don't see anything with what i'm saying, not like i'm expecting top 4 or anything lol.

Because i believe we will finish above Liverpool isn't exactly me being arrogant, it's more because we finished comfortably above you last season and you are not exactly making great strides to improve.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Liverpool can still improve in terms of the squad. Rodgers has said transfers will be made.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:43 pm

mtfootball wrote:Liverpool can still improve in terms of the squad. Rodgers has said transfers will be made.

Improving the squad is one thing, improving enough to be able to finish top 4 is another and quite frankly nigh on impossible.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:44 pm

It's definitely possible. It's not like Spurs/Arsenal are Real Madrid/Barca.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:57 pm

So Liverpool are going to completely wipe out an 18 point gap to those teams when those teams have already strengthened heavily and both look like strengtheing more.

18 gap point behind Arsenal and they have signed Podolski, Giroud and look to be closing in on Sahin and Cazorla.

17 gap point behind Spurs when they have signed Vertonghen and Sigurdsson and look to sign more quality.

It's not realistic to expect Liverpool to be able to build a team over the next month that can compete with them, not even Liverpool fans expect this.

The gap between Newcastle, Liverpool and Everton to Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea is far too big.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:23 pm

But Liverpool's team last season was different. It's something that has to be forgotten. Liverpool usually do well in the big games. I'm sure with a few additions Liverpool can see of those smaller sides.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 pm

Liverpool would do well to get a Europa League spot this season. You guys seriously don't believe they're better than any of Chelsea, United, City, Spuds, Arse & Newcastle right?
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:28 pm

How can it be forgotten ? Laughing

It's the same players ffs, Liverpool havent come close to the top 4 since Rafa's 2nd to last season.

The reason's they are not contending is a lack of quality and they still have a lack of quality compared to Chelsea, Spurs and Liverpool. One summer window wont fix this.

The only reason Liverpool are even discussed is because of their name.

Not even Liverpool fans expect as much as you do lol. Laughing

@Gil

Dont mention Newcastle, it's not allowed they are one season wonders who fluked all thier way to 5th and will be relegated this season and have no quality herp derp.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:31 pm

How exactly are Spurs players better than Liverpool's?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:32 pm

mtfootball wrote:How exactly are Spurs players better than Liverpool's?

You're serious ffs? rofl

They no longer have Mascherano, Alonso, Torres & prime Reina & Gerrard.

Their best player is probably Lucas these days which says it all. They're a midtable club now loaded with midtable players.

This isn't 2008 anymore.

Last edited by Gil on Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:34 pm

It's not as if Spurs are Real Madrid/Barca level.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:39 pm

mtfootball wrote:How exactly are Spurs players better than Liverpool's?

2011/12
The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? - Page 4 Pl_tab10
2010/11
The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? - Page 4 Pl_tab11
2009/10
The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? - Page 4 Pl_tab12

But obviously finishing above them 3 seasons in a row isn't enough Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:42 pm

MT must be on a WUM. Laughing
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:58 pm

hell, I am the most pessimistic of our fans if you see my posts in our section, but this is ridiculous.

How is it possible for Newcastle to come from Championship to brink of CL football in 2 years, yet Liverpool's ceiling is 6th place AT BEST after finishing 8th last year when we clearly didn't give a f*ck about the league since March 3rd.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

why does league even happen then. City best on paper, give them the cup. give United second....hmm, QPR squad looks strengthened, give them top 10 already......and send Wigan down as they again lost so many players.

Football ain't only about players...it's about how they are managed too...plus, the reason we love the sport (I loved it) is because of its sheer unpredictablity.

No one in their mind saw Juve go from 7th, and winless in 6 in Europe, to unbeaten champions in 9 months

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:02 pm

We buy smartly :coffee: but seriously we were lucky as f*ck wont happen again.

Also QPR have just a bought load's of trash, i still expect them to struggle.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:15 pm

@Sepi

...or Borussia Mönchengladbach from scraping through the relegation to the CL qualification with practically the same team (only plus a new GK who played 3rd league before) within 9 months, too. It is really almost all about management.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:35 pm

When I look at Newcastle team I see that they have a better team than Liverpool, except only for defense.

Newcastle must sign a CB and a Right-back if they really want to suppress Liverpool with a bigger margin.

Debunchy and Geromel will do.

----------------Krul------------------
Debunchy-Geromel-coloccini-Santon
------------Tiote---Cabaye------------
Ben Arfa-------------------------Gutiérrez
--------------Ba---Cisse-----------------

Last edited by The Messiah on Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next