Blue Barrett
urbaNRoots
rwo power
FennecFox7
Milantildeath
33 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? Empty The dark horse/hoarse of your league???

Post by Milantildeath Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:02 am

This is not a bashing thread, or a praising thread. It's simply a thread for fun and to pick out the teams that you think will underachieve and overachieve. The dark horse of course is the team that will overachieve and do what people don't usually expect of them and the dark hoarse being the team thought to do a lot more, but actually does nothing.

Now here is mine for Serie A. We all know Napoli and Roma are usually the teams to draw attention to other than Milan, Inter and Juventus. This seasons for the dark horse I'm going with Fiorentina. Montella is an excellent manager that loves attacking football. They have made some great signings that I think can boost them into the title race. My favorite signings they have made are Viviano, Hegazy, Cuadrado and Roncaglia all can make something special as far as I'm concerned. Have a look at the 11 I think they will play and it's young, talented and seems hungy. I do see Vargas being sold though, if he isn't he will be in their mid as well. As far as winning the league, no I don't think they will, but they will surprise a lot of people considering how bad they did last season.

The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? AbC6z3Yagz
Use this11.com for drawing your football tactics

As for the Hoarse 11 I think it will be Juventus. I only say this because last season they were not in the champions league and won serie A undefeated. Their entire team relied on Pirlo, and when Pirlo is overplayed he under performs. Their manager Conte is being banned for months, who knows what is going to happen with Bonucci, and Pepe is also on the wire as well. I like that they brought back Giovinco, but I don't think they have signed that out and out goal scorer. People are expecting them to be top three teams in in the world, and I don't see it, not until it's proven in the champions league. Again, I'm not bashing Juventus, but I don't think they will do what everyone thinks that they will do. They have a strong 11, but a team that relies heavily on the health of Andrea Pirlo..... will it last?? we will see, maybe they will make some more signings.

The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? AbC6AiIapn
Use this11.com for drawing your football tactics

Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? Empty Re: The dark horse/hoarse of your league???

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:30 am

Barcelona :coffee:

Back to top Go down

The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? Empty Re: The dark horse/hoarse of your league???

Post by FennecFox7 Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:02 am

Levante
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 am

Borussia Mönchengladbach :bow:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:22 am

No one wants to put who they think will underachieve?
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:23 am

Underachieve? Okay, I'll bite. Wolfsburg. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:25 am

Southampton and Chelsea.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:47 am

Southampton and Arsenal :coffee:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:56 am

Barrettinator wrote:Southampton and Arsenal :coffee:

Sad
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:21 am

urbaNRoots wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:Southampton and Arsenal :coffee:

Sad
The dark horse/hoarse of your league??? Goodbadugly
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:25 am

I think Sawnsea will Struggle this season as they had such a great one last season I don't know if they can keep it up.

I think Everton will once again overachieve and finish well above what they should with no one knowing how.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:27 am

Hoping Torino will have a great season, and i firmly believe Udinese will flop big time
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:33 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Hoping Torino will have a great season, and i firmly believe Udinese will flop big time

Only in Serie A. For the sake of Co-efficient. :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 am

Chelsea, well they'll make CL but doubt they'll fight for the league.

Liverpool, think we'll finish around 5th... closer to 4th than 6th.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:42 am

vasanthPato wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Hoping Torino will have a great season, and i firmly believe Udinese will flop big time
Only in Serie A. For the sake of Co-efficient. :coffee:
Serie A fans starting to support other Serie A teams for the sake of the UEFA coefficient :bow:

(As usual I support all German teams playing in Europe, so matter if I like them or not. Although, ever since they signed Bernd Leno I can't even dislike Bayer Leverkusen anymore ^^)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:21 am

Coefficient is not a big deal anyway, you're either good enough to win CL or you aren't. It doesn't matter how many clubs of the same league compete if there's only going to be one winner.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuru Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:57 am

Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Coefficient is not a big deal anyway, you're either good enough to win CL or you aren't. It doesn't matter how many clubs of the same league compete if there's only going to be one winner.

Actually, more slots for CL, means more SeriaA teams in CL, which means more money for SeriaA clubs, enhancing the overall quality of the league. Winning isn't everything.
Kuru
Kuru
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:13 am

ynwa wrote:
Liverpool, think we'll finish around 5th... closer to 4th than 6th.

It's nice to dream i suppose, as for Everton overachieving i disagree with that completely.

They finish about as high as they should do, they are a good side and probably the best side outside the top 6 as it stands.

MTD i will make a more in depth post, later on today.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:19 am

i have a feeling the next la liga season will be one of the worst ever

we have no defence, malaga are disintegrating, pathetico are, well, pathetico, sevilla suck, bilbao don't have the depth to deal with three competitions again... i'll hazard a guess that the point total needed for third will be even lower than it was last season
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:43 am

Kuru wrote:
Rossoneri Ninja wrote:Coefficient is not a big deal anyway, you're either good enough to win CL or you aren't. It doesn't matter how many clubs of the same league compete if there's only going to be one winner.

Actually, more slots for CL, means more SeriaA teams in CL, which means more money for SeriaA clubs, enhancing the overall quality of the league. Winning isn't everything.

And why should i care for the rest of Serie A lol
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:29 pm

Barca will struggle without Pep, they'll get in a tight 2nd/3rd place battle with Malaga. We'll break 100 points again.

In EPL, newcastle will finish 3rd and ManU will finish 4th. you decipher the under/overachieve from that, looks about just right to me
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:48 pm

Tottenham lol
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:50 pm

daneq wrote:Barca will struggle without Pep, they'll get in a tight 2nd/3rd place battle with Malaga. We'll break 100 points again.

In EPL, newcastle will finish 3rd and ManU will finish 4th. you decipher the under/overachieve from that, looks about just right to me

Lol, can always count on my fellow Shearer fanboy daneq for some moral support Very Happy
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:18 pm

I think the over-achiever in serie A will be DM Milan who i think will be lucky to finish in the top 4 when in reality they have a midtable squad, currently they have no creative mids with the exception of Montolivio who has never really impressed on a large scale IMO also they have a BIG hole in defense and attack since not being able to hold onto their prized assets, Ibra and Silva, especially Ibra who carries them when the team is in need. So now it seems like they will have to look to new striker Boateng for creativity, spark and goals upfront. (burlu says he's a striker Laughing )

Also losing so many Influential players all in one go such as Rino, Nesta and Seedorf will have a detrimentle effect on the club/team because i dont think the 'new senior players' such as a 21 year old Pato who is basically a cripple anyway and a Cassano who blows hot and cold and has only been in Milan one season will cover their losses. Shows a lack of leadership in the squad IMO but luckily they still have the 35 years old Ambrosini who if can keep fit will help to ease the lack of experience in the squad.

New siginigs such as Kevin Constant and the WC Traore dont really impress anyone and with no money to buy a few atleast 'half decent' players the next season doesnt look too bright for them.

On a positive though i think if he gets enough games under his belt i rekon SES will shine and they can atleast attract a 24mio bid from QSG next season to make some more money and buy some more DM's.

As for underachievers i feel that Inter also now too currently have a midtable squad but think they will finish anywhere from 8th-3rd but wouldnt be shocked to see them finish higher than 8th.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Was hoping Malaga would continue to buy top players, hopefully it still happens somehow. That way they can overachieve.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next