Iceman
Spider
Raptorgunner
boss
Ali
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Are we getting the mentality back? Empty Are we getting the mentality back?

Post by Ali Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:45 pm

So I'm sitting back today and thinking...why don't we have the mentality?

Van Persie , Wilshere, Verminator, Scezny, Sagna, and Walcott have such a die hard and work hard mentality. When we didn't have it, Diaby and Denilson were playing, with Bendtner as well.

are we changing ?
Ali
Ali
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Are we getting the mentality back? Empty Re: Are we getting the mentality back?

Post by boss Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:08 pm

OHHH !don't worry Mr.Wengerrrrrrr tongue Yeah we'r changing but in positive aspect...we'r going 2b stronger than ever...u'll see. Just...u know !ha haaaaa

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:36 pm

I have strong feeling that next year will be a good year for Arsenal, we will become champions again.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:59 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I have strong feeling that next year will be a good year for Arsenal, we will become champions again.

Yeahhhh

I can't wait to see Arsenal lift the Emirates cup again bounce bounce

Razz
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:17 pm

Spider wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I have strong feeling that next year will be a good year for Arsenal, we will become champions again.

Yeahhhh

I can't wait to see Arsenal lift the Emirates cup again bounce bounce

Razz
We will lose the Emirate cup this yearAre we getting the mentality back? Lollol104
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Last season we had Vermiantor out for the season, RVP out for half of it, Walcott in and out of the treatment table, Fabregas rarely fully fit....you get my drift, yeah?

We never played with Vermaelen, Fabregas and RVP at the same time last season, and those three are the spine of the team.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mzamani Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:48 pm

[quote="Iceman"]Last season we had Vermiantor out for the season, RVP out for half of it, Walcott in and out of the treatment table, Fabregas rarely fully fit....you get my drift, yeah?

We never played with Vermaelen, Fabregas and RVP at the same time last season, and those three are the spine of the team.[/quote]

[b]
the sad part about this is that we are likely to see that occur again. one of Nasri or Cesc will not last the season. Cesc more lilkely.[/b]
mzamani
mzamani
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:50 pm

I actually think we had the mentality until the Carling Cup crash and the Barca fiasco. Then everyone just stopped giving a shit.

Sad, really. We really could have at least won the league, IMO.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 pm

mzamani wrote:
Iceman wrote:Last season we had Vermiantor out for the season, RVP out for half of it, Walcott in and out of the treatment table, Fabregas rarely fully fit....you get my drift, yeah?

We never played with Vermaelen, Fabregas and RVP at the same time last season, and those three are the spine of the team.

the sad part about this is that we are likely to see that occur again. one of Nasri or Cesc will not last the season. Cesc more lilkely.

Don't listen to the papers and Spanish media, Wenger wants to win, and the only way he can do that is to hold on to the squad and add players and win.
Wenger knows if he does sell these players he can say goodbye to winning trophies.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I actually think we had the mentality until the Carling Cup crash and the Barca fiasco. Then everyone just stopped giving a shit.

Sad, really. We really could have at least won the league, IMO.

This x 100

There was absolutely nothing wrong with our mentality until the Carling Cup crash. Lets be honest here...we came back from a goal down against Barca and beat them. We were losing 1-0 in the CC but we came back and leveled the game. Its just that one horrible mistake which really f*cked everything up
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:10 pm

I don't know about you guys but after beating Barcelona everything went wrong, I don't think its the Carling cup, that's just me.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:11 pm

After beating Barcelona? We were playing fine in Camp Nou until the stupid red card. We were only 1 goal away from beating Barca.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:14 pm

Sushi Master wrote:After beating Barcelona? We were playing fine in Camp Nou until the stupid red card. We were only 1 goal away from beating Barca.

I know the red card change the game, but let be honest that game was one of the worst games by Arsenal, they beat us real good.
After the Barcelona game the team was on clouds and they never came down, no matter how many games they lost.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:17 pm

Worst? I actually LOVED that game. It showed a grittier side of Arsenal I had not seen in years. It showed Wenger is not stupid and is able to change tactics if needed. I doubt we would have spent all the game in a defensive stand, though. Arshavin was itching to get in and in the last 15m or so we would have gone all out. We could have drawn, at least.

Of course, with your best player out you have no frakking chance of that.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:19 pm

That was one horrible fortnight from which we never recovered. And that recovery, is nothing but a question of mentality.

I felt we started strongly, with a desire to win big this season. But after the turn of the year, we started messing a bit here and there. Like those needless FA Cup replays we got ourselves into. But on the surface, all was fine. Then we ran our luck out at CC Finals. This was followed by the RvP red, just when we had started turning things on at Nou Camp. We were in panick mode after that, knowing we had only PL to fight for. A few dropped points later, we gave up and let Chelsea and ManCity finish above us.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:25 pm

Sushi Master wrote:Worst? I actually LOVED that game. It showed a grittier side of Arsenal I had not seen in years. It showed Wenger is not stupid and is able to change tactics if needed. I doubt we would have spent all the game in a defensive stand, though. Arshavin was itching to get in and in the last 15m or so we would have gone all out. We could have drawn, at least.

Of course, with your best player out you have no frakking chance of that.

It might have looked like Wenger had change tactics, but I did not see it that way, Barcelona dominated the game from start to finish, and it could have been embarrassing game if it was not for some crazy saves and Barcelona missing chance after chance.

It was no tactic my friend, Arsenal had no idea what was going on, coming from a heart broken Arsenal fan.
We all know Arsenal cant defend as a team so Wenger did not go to Barca to defend all game.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:31 pm

I guess you didn't watch the Barcelona-Inter game a few seasons back. Barcelona dominated the whole game there yet they still got eliminated. Hell, they won the game.

I agree Arsenal did not go in there to defend all game, but it's impossible attacking when you have a player less and your best player.

They did change tactics. If we applied our usual gung-ho ones, we would have gotten steamrolled. We are not even a defensive side to begin with, so I was satisfied with the result even though we lost. Luck (UEFA) was not on our side that day.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:33 pm

Sushi Master wrote:I guess you didn't watch the Barcelona-Inter game a few seasons back. Barcelona dominated the whole game there yet they still got eliminated. Hell, they won the game.

I agree Arsenal did not go in there to defend all game, but it's impossible attacking when you have a player less and your best player.

They did change tactics. If we applied our usual gung-ho ones, we would have gotten steamrolled. We are not even a defensive side to begin with, so I was satisfied with the result even though we lost. Luck (UEFA) was not on our side that day.

I did watch that game and Inter can defend like no other team, Arsenal cant Defend like Inter our players are not programed to defend and surly they wont learn in 2 weeks.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:35 pm

Actually, the line up that was chosen and the way we played suggested that we were going there to defend and attack on the counter, perhaps trying to steal in the final 10-15 minutes.

This is all irrelevant now, but the point is that there was nothing wrong with our mentality beforehand. People always try to blame our failures on things that aren't true. For example, we were criticized for never showing up to the big games. The media, journalists etc. etc. somehow related this to our "mentality". This year, we beat every big team out there that we faced, so its not a problem of mentality. I don't think that is the problem.

I remember when we used to point at how United's CC triumph served as a booster for their success and trophies later that year, and how important it was for them to win it. The complete opposite happened to us. We lost due to a dreadful mistake and that shook up everything in the team.

Perhaps a fresh start is what we need and next season offers that at least. What happened last season was not a result of serious problem with the team as the media would like to portrait. It was an Eduardo-injury-eque effect; That bad experience affected the whole team. Perhaps we could have been mentally stronger, but I doubt it would have affected our trophy count.

Last edited by Iceman on Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:39 pm

Iceman wrote:Actually, the line up that was chosen and the way we played suggested that we were going there to defend and attack on the counter, perhaps trying to steal in the final 10-15 minutes.

This is all irrelevant now, but the point is that there was nothing wrong with our mentality beforehand. People always try to blame our failures on things that aren't true. For example, we were criticized for never showing up to the big games. The media, journalists etc. etc. somehow related this to our "mentality". This year, we beat every big team out there that we faced, so its not a problem of mentality. I don't think that is the problem.

I remember when we used to point at how United's CC triumph served as a booster for their success and trophies later that year, and how important it was for them to win it. The complete opposite happened to us. We lost due to our a dreadful mistake and that shook up everything in the team.

So many things went wrong that we don't know where to start, all we can hope for is to learn from our mistakes. We know we can beat the best team in the world and we could lose to the worst team in the world.
I have to say, we are the unluckiest team in the world, when we lose, is not cus the other team was good is cus they were lucky.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:45 pm

You make your own luck mate.

More often than not, the other team didn't get lucky, we screwed up. Esp against the small teams.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah, that is a good point. We beat every big side we went up against. That's fantastic.

But then against lesser sides we chocked up. Not acceptable. It's like we took a step forward and then at the same time a step back. And ended up on our asses.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:08 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
So many things went wrong that we don't know where to start, all we can hope for is to learn from our mistakes. We know we can beat the best team in the world and we could lose to the worst team in the world.
I have to say, we are the unluckiest team in the world, when we lose, is not cus the other team was good is cus they were lucky.

I don't believe in luck. I think of it as an excuse that we invented just so that we have something to blame when it all goes wrong. Its just how Karma makes us believe that there is a sense of justice in this world, but blaming it on luck is just an escape route that we made, but to each his own I suppose. I don't intend to insult anyone's beliefs here

What went wrong exactly? I can point out the monumental "frak-ups", and I can see where we went wrong and what needs to be done, but I don't think that "so many things went wrong that we don't even know where to start". It wasn't that bad, and don't be convinced that it is. We beat United, we beat Chelsea, we beat the almighty Barca...The picture is not as dark as you think it is. We had trouble against some smaller teams, but this problem is so much easier to solve than if the situation were reversed (as it was the season prior). If we can fix that problem, then we sure as hell can fix this one.
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 pm

In comparison, we learnt how to beat big teams, but forgot how to close games against smaller teams, esp like those spuds and toons.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by tsgooner1 Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:55 pm

What we need is not only the winning attitude to come to the players, but to us fans as well. We are way to negative at times and some times it feeds through to the players. When we start doubting our own players that negative energy goes right to them. We need to develop that winning attitide back again. i rememeber when we drew barca in the champions league a bunch of us we saying, "who cares, lets lose this and go win the league". that right there is a loser mentality. I bet you chelsea fans wouldnt do the same thing, nor man utd fans, nor barca. Remembeer when we were in for the quadrouple. No one believed we could do it, but we fans also didnt believe we could do it. Thats a loser mentality. believe you can win and positives will happen. I bet you, the year we wnet unbeaten us arsenal fans thought that we could win any trophy out there. Now we doubt us to win even one. we are apart of Arsenal F.C. as well. We play apart of there season. If we want Arsenal F.C. to get that winning mentality back, it must start from us the fans.

tsgooner1
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next