OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated)

+28
DuringTheWar
MJ
Eman
aleumdance
Gil
Sina
eelir
Lex
Jay29
Babun
Emaharg
Valkyrja
urbaNRoots
TalkingReckless
Kick
RealGunner
LeBéninois
jcsc13
Wilson37
Raptorgunner
Rev
beatrixasdfghjk.
boss
Sri
Great Leader Sprucenuce
SamuelJayC
Spider
REWB
32 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated) - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated)

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:26 pm

RvP has travelled in Germany with the squad for the last pre-season match against Köln, not that it means anything just pointing it out. No one knows really, Mancini apparently has admitted defeat, Juve have problems and United only are interested to make fans happy. Seems encouraging but if I had to bet I'd bet that he will play with Juventus next season.

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated) - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated)

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:32 pm

The fact van Persie has gone to Germany suggests that the club has accepted that selling him at the moment is unlikely. If there were any serious negotiations happening, van Persie would have been left behind so as to not disrupt preparations.

That's my theory on it, anyway.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:37 pm

Nasri travelled in Köln last season aswell and even played the first match of the season. Really hoping it wont be the same case.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Nasri played more out of necessity, I think. Going into that Liverpool game, he, Frimpong and Ramsey were our only fit midfielders. Wilshere, Rosicky and Diaby were injured, Song was suspended and Coquelin had just come back from a youth tournament.

That's not really the case here. Giroud and Podolski might not be completely fit just yet, but we do have them available to play.

Things might pick up again the closer to the end of the window we get, but at the moment it's all gone quiet. There haven't been any new bids, nor has there been any new comments from Wenger, van Persie and the interested parties.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:17 am

For Sri:

Arsenal sign Spain midfielder Santi Cazorla

Arsenal Football Club is delighted to announce that Spain international Santi Cazorla has joined the Club on a long-term contract.

Santi Cazorla - full name Santiago Cazorla González - joins Arsenal for an undisclosed fee from Malaga. He was a key part of the Malaga side which finished fourth in La Liga last season, qualifying for the UEFA Champions League for the first time in the club's history.

Cazorla, a versatile 27-year-old attacking midfielder, has made a total of 45 appearances for Spain and was a member of his country's victorious squads at the European Championship in 2008 and 2012.

Before joining Malaga in 2011, Cazorla spent two spells at Villarreal, making 181 appearances and helping 'the Yellow Submarine' finish runners-up in La Liga in 2008. In between these spells, he spent
the 2006/07 season in La Liga on loan at Recreativo. Cazorla spent the early part of his career at youth level with Spanish side Oviedo.

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger said: "Santi Cazorla is a great signing for us. He is a player with good experience at both club and international level, who will add significant quality to our squad.

"He is a versatile, attacking midfield player who can play comfortably on either side of the pitch or centrally. He has good pace, is technically gifted and will be a huge asset to Arsenal Football Club.
We are delighted that he is joining us."

Cazorla, who was voted Spanish Player of the Year in 2007, said: "I'm so happy to be joining Arsenal. This is a club with great players, a fantastic stadium and huge support.

"The Club has one of the best managers in football and their style of play is recognised and admired all over the world.

"I'm so excited to be joining one of the greatest teams in Europe and also in the Premier League. I will do my best to help Arsenal challenge for trophies and make all the supporters happy."

Everyone welcomes Santi to the Club, his squad number will be confirmed in due course.

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/arsenal-sign-spain-midfielder-santi-cazorla

Agent Arteta :bow:OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated) - Page 2 Zp_149882744_SM_MAFC_AA8_B446_copy_2652
http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/santi-cazorla-picture-gallery

(I told you it'd be a long-term contract Razz).

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 am

Thank you!!

YAYYY!!!! We signed Santi Cazorla!!! Now its sinking in!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy :bow: :bow: :bow:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:37 am

OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated) - Page 2 Tumblr_llzsvhNuae1qkwc9zo1_400
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:42 am

Wenger: "Cazorla is a great signing for us. He is a versatile attacking midfielder, who is technically gifted. He'll be a huge asset."

Cazorla: "I'm so happy to join Arsenal. This club has one of the best managers in football, great players & a fantastic stadium."

"When I signed for Malaga, there was already an interest from Arsenal. I couldn't miss the opportunity again"

"Why did I join? I spoke with Pires & Fabregas, they spoke so highly of the club. I think it's one of the greatest in Europe."

"Arsenal have played Champions League football for the last 15 years. That says a lot about the club."

"You can tell Arsenal is a huge club just by the training ground. The facilities are excellent."

"The type of football Arsenal & Arsene Wenger want to play, I think this really suits me."

"Wenger played a very important part in me signing for Arsenal. I hope to pay him back on the pitch. The shirt deserves it."

"Pires & Fabregas both told me Arsenal was a big club, and that I'd enjoy London. They said I'd adapt easily."

--

All Cazorla quotes from Arsenal Player.

---

Fee for Cazorla is €16m (£12.7m) according to Spanish press. It's €20m (£16m) according to English press. It's undisclosed according to Arsenal. Very Happy
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:49 am

Arteta :bow:

It's those come-to-bed eyes, man. Cazorla couldn't resists
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:52 am

Pires >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Viera-scum. :coffee:

I feel less dislike towards Cesc now.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:52 am

James Olley and Jamie Dalton on twitter (two reliable journos/football fanatics) saying fee is £11.7m - £12m!!! cheers
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:James Olley and Jamie Dalton on twitter (two reliable journos/football fanatics) saying fee is £11.7m - £12m!!! cheers

That. Is. A. Steal.

And we haven't broken a transfer record.

AW the opportunist! :bow:

Now time for Dick Law & co. to sort out the other transfers (INs and OUTs).

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 am

Yeah, surprised Vieira didn't try and hijack this signing with his pro-City nob nibbling
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:55 am

Cesc Fàbregas
I'm so happy to hear that my mate Santi Cazorla is finally a gooner. Top guy, special player. A great signing! Come onnn!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:56 am

Great signing guys. Congrats! I hope RVP does not go and perhaps you could use some good singing in defense maybe, and this team will be great!
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:57 am

Glad to see Cesc still uses a lot of north London lingo
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:59 am

Lex wrote:Glad to see Cesc still uses a lot of north London lingo

Well he claims north London is his second home, even if he abandoned it. He tweets regularly about Arsenal, and while I found it extremely disturbing in the beginning, I am becoming more indifferent to it now. For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to 'unfollow' him.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:02 am

Samuelj29060 wrote:James Olley and Jamie Dalton on twitter (two reliable journos/football fanatics) saying fee is £11.7m - £12m!!! cheers

Diariosur saying 15 million euros aswell. I guess this must be the fee then.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:16 am

yeah.. he is here.. Christmas time.. cheers
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:16 am

OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated) - Page 2 Mike110OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated) - Page 2 Mike110OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated) - Page 2 Mike110
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:30 am

It's always nice when someone welcomes you like Arteta did.

Mikel :bow:
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:31 am

Someone edit the title of the thread it's "Cazorla".
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:37 am

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/summer-2012-transfer-window-thread-warning-contains-itk-t1184-6840.html

http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/thread-where-we-can-talk-shit-about-other-clubs-transfers-t2476-260.html

look at these epic spurs threads Very Happy
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:48 am

Opta Sports ‏@OptaJoe

84 - Santi Cazorla created 84 goalscoring chances in La Liga last season, only 3 players created more (Ozil, Messi & Navas). Gunner
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:18 am

RVP better not stay. Mad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:35 am

So happy right now bounce Arteta :bow: :bow:
OFFICIAL: Santi Cazorla signs a Long term Deal at Arsenal ( updated) - Page 2 24209210
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next