lenear1030
free_cat
guest7
Le Samourai
Raptorgunner
26 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How much is Luka Modric is worth? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much is Luka Modric is worth?

Post by jibers Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:42 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:well its pretty obvous torres and carroll arent worth that. Lets see if liverpool manage to sell carroll for what they bought him for Very Happy

Yea, becuase you have that money and own a club. Somethings worth is determined by how much people are determined to pay for it. Players included. SO yes that is what they are worth. Good or bad choice is another story

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

How much is Luka Modric is worth? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much is Luka Modric is worth?

Post by che Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:42 am

that means he's worth 24 mil to city... what factors influence their valuation is irrelevant
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:46 am

If i buy penny candy for £1, it doesn't mean it's actually worth £1. It might be worth that much to me, but to everyone else, it's only a penny

James Milner is not worth £24 million

Torres is not worth £50 million
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:47 am

i dont really see what your and che's problem is tbh. We are basically talking about what would be a "good choice" to pay, we cant have opinons on that? Crying or Very sad
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:50 am

35m £ max. Spurs just keep milking it until we decide not to buy him.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am

Schweini wrote:Arsenal fans talk to much sh*T about Spurs in this forum, it's ridiculous.

Next thing you knw, they tell you Gervinho is better than Bale.

If Modric was an Arsenal players, they'd have change their shorts every 2 hours due to massive amount of wank and cumfest over him

Is this a joke?

I asked a simple question,how am I talking shit about the Spurs?

What has Bale really done to be compared to Gervinho? both are inconsistent and Gervinho at least won the french league.

If Modric was a Arsenal player, with the squad we have I dont think he would start.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:52 am

A player is as much worth as a club is ready to pay for him ( supply/ demand). That said it makes a hell lot more sense to try out a 15m man with 2m salary/ year ( Sahin) first before getting someone for 45m with possible 5m+ of wages who could flop for all I know.
Perez and Mou should look at the Spanish economy properly :coffee:

Last edited by Dolce Vita on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:53 am

If i buy penny candy for £1, it doesn't mean it's actually worth £1. It might be worth that much to me, but to everyone else, it's only a penny

I agree with this annnddd..

i dont really see what your and che's problem is tbh. We are basically talking about what would be a "good choice" to pay, we cant have opinons on that?

This. Same thing with the Ballon d'Or thread. It's a football forum, I'm just discussing how much I think someone is worth to me/who the top in the world is to me, they're just opinions to generate discussion :/

Maybe you have a problem with how much someone is worth or the legitimacy of an award, but despite that I do like to at least discuss it. If you have a problem with that you don't really need to discuss it, do you?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:54 am

Nameless wrote:35m £ max. Spurs just keep milking it until we decide not to buy him.

Didn't realise you were Madrid's sporting director....

He is as much as Real are willing to pay and Tottenham are willing to accept
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:i dont really see what your and che's problem is tbh. We are basically talking about what would be a "good choice" to pay, we cant have opinons on that? Crying or Very sad
They need attention eco smile
How much is Luka Modric is worth? - Page 2 96f

Last edited by Dolce Vita on Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:55 am

jibers wrote:
Nameless wrote:35m £ max. Spurs just keep milking it until we decide not to buy him.

Didn't realise you were Madrid's sporting director....

He is as much as Real are willing to pay and Tottenham are willing to accept
Im not Madrids sporting director lol. Calm down, and yea you are right.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:57 am

This thread took a new direction, didn't it?

Every player has an intrinsic value. That value is backed by primarily the amount of revenue that the player can generate for the club. Of course, there are many different ways in which a player can generate, like helping the team secure a higher league position and winning trophies, the image rights etc etc.

Each club's ability to make money off a player is different, so each club will place different values on each player. This is the reason Madrid is able to pay so much more for a player than other clubs. So, Madrid can pay much more for Modric than what Arsenal can pay for him.

That being said, some clubs do tend to pay over and above their value for a player in some cases. Hence we cannot take market values, solely, as the worth of a player, but each player does have a different value for different clubs.

Last edited by kiranr on Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:59 am

You buy the candy for how much it's worth though, not for how much you think it's worth. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:18 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:i dont really see what your and che's problem is tbh. We are basically talking about what would be a "good choice" to pay, we cant have opinons on that? Crying or Very sad

because it's a completely pointless argument, it's just people pulling completely arbitrary figures out of their asses... might as well post local temperatures and humidity

Hence we cannot take market values, solely, as the worth of a player, but each player does have a different value for different clubs.

this, exactly... milner is worth more to city than to anyone else because they don't give a shit about money... modric is worth more to madrid than to anyone else because mourinho is obsessed with him or something, i don't know

the "how much is x worth" question is completely pointless, "how much is x worth to club A" is actually based on reality but as noone here is an insider at any club we have no clue what that is either

oh btw 10 points for babun for the amazing self-awareness, posting the exact same thing me and jibers are arguing for and then calling us attention whores Thumbs up
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:34 pm

I wouldn't pay more than 25million euros for him, especially having Nuri Sahin already in the team.

Last edited by urbaNRoots on Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by aford92 Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:50 pm

So, they have Sahin who does exactly the same job as Modric, better than Modric does and yet they are getting rid of Sahin and paying stupid money for Modric.

Genius.
aford92
aford92
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:16 pm

aford92 wrote:So, they have Sahin who does exactly the same job as Modric, better than Modric does and yet they are getting rid of Sahin and paying stupid money for Modric.

Genius.

yea he does it better than Modric based on that alighty performance he had in 2o minutes for madrid last season. Get a grip people.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Schweini wrote:Arsenal fans talk to much sh*T about Spurs in this forum, it's ridiculous.

Next thing you knw, they tell you Gervinho is better than Bale.

If Modric was an Arsenal players, they'd have change their shorts every 2 hours due to massive amount of wank and cumfest over him

Is this a joke?

I asked a simple question,how am I talking shit about the Spurs?

What has Bale really done to be compared to Gervinho? both are inconsistent and Gervinho at least won the french league.

If Modric was a Arsenal player, with the squad we have I dont think he would start.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Modric would start over Song/Arteta . There is a reason massive massive clubs are in for him. He is an exceptional footballer.

What has Bale done ? He's a much more effective player in the most entertaining league of the world, compared to Gervinho who was massive underwhelming in his first season. Frebchh league comparison is irrelevant since Bale never played in it.

But hey, Kim Ju Chan has won the Korean league....therefore him >> Gerrard who has never won a league.

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:41 pm

I saw enough from Sahin at Dortmund to suggest he is much better than Modric.

Because Mourinho refused to give him a chance doesn't make him a bad player.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:44 pm

If Modric played for one of the clubs who had more GL fans, then he'd be rated 100 times more highly here than he is.

Shame, 95% of us on this website are bunch of glory-hunting twats

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:47 pm

In today's market values def 30

la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:51 pm

Sepi, why is it so hard for you to grasp that i just don't rate him? It has nothing to do with club rivalry crap

I just don't think he's the living incarnation of sliced bread that everyone on this site thinks he is
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:58 pm

Schweini wrote:If Modric played for one of the clubs who had more GL fans, then he'd be rated 100 times more highly here than he is.

Not really i'm on forums with no glory hunting fans at all or very few and he's rated about the same. Talking about average rating not just exceptions.

Fact is Modric is a wonderfully gifted footballer at controlling the pace of the game and starting attacks but he is'nt very good in the defensive third or attacking third and very rarely dominates big games.

That is the reason he is not rated as highly as maybe his talent suggests on here is because....

1. Defensively he offers very little so he needs a bodyguard aka Parker

2. He offers very little in the attacking third so he needs a AM to link between Modric and the forwards.

3. He very rarely gets the better of top 6 midfields

Not to escape he's a fantastic player but you need too many things to get the best out of Modric he offers as much as anyone in a playmaking sense but in the final and defensive third he comes up short.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by chinomaster182 Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:59 pm

I think Luka Modric is a WC talent, he is worth tons of money. Maybe even above 35m.
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Schweini wrote:If Modric played for one of the clubs who had more GL fans, then he'd be rated 100 times more highly here than he is.

Not really i'm on forums with no glory hunting fans at all or very few and he's rated about the same. Talking about average rating not just exceptions.

Fact is Modric is a wonderfully gifted footballer at controlling the pace of the game and starting attacks but he is'nt very good in the defensive third or attacking third and very rarely dominates big games.

That is the reason he is not rated as highly as maybe his talent suggests on here is because....

1. Defensively he offers very little so he needs a bodyguard aka Parker

2. He offers very little in the attacking third so he needs a AM to link between Modric and the forwards.

3. He very rarely gets the better of top 6 midfields

Not to escape he's a fantastic player but you need too many things to get the best out of Modric he offers as much as anyone in a playmaking sense but in the final and defensive third he comes up short.

Disagree man. He is much better defensively than what you credit him for.

Actually, I'll go as far as Modric has put in better performances when he's been paired with Huddlestone, as opposed to a brainless Parker.

If Modric is poor defensively, then how do you rate Pirlo ? He needed Gattusso to protect him all the time. now he needs Marchisio and Vidal/(some other guy in NT) to do it.
Does it make Pirlo over-rated ????

Also, the reason he doesn't dominate many big games is because under Harry Spurs played a flat 4-4-2 most of the time. In today's football, you know it's very hard to dominate a midfield when opposition's manager isn't a tactical goof. Do you think Cesc would have been able to dominate as many teams as he did in PL if Arsenal played a flat 4-4-2 ??

We aren't talking about Keane's and Vieira's of this world......Cesc, Modric of them are different breed of footballers, and 4-3-3 system gets the best out of them. I'd love to see Luka in a team that plays that system, and then we can judge his big game performances better IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Modric being poor defensively is a myth, he is much better at defending then people make out.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next