Potential
sbaggio
Ganso
celikmilan
shamr9pato
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

zapata officially a milan player???  - Page 2 Empty Re: zapata officially a milan player???

Post by Milantildeath Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:23 am

No Dzeko is not a member of the EU. I'm praying for Kaka

Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

zapata officially a milan player???  - Page 2 Empty Re: zapata officially a milan player???

Post by Guest Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:57 am

Milantildeath wrote:No Dzeko is not a member of the EU. I'm praying for Kaka

i see. yeah me too. kaka would be nice. but lets hope galliani dont limit himself to just kaka and explore more alternatives. quality one.

Back to top Go down

Post by red&blacklegion Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:15 am

Grazie presidente, grazie. Cant wait for Gallianis kiss ass comments when we buy Kaka.
red&blacklegion
red&blacklegion
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:41 pm

Former Milan player and Coach Cesare Maldini has been left less than impressed by his old club’s move for Cristian Zapata.

The Colombian completed a quick loan move back to Italy yesterday by joining the Rossoneri from newly-relegated Villarreal in Spain.

As a non-EU national, the former Udinese player has taken up the squad’s final allocated spot, ruling out future moves this summer for other non-EU nationals such as Carlos Tevez, Leandro Damaio and Edin Dzeko.

Beyond this point though, Maldini, who made almost 350 appearances for the Diavolo before taking to the bench in two separate spells at San Siro, is struggling to understand the transfer’s merits.

“I did not expect the arrival of Zapata. We’ll evaluate how he is physically, but I certainly expected something better,” the 80-year-old declared this week.

“I remember in Udine he did very well, but at Villarreal he has not done very well and he has had an injury.

“But, clearly Milan will have followed the player and considered him fully recovered. I think he is still not exactly a central defender, but inevitably will have some kind of reception from fans after the departure of Thiago Silva.

“The Brazilian is a phenomenal player that I believe could have had a long career with the Rossoneri like Franco Baresi or Paolo [Maldini].

“I believe we need a high level player in defence.”

-------------------

I share the same viewpoint as Maldini, however hopefully Zapata does a serviceable job. At Udinese, the only time he impressed me was during his final season when he did well in their charge towards the Champions League qualification stage, however this was in a three centre back system with a lot of cover from midfield. Physically he's obviously impressive, however he's never been a leader or organiser of the defence and has never struck me as the sort of player who might develop as such. I see in this the Sokratis deal without an any economic commitment from the club. I imagine he'll stay for a season then won't be retained when Yanga-Mbiwa arrives at the end of his contract unless injuries give him a chance to establish himself in the first team.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:30 pm

He's a WB, not a CB. He has very limited CB capabilities.

If we do not buy a quality CB, ST and CM in 20 days we are monumentally screwed for the upcoming season. We'll be fighting with Inter for the Europa league spots.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:14 am

He was REALLY REALLY bad with villarreal. I mean like, shocking.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:He was REALLY REALLY bad with villarreal. I mean like, shocking.

Thats how we roll baby smoking

That should be like a new Milan advertisement this season; "Welcome to the San Siro, where chicken sh1t is made into chicken salad.. uh..well, that's the plan anyway"
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2