Greatest game mods.

2 posters

Go down

Greatest game mods. Empty Greatest game mods.

Post by Bellabong Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 am

10. Median/MedianXL
Game: Dablo II: Lord of Destruction
Description: New Skill trees, new skills, new runewords, pretty much expanding on Diablo II gameplay with some unique überquests, including one where you have to navigate a huge map to its end where you have to kite hundred of invincible zombies.

9. Fleet Operations 3
Game: Star Trek: Armada II
Fleet Operations is a popular skirmish and multiplayer orientated total conversion modification for Star Trek: Armada II. Since 2003 to this day it's being patched and balanced, the amount of work that has gone into this mod is incredible.

8. Red Orchestra: Combined Arms
Game: Unreal Tournament 2004
A "hard-core" mod with unprecedented realism (Iron sights, no crosshairs, only an indicator about how many clips you have left, no bullets) it has already spawned 2 stand-alone games.

7. Tamriel Rebuilt
Game: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
I can't even find a video that covers the sheer scope of this mod - it's what the mod name suggests, the entire world of Tamriel rebuilt.

6. Nehrim: At Fates Edge
Game: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
A total conversion of Oblivion with insane production values, including voice-acting!

5. DayZ
Game: Arma II
A mod that's more popular than the original game. Says it all really.

4. Desert Combat
Game: Battlefield 1942
The makers were hired to make Battlefield 2, need I say any more about the production values and longevity of this mod?

3. Black Mesa Source
Game: Half-Life II
Hard to choose between this, Counter-Strike and Garry's mod so you can disagree with my choice because I picked it mainly for nostalgia, but bringing Half-Life to the source engine is no easy feat as the devs seem to be doing this in Valve time >.>

2. Fall From Heaven 2
Game: Civilization IV
A total conversion mod for Civ 4 set in a dark fantasy setting there are literally hundreds of new features from spell-casting to heroes all in a well polished, stable package with licensed music from Nox Arcana. Personally I've spent more time playing this than the original Beyond the Sword and it would definitely be successful as a stand-alone game considering that Warlocks, a game based on the Civ 5 engine that has nowhere near the amount of features and is being sold as a stand-alone game.

1. Third Age: Total War 3.0
Game: Medieval II: Total War
Total War + Lord of the Rings, what more do you need to know? With the introduction of custom settlements in 3.0 this mod is everything you could hope for from a LotR RTS and for me is the epitomy of modding. Popular "mods" such as Counter-Strike & Team Fortress may be household names but for sheer effort, detail and display of talent as well as dedication and pushing the original game to the extreme Third Age: Total War takes the cake.

Last edited by Phritz on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Greatest game mods. Empty Re: Greatest game mods.

Post by SaintJoe Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:06 am

There's a Medieval 2 Lotr Mod Shocked Installing it asap :bow:
SaintJoe
SaintJoe
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Schalke 04

Back to top Go down