Onyx
54 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 4 Empty Re: Ronaldo vs Messi

Post by Real Kandahar Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:56 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
jibers wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Ronaldo is known for dribbling though his dribbling skills aren't as world class as Ribery, Iniesta, Messi, Surarez.

ever since his ankle injury his dribbling has been crap. He isn't even beter than Higuain ffs

what happened to his ankle? how did it change his game?

this is how his game changed

i wonder if he had that same dribbling as shown in the video.... with the stuff he has now... like goal scoring and pace and physicality and positioning... i wonder if that would make him much better?

Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:38 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
jibers wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Ronaldo is known for dribbling though his dribbling skills aren't as world class as Ribery, Iniesta, Messi, Surarez.

ever since his ankle injury his dribbling has been crap. He isn't even beter than Higuain ffs

i wonder if he had that same dribbling as shown in the video.... with the stuff he has now... like goal scoring and pace and physicality and positioning... i wonder if that would make him much better?

No it wouldn't... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:46 am

his dribbling wasnt outstanding even at united, point he has a lot of other attributes which many not be as flashy but equally important
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:16 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
jibers wrote:

um, its clean debate section, your post above " No deliberate derailing of threads (50% warning level deduction)" qualifies for that

keep on topic, or please leave
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:
jibers wrote:

it has nothing to with that. at young ages everybody is better dribbler

billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:04 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
jibers wrote:

um, its clean debate section, your post above " No deliberate derailing of threads (50% warning level deduction)" qualifies for that

Buddy. Your post means nothing. Everyone is decent dribbling then when they change to a different club, it changes. Ronaldo's dribbling after moving to Madrid has changed. Sanchez's dribbling has been poor ever since coming to Barca.
Your point is nothing.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:31 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
jibers wrote:

Buddy. Your post means nothing. Everyone is decent dribbling then when they change to a different club, it changes. Ronaldo's dribbling after moving to Madrid has changed. Sanchez's dribbling has been poor ever since coming to Barca.
Your point is nothing.

In fact, your point is severely flawed, and might want to reconsider or else people will laugh....

What a generalization you made, players like Robben, di maria, aguero and many more... despite not only changing teams, but also changing a league, did not see a massive change in their dribbling style or technique

taking an example of a few instances and generalizing it to make your point ever so slightly acceptable is not the way to go, calm yourself... If barca were not a possession team, and let players like sanchiz have creative freedom (creativity which is only restricted to xavi, messi and iniesta) .. then he would be playing same as he was in Udinese,

Next time, don't generalize Smile tip of the day for you Very Happy

Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:04 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:
jibers wrote:

Your point is nothing.

In fact, your point is severely flawed, and might want to reconsider or else people will laugh....

What a generalization you made, players like Robben, di maria, aguero and many more... despite not only changing teams, but also changing a league, did not see a massive change in their dribbling style or technique

taking an example of a few instances and generalizing it to make your point ever so slightly acceptable is not the way to go, calm yourself... If barca were not a possession team, and let players like sanchiz have creative freedom (creativity which is only restricted to xavi, messi and iniesta) .. then he would be playing same as he was in Udinese,

Next time, don't generalize Smile tip of the day for you Very Happy

Sanchez... Creative freedom... Oh God, don't you know what your talking about... :facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:58 am

His dribbling has not decreased, he made an excellent cut while being double teamed by pique and alves and honestly rarely touched the ball in dangerous positions.. I think the team is more disiplined as a whole and ronaldo doesn't or isn't as creative with our tactics. That's good and bad I guess really, bad for the spectators Razz

You really can't lose dribbling, its a mental thing and I think sanchez is an example of this but to a more extreme degree.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:55 pm

Remember people, Messi's job is to create and score, while Ronaldo's is purely to score and provide some width. If Ronaldo played centrally and was instructed to assist as much as possible and create as many chances as possible, I am sure that he would be regarded as a "better" player in the eyes of most people. If Messi was told to hug the touch line and then cross the ball in instead of focusing on short ball distribution, he would be regarded as a "worse" player in the eyes of most people.

It seems that inherently, the duty of winger/ striker is perceived as being inferior than the job of striker/ creator. Why should that be the case? Notice how Messi's stats skyrocketed when he moved centrally, while Ronaldo utterly transformed the role of winger/ attacker with the amount of goals he has somehow scored from there.

Also, it's obvious that both players have absolutely different physiques. Ronaldo's body naturally helps him dominate set pieces, score close range goals, long range goals and counterattack quickly, while Messi's physique naturally helps him weave around players, play short one twos and score close range goals. Both players try to use their advantages to the best of their abilities, so we should judge them on how well they use their natural bodies.

Just some food for thought. Messi is better, but not the exaggerated extent some of you people portray it as being. Not so long ago, Ronaldo was being touted as THE future GOAT, while now, he is suddenly "miles behind the alien Messi".
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:40 pm

Kev, if playing in messi's position was easy for ronaldo he would play there. but he is not good in tight spaces and he has no good vision and creativity to be in center of everything. He can be part of something but he can not be center of everything. Wing is the best place for him, he has speed and the best place to use speed is the wings. So saying if ronaldo moved to messi position doesnt make any sense. if you took away ronaldo's best attribute (speed) he would be completely useless player in middle
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:52 pm

billionmillion wrote:Kev, if playing in messi's position was easy for ronaldo he would play there. but he is not good in tight spaces and he has no good vision and creativity to be in center of everything. He can be part of something but he can not be center of everything. Wing is the best place for him, he has speed and the best place to use speed is the wings. So saying if ronaldo moved to messi position doesnt make any sense. if you took away ronaldo's best attribute (speed) he would be completely useless player in middle
That's not true, ronaldo has an excellent phisique, jumping, and a great touch along with his shot. Also I can't believe you said higuain was just as good as cristiano at headers Laughing
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:34 pm

Kev wrote:Remember people, Messi's job is to create and score, while Ronaldo's is purely to score and provide some width. If Ronaldo played centrally and was instructed to assist as much as possible and create as many chances as possible, I am sure that he would be regarded as a "better" player in the eyes of most people. If Messi was told to hug the touch line and then cross the ball in instead of focusing on short ball distribution, he would be regarded as a "worse" player in the eyes of most people.

It seems that inherently, the duty of winger/ striker is perceived as being inferior than the job of striker/ creator. Why should that be the case? Notice how Messi's stats skyrocketed when he moved centrally, while Ronaldo utterly transformed the role of winger/ attacker with the amount of goals he has somehow scored from there.

Also, it's obvious that both players have absolutely different physiques. Ronaldo's body naturally helps him dominate set pieces, score close range goals, long range goals and counterattack quickly, while Messi's physique naturally helps him weave around players, play short one twos and score close range goals. Both players try to use their advantages to the best of their abilities, so we should judge them on how well they use their natural bodies.

Just some food for thought. Messi is better, but not the exaggerated extent some of you people portray it as being. Not so long ago, Ronaldo was being touted as THE future GOAT, while now, he is suddenly "miles behind the alien Messi".
This isn't FIFA but know this, if Ronaldo COULD play Messi's role then he would do it in a heart beat, and Mourinho would put him there as-well, but logically Ronaldo is only useful as a top 25 winger or "meh" striker
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:
billionmillion wrote:Kev, if playing in messi's position was easy for ronaldo he would play there. but he is not good in tight spaces and he has no good vision and creativity to be in center of everything. He can be part of something but he can not be center of everything. Wing is the best place for him, he has speed and the best place to use speed is the wings. So saying if ronaldo moved to messi position doesnt make any sense. if you took away ronaldo's best attribute (speed) he would be completely useless player in middle
That's not true, ronaldo has an excellent phisique, jumping, and a great touch along with his shot. Also I can't believe you said higuain was just as good as cristiano at headers Laughing

Lets be real here guys. Pedro would be better at playing Messi's than cr7. What is this "physique" I continue to hear about? The guy goes down every time after the slightest of touches and in the middle of the park were its crowded he will just be :facepalm: Also his "jumping"skill will be useless here. Every time ronaldo dribbles a player he doesn't have composure to pick a pass. If ronaldo played for barca in Messi's role he would give the ball away so many times and would soon be benched. If its the Tello role, then now we are talking and even then Tello will give him a run for his money

Messi has already shown us what he can do on the wing, nothing to say there. And also didn't Pelegrini try cr7 in the middle, where he failed dismally?
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 am

gondov wrote:Lets be deceived here guys. Pedro would be better at playing Messi's than cr7.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:17 am

gondov wrote:Lets be deceived here guys. Pedro would be better at playing Messi's than cr7.
How about you share your opinion instead of spamming?

Consider this a slight warning.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:32 am

If i gave my opinion, it would help derail the thread into a ronaldo vs pedro debate.
Classic barca fan boy tactic, when people are comparing him to messi, produce some inflammatory comment about <insert name of average barca squad player here> being better in some way.
There was really no need to bring pedro into it imo

but anyway, my opinion is pedro is pretty much inferior as a player in almost everyway, on the wing or in the midfield area
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:47 am

gondov wrote:
Giggity5313 wrote:

Lets be real here guys. Pedro would be better at playing Messi's than cr7. What is this "physique" I continue to hear about? The guy goes down every time after the slightest of touches and in the middle of the park were its crowded he will just be :facepalm: Also his "jumping"skill will be useless here. Every time ronaldo dribbles a player he doesn't have composure to pick a pass. If ronaldo played for barca in Messi's role he would give the ball away so many times and would soon be benched. If its the Tello role, then now we are talking and even then Tello will give him a run for his money

Messi has already shown us what he can do on the wing, nothing to say there. And also didn't Pelegrini try cr7 in the middle, where he failed dismally?

Physique doesn't mean you are made of metal and don't fall to the ground ever! Every strong player i know, puyol, drogba, pique, yaya toure and so on, all fall down when they are challenged or tackled, this is an absurd example you are giving to refute his physicality. By physicality, he means he is harder to mark during set pieces (key example, that i am sure u did not forget , is last night's goal vs. barcelona, busquets and Pique could not mark him properly, and using his physicality he was successful to score, despite not having a clear header)

Jumping skills of his are useless? i can't believe i just read that :facepalm: not only is jumping key during corner kicks, it also make sures that long balls from the keeper or defender can be won, and he wins almost all aerial battles in midfield, which either ends up as a pass to one of his teammate, or retention of possession, either ways, jumping is key! and your point is absurd about it not being needed.

LOL at ronaldo not being able to pick a pass... did you see him last night? when he left pique for dead cutting in from the left and passed to benzema instead of taking a shot, or have you missed all his 1-2s with Benz and Ozil? you probably don't even watch Real Madrid games, so why are you making claims out of nowhere, really, it's just misleading and incorrect of you to say he does not pick a pass.

Let me clear your completely flawed and uninformed reasoning by showing you this clip, where you can see Ronaldo's one touch passing are world class despite running top speed:

messi has shown he can do what in the wings? he was moved in center because pep thought he was ineffective in the wings clearly. Ronaldo's dribbling is not even in question, yes messi is better in tight spaces, but that is due to his height because his center of gravity helps him in closes spaces to move around easier and faster.... tall players can't do that as quick... it is known fact.

Another example, just from last night, his dribbling and tricks fools players all the time, pique and alves last night

this is another example of his dribbling brilliance:

and wow, when did pellegrini try ronaldo in the middle? Please, tell us all, why do you love to make up stuff? I am tired of such posters.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:49 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:If i gave my opinion, it would help derail the thread into a ronaldo vs pedro debate.
Classic barca fan boy tactic, when people are comparing him to messi, produce some inflammatory comment about <insert name of average barca squad player here> being better in some way.
There was really no need to bring pedro into it imo

but anyway, my opinion is pedro is pretty much inferior as a player in almost everyway, on the wing or in the midfield area

I agree with this, the pedro comparison was simply irrelevant and wrong by miles...
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:58 am

Kandhar your point of Messi on the wing is wrong. Pep didn't think Messi was ineffective on the wing. He was brilliant though thought he had more potential in the middle of the park.
:facepalm: His tricks and skills fool players all the time. Only saw 1 example where he 'fooled' Alves and Pique. Other than that, he was constantly got beaten by Alves, Pique and Mascherano.
Your examples are crap espeically Dani Alves one. Yes a stepover but he didn't do anything after that. Alves was stopping him from creating any danger. In the end he had to put in a crappy cross. He could have beaten Alves and put in a cross for an open Madrid player but instead got selfish and tried to beat Alves again and the ball ended up hitting Alves. CR7 :facepalm:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 am

The Sanchez wrote:Kandhar your point of Messi on the wing is wrong. Pep didn't think Messi was ineffective on the wing. He was brilliant though thought he had more potential in the middle of the park.
:facepalm: His tricks and skills fool players all the time. Only saw 1 example where he 'fooled' Alves and Pique. Other than that, he was constantly got beaten by Alves, Pique and Mascherano.
Your examples are crap espeically Dani Alves one. Yes a stepover but he didn't do anything after that. Alves was stopping him from creating any danger. In the end he had to put in a crappy cross. He could have beaten Alves and put in a cross for an open Madrid player but instead got selfish and tried to beat Alves again and the ball ended up hitting Alves. CR7 :facepalm:

Yes messi is good in the wings, but there is a reason he was moved to the middle because there is very little he could do from the wings.

And you can analyze those videos are just some of the MANY examples of Ronaldo is the best winger in the world

Watch and Learn, maybe you just started watching Football, but Ronaldo is simply amazing on the wings and his dribbling is world class...

and you know what, it is impossible to show fan boys a light, Madrid is bigger than any person or player to me, but i am simply stating facts, messi is better dribbler, but ronaldo is more complete, and his dribbling and speed (as shown by all those examples in my last two posts) is world class, which you deny of existing, ignorance is a very bad quality... and therefore i am not going to reply to fan boys unless they are ready to be unbiased and start telling the truth.. i mean ffs... some of you posters are comparing pedro to ronaldo, how embarrassing... to be honest... so ya, one more ignorant and biased post, and i won't even reply to you
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:49 am

Real Kandahar wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:Kandhar your point of Messi on the wing is wrong. Pep didn't think Messi was ineffective on the wing. He was brilliant though thought he had more potential in the middle of the park.

Yes messi is good in the wings, but there is a reason he was moved to the middle because there is very little he could do from the wings.

And you can analyze those videos are just some of the MANY examples of Ronaldo is the best winger in the world

Watch and Learn, maybe you just started watching Football, but Ronaldo is simply amazing on the wings and his dribbling is world class...

and you know what, it is impossible to show fan boys a light, Madrid is bigger than any person or player to me, but i am simply stating facts, messi is better dribbler, but ronaldo is more complete, and his dribbling and speed (as shown by all those examples in my last two posts) is world class, which you deny of existing, ignorance is a very bad quality... and therefore i am not going to reply to fan boys unless they are ready to be unbiased and start telling the truth.. i mean ffs... some of you posters are comparing pedro to ronaldo, how embarrassing... to be honest... so ya, one more ignorant and biased post, and i won't even reply to you

Im not saying he isn't the best on the wing. LOL. I don't think you read either. We are not comparing Pedro to Ronaldo. LOL. We are just saying he would be more suited to CF role than Ronaldo because of the way he flopped when Peg was coach. His dribbling has not been the best. Definately not the strandards of his days in Man United... Im not denying anything. Your examples just don't prove that...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:07 am

The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:

Im not saying he isn't the best on the wing. LOL. I don't think you read either. We are not comparing Pedro to Ronaldo. LOL. We are just saying he would be more suited to CF role than Ronaldo because of the way he flopped when Peg was coach. His dribbling has not been the best. Definately not the strandards of his days in Man United... Im not denying anything. Your examples just don't prove that...

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 4 Smiley-laughing021

He flopped in his first year at Madrid? Oh lord....................
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:09 am

izzy wrote:
The Sanchez wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:

Ronaldo vs Messi - Page 4 Smiley-laughing021

He flopped in his first year at Madrid? Oh lord....................

You can see where this is going, can't you... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:14 am

I would just like to know how Ronaldo flopped in his first year in Madrid.
A simple explanation would suffice.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:16 am

izzy wrote:I would just like to know how Ronaldo flopped in his first year in Madrid.
A simple explanation would suffice.

I think I can cut out the we. I didn't see Madrid much in 08 til 11. Others who have claimed this will...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next