Sri
Amar
urbaNRoots
TalkingReckless
Jay29
33 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus

Post by the xcx Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:35 pm

I feel ya Lex. Whats done is done. Im sure Giroud will start being productive again. Matter of time and form.

the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus - Page 3 Empty Re: Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus

Post by juventus101 Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:16 pm

Podolski clearly just hasnt adjusted yet. Giroud shiuldve buried that chance, but give that chance to him again a month ortwo from now and its almost a guaranteed goal. Podolski and Grioud both had excellent positioning though. Cazorla on the other hand is used to playing in position style teams, such as Spain and Villareal and im not sure if Malaga was possession style too, but i think that helped him fit in so well. Good that between Arteta and Cazorla though it looks as if youve replaced Nasri and Fabregas beautifully. And Podolski will make you guys not miss RVP, just wait and see.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 pm

Pass Accuracy from @EPLIndex's Top stats today for players who attempted over 50 passes.
Arsenal 0 - 0 Sunderland: New look Arsenal attack struggles with Sunderland bus - Page 3 640068329
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by djoe26 Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:01 am

I am happy with draw tbh. We lost our 2 best players and we've got new players who needs time to settle. It'll only get better with time plus we might get Sahin so everything will be fine.

djoe26
djoe26
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:44 am

Arteta and Allen in top 5 passing stats already Razz
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:06 am

Lex wrote:How about we actually give these guys a break? It's the first f*cking game of the season :facepalm:

It took Henry 8 games to score his first goal for Arsenal

THANK you. Christ, people are giving up hope on our season and new signings after 90 minutes of play when no one in our squad is fit and we always draw our first match.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:36 am

MJGunner wrote:
Lex wrote:How about we actually give these guys a break? It's the first f*cking game of the season :facepalm:

THANK you. Christ, people are giving up hope on our season and new signings after 90 minutes of play when no one in our squad is fit and we always draw our first match.

I am not unhappy with any player's performance. But I want us to buck the trend and start off on a winning note for a change. The last time we started with a draw, we had the worst league start in 50 odd years. (This is another example of how numbers and statistics can be twisted and manipulated :coffee: )

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:00 am

srigooner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:

I am not unhappy with any player's performance. But I want us to buck the trend and start off on a winning note for a change. The last time we started with a draw, we had the worst league start in 50 odd years. (This is another example of how numbers and statistics can be twisted and manipulated :coffee: )

Arsenal began the 1997-1998 season with a draw and went on to win the double. :coffee:

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics." -Mark Twain
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:43 am

Cazorla was siiiicckkkk...

I'm scared of him honestly. At the same time as wanting Arsenal not to do well, I do want to see Cazorla do some great things with Arsenal, because he can.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:47 am

I'd like to make a note. Maybe not necessarily on this forum as I haven't read all the posts in this thread in depth but not many (on twitter and fb) praised Gervinho's work ethic today. He saved us from a fast break by going back and saving Gibbs' ass. He was brilliant today, full of confidence and running tirelessly. He'll create and score if he keeps it up.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:48 am

CBarca wrote:Cazorla was siiiicckkkk...

I'm scared of him honestly. At the same time as wanting Arsenal not to do well, I do want to see Cazorla do some great things with Arsenal, because he can.

You know you've got a good player when a Spud wants to see him do well Laughing
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:51 am

Cazorla!! :bow: seriously! great signing!

and i also think he should be taking free kicks and not podolski

Podolski is used to drifting in from the wide, today he was a striker, but since walcott played narrow and gervinho kept cutting in, he didn't really know his role very well..

could have been a win... but it's ok, it's only the first match!

Also, why did arteta play DM? he is more of cm ...
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:16 am

MJGunner wrote:

Ahh but I'm not a true Spurs fan. I'll always admit that, I like them a lot though. But I've always had a soft spot for Cazorla, I just never really fapped over him like Dnmac. But yeah you guys have a very good player on your hands.

Too bad your offense looked out of sync Laughing

Nah but Arsenal have a good squad, a couple more signings and you guys will look fantastic, but for some reason I doubt you'll get more signings.

Anyway you guys shouldn't care about a draw the first week, sure you'd like a win but it's the first week, people are still gelling and getting match fit. Hell Tottenham lost and I'm not worried at all.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:30 am

I think we'll definitely get Sahin on loan to cover for Wilshere and to add depth after losing Song. Maybe a DM and or striker. But I'm much more confident of signing Sahin. It's only the first game and we had 3 new signings playing and were missing 2 of our biggest players from last year so we can only improve.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:44 am

srigooner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:

Yeah, I mean I wasn't going by this performance. Even if Giroud or anyone else had scored I would have said the same thing. The other teams that are the favorites for a title have incredible depth at striker where as we only really have one. Im just saying I think it would be better if we didn't put our eggs in one basket if our competitors aren't.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:57 am

MJGunner wrote:I'd like to make a note. Maybe not necessarily on this forum as I haven't read all the posts in this thread in depth but not many (on twitter and fb) praised Gervinho's work ethic today. He saved us from a fast break by going back and saving Gibbs' ass. He was brilliant today, full of confidence and running tirelessly. He'll create and score if he keeps it up.
He'll have to improve his final ball, though! It won't matter if he runs is ass off every time, but doesn't create chances or score goals.

I like how he can take defenders to the by-line and cut it back inside the box, though. I'd like to see two midfielders join the box to help out the CF when Gerv does this. So that he can juz have more options in the box to aim at.

Matter of fact, this has quite for a while now been a problem for me. On most occasions when someone on the wings has the ball to cross there's only the CF in the box. At least 2 midfielders should join him. And the guy on the other wing should be at the far post.

We can get far more plenty chances, and hopefully goals, if we do this.
Anyone else also spotted this problem before?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:02 pm

CBarca wrote:
MJGunner wrote:

Ahh but I'm not a true Spurs fan. I'll always admit that, I like them a lot though. But I've always had a soft spot for Cazorla, I just never really fapped over him like Dnmac. But yeah you guys have a very good player on your hands.

Too bad your offense looked out of sync Laughing

Nah but Arsenal have a good squad, a couple more signings and you guys will look fantastic, but for some reason I doubt you'll get more signings.

Anyway you guys shouldn't care about a draw the first week, sure you'd like a win but it's the first week, people are still gelling and getting match fit. Hell Tottenham lost and I'm not worried at all.

You should be, though.
That team looks like total shit. Smile Smile
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:45 pm

El_Gunner wrote:
MJGunner wrote:I'd like to make a note. Maybe not necessarily on this forum as I haven't read all the posts in this thread in depth but not many (on twitter and fb) praised Gervinho's work ethic today. He saved us from a fast break by going back and saving Gibbs' ass. He was brilliant today, full of confidence and running tirelessly. He'll create and score if he keeps it up.
He'll have to improve his final ball, though! It won't matter if he runs is ass off every time, but doesn't create chances or score goals.

I like how he can take defenders to the by-line and cut it back inside the box, though. I'd like to see two midfielders join the box to help out the CF when Gerv does this. So that he can juz have more options in the box to aim at.

Matter of fact, this has quite for a while now been a problem for me. On most occasions when someone on the wings has the ball to cross there's only the CF in the box. At least 2 midfielders should join him. And the guy on the other wing should be at the far post.

We can get far more plenty chances, and hopefully goals, if we do this.
Anyone else also spotted this problem before?

That could work in theory but by having too many players in the box we would be murdered on the counters. If he had a player like M'villa or Capoue sitting back, your suggestion could be implied to our game style.

But only if we're trailing or desperate for goals. I hate getting countered, feeling so powerless against an inferior team.

About that far post thing. Imagine having Gervinho or Walcott there.
With their aerial prowess, high crosses would be unreasonable.

But by having someone there and actually occupying some space we would draw out a defender, making their centre exposed which Giroud and Chamakh(ehh) could exploit.

In the end, it's all down to Wenger's and Bould's judgement.
I think they're experienced enough to know what's best for our team. Thumbs up
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by aleumdance Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Guys, sorry for late comment but.

that Game is proof that Arteta + Diaby won't work.

1) Diaby thinks he is Zidane

2) when Arteta covers, Diaby looked lost as hell and remained stagnant

3) Diaby can't deleiver a through ball like song to stay relevant

Coquelin should have played
aleumdance
aleumdance
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:37 pm

It's not as though Diaby and Arteta have a wealth of experience playing together. I would not condemn the partnership.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:42 pm

diaby is just a useless player im sorry, he should be sold FAST
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:35 am

How is he useless ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:08 am

REWB wrote:diaby is just a useless player im sorry, he should be sold FAST

Wow :facepalm:

First full PL game in years and he's actually good.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:13 am

RealGunner wrote:How is he useless ?

LOL!!

Attention all Diaby-haters: His ardent supporter is our Admin. Beware, unless you want to face the wrath of RG Wink

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:39 am

Diaby is shat, wouldn't even make our 3rd string etc etc.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:42 am

Reported for Blasphemy
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next