If Chelsea actually played against Bayern/Barca?

+3
VendettaRed07
Kick
juventus101
7 posters

Go down

If Chelsea actually played against Bayern/Barca? Empty If Chelsea actually played against Bayern/Barca?

Post by juventus101 Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:21 am

If Chelsea actually played against Bayern and Barca, instead of parking the bus like that, what do you think the scores wouldve been? They can play counterattacking football, thats fine, just not parking the bus.

And as a side question, do you think Chelsea could actually keep up with these two withiut parking the bus now that theyve strenghtened?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

If Chelsea actually played against Bayern/Barca? Empty Re: If Chelsea actually played against Bayern/Barca?

Post by Kick Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:54 am

What kind of a question is this?

We would lose to Barca obviously. Bayern we could give a run for their money but I doubt we would win.

We are too young to keep up with any major clubs at present.

We played the way we did to get the win, which we did. I was a smart move from us. If we play either again I doubt we will go out and attack them, even now.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

If Chelsea actually played against Bayern/Barca? Empty Re: If Chelsea actually played against Bayern/Barca?

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:55 am

Even though they are strengthened in a sense, they wouldn't be able to park the bus and be as effective now as they were last season. They made no real improvements on their defense, only made their midfield softer, less defensive, yet 10000 times more creative

And they lost Drogba, who WAS Chelsea's offense and huge on defense as well against both teams. Torres doesn't have the ability to create something out of nothing like Drogba was able to with pure shear determination and strength.

They'd have no shot to win against them now even if they parked and if they played the way they did against wigan and reading they'd concede a crazy amount of goals.

Hazard is absolutely incredible though. They are in rebuild mode, and if they build around him they will be able to go up against anyone in a few years imo
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:29 am

lose lose Smile
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:30 am

I'm sorry, didn't we play?
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:42 am

I didnt mean this as an insult to anyone. What i meant was, if Chelsea came out to play the way they do against regular big teams, such as United, City, Napoli as they did last year, would they still have had a chance against Barca and Bayern, who Chelsea had to resort to parking the bus against instead of actually coming out to play.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:09 am

Nothing in our case we *bleep* up too many chances its not even funny
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lszanto Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:51 am

We would probably lose both. Our new signings haven't settled in yet and players like Terry/Mikel excel when we are defending from deep. When not sitting back we are not anywhere near as good defensively. I think we might be able to score against Bayern/Barca but I believe we would get outscored.
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down