Gil
BeautifulGame
Raptorgunner
Onyx
Casciavit
48 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Official Modric joins Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Modric joins Real Madrid

Post by McAgger Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 pm

Say goodbye to Sahin hmm

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Official Modric joins Real Madrid - Page 3 Empty Re: Official Modric joins Real Madrid

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:46 pm

Modrić is not good as an attacking midfielder. He is too passive to play there. The guy never scores and never assists. Think of him as a poor man's Xavi. He likes to get the ball from deep and spread the ball. He has composure, control and passing skills but no final ball or shooting - he is a CM.

Özil on the wing? I think not. He is best utilised behind the striker. Besides, Madrid have two very good players on the wing in dí Maria and Cristiano.

Simply put, this is not an Alonso replacement. Modrić is different to all the players Madrid have. He is what Madrid needed against Bayern or Barcelona - someone who can keep possession and is comfortable being passed to in tight situations.

Something like this looks more likely, but Mourinho is so conservative you wonder if he is going to risk play a team with no physical presence down the middle.

Official Modric joins Real Madrid - Page 3 503213_Real_Madrid_C_F_
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:31 pm

danyjr wrote:Modrić is not good as an attacking midfielder. He is too passive to play there. The guy never scores and never assists. Think of him as a poor man's Xavi. He likes to get the ball from deep and spread the ball. He has composure, control and passing skills but no final ball or shooting - he is a CM.

Özil on the wing? I think not. He is best utilised behind the striker. Besides, Madrid have two very good players on the wing in dí Maria and Cristiano.

Simply put, this is not an Alonso replacement. Modrić is different to all the players Madrid have. He is what Madrid needed against Bayern or Barcelona - someone who can keep possession and is comfortable being passed to in tight situations.

Something like this looks more likely, but Mourinho is so conservative you wonder if he is going to risk play a team with no physical presence down the middle.

LMFAO

Modric had 96 key passes in the Premier League last season, only behind Silva and Mata who play in a more advanced role.

He is very much a creative player, he became widely popular playing as an AM, just because he has found success as a CM for Spurs doesn't mean he can't still play as an AM as well.

Just look at the Croatia vs Spain game during the Euro's as an example.

Modric played a very advanced role behind Mandzukic and still managed to be one of the best players on the pitch.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:39 pm

From the same team that brought you the 30M LB sub we now have the 40M CM sub. Official Modric joins Real Madrid - Page 3 Trolldolski
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Key passes? How many assist he's had in the past three seasons? I tell you how many: 10.

GG Laughing
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:47 pm

33m plus add ons. LOL maybe not 40m though it could easily add up to 40m if not higher. Laughing
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:49 pm

Crimson wrote:
danyjr wrote:Modrić is not good as an attacking midfielder. He is too passive to play there. The guy never scores and never assists. Think of him as a poor man's Xavi. He likes to get the ball from deep and spread the ball. He has composure, control and passing skills but no final ball or shooting - he is a CM.

LMFAO

Modric had 96 key passes in the Premier League last season, only behind Silva and Mata who play in a more advanced role.

He is very much a creative player, he became widely popular playing as an AM, just because he has found success as a CM for Spurs doesn't mean he can't still play as an AM as well.

Just look at the Croatia vs Spain game during the Euro's as an example.

Modric played a very advanced role behind Mandzukic and still managed to be one of the best players on the pitch.
Did you watch his games last season or are you just one of those who looks at stats or youtube..
Don't get me wrong he's a good player but lol.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:52 pm

It's not all about assists or goals imo. Also Modric is capable of playing AM.

Anyway:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Wow, Contreao + modric for so much ...

good luck to him
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:55 pm

they both worth the money

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:46 am

Ninis wrote:they both worth the money

well , to pay 35m for a an RB when you already have one of the best of the league is too much

and let's see where is modric going to play even tough his arrival make some sense ( if you forget Sahin)
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:48 am

Ninis wrote:they both worth the money
Laughing
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:06 am

70 million for a couple of benchwarmers. WOW!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:09 am

kiranr wrote:
70 million for a couple of benchwarmers. WOW!

Don't be jelly cus your club is poor Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:14 am

Why are other fans stressing over how much we paid???
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:24 am

Now Modric doesn't have final bal Laughing
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Why are other fans stressing over how much we paid???
We?what?
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:57 am

Well, Madrid did not need the likes of Modric and Coentrao to compete for all trophies. My previous comment was in regard to this point. Spending all this money on back-ups is not intelligent and neither is the we have it, hence we can spend it argument.

Modric is not very smart in his choice either. He will have to sit on the bench for majority of the season because, let's face it, Mourinho is not going to bench Alonso or Khedira.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:22 am

Ganso wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Why are other fans stressing over how much we paid???
We?what?

Ganso you've been long enough in this community, you should know this by now. I've been a Madrid fan even before I started supporting Pool in 2001. Thumbs up
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:03 am

This is what Guillem Balague said on Twitter:

at 10, I will be on Sky Sports News with more details of the Modric deal. As usual, Madrid paid more than they expected. Spurs add another club to their partnership deals with clubs around the world. I am convinced Daniel Levy is one the cleverest guys in football about partnership: Spurs have been looking 4 a while for a club in Spain to link themselves to commercially but mostly for football reasons Spurs will get 37 millions euros (some of it in variables), 29.3m sterling. Defeat vs. Getafe rushed things in a deal that was almost done

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:10 am

Defeat vs. Getafe rushed things in a deal that was almost done
Laughing

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:27 am

i will not rush to belittle the transfer. yes, the fee seems a little high but in today's marketit can be considered fair. now as regards his position in te starting 11, i'm curious on whether alonso can anchor alone without khedira
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:38 am

ok hmm I know some people(Madrid fans precisely) would think I'm weird for saying this, but think about this, how exactly do you sign a player for 42million who wouldn't improve your first team but rather your bench, this is unbelievable. My worth in football world is probably less than 50cent(not the rapper Very Happy, cum on dude' did you actually thought I was referring to 50cent, seriously?)Now I've forgotten what I was going to say, nevertheless are Madrid making a mistake...?

Kaka.

and yeah, when I said "cum on", I didn't mean it in a bad way, I meant it as in "come on", perhaps I should have just spent it the right way, (yean I know it's spelt).

Moral of the story, Madrid are rich'' so they did signed a bench player for 42million just because they can, it's comparable to me writing whatever I like just because I can, this similitude might probably make sense to some and to other it might not.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:54 am

What amuses me about this perplexing deal is why pay an absurd amount of money (for a player who is worth nowhere near as much) for an overrated big game flop when you had Nuri Sahin who is twice the player he is? Don't give me the crap about he wasn't good enough or "Mou knows best" because both clearly aren't the case. Everyone on this forum aside from oh so conveniently Madrid fans agree with my thoughts on Modric as it comes to show the hilarity behind this deal. Groomed to replace Xabi? Modric will never be half the player Xabi is.

What he will do is give a good sense of opening spaces (in midfield only) against small to mid-table clubs but thats about where it ends.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:54 am

Modric is good at certain things Alonso isn't good at. The money isn't really absurd imo. 30m is alright.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:18 pm

It's Madrid people. we have a 40 million CF who is rotating with higs. a 30 Million LB who is Rotating with Marcelo. hell a 60 million bench warmer who we pay 10 million a year.

so paying 40 million for a CM ( the position we needed a creative and agile player badly ) who can actually improve our play isn't a big deal.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next