Hoped for the best but got the worst.

2 posters

Go down

Hoped for the best but got the worst. Empty Hoped for the best but got the worst.

Post by Casciavit Wed 29 Aug - 20:52:26

May 6th it was Milan vs Inter the local derby the situation's was that a win for Milan would keep them in the scudetto race with juventus to the last match day a loss or draw would mean Milan would finish 2nd and Juventus would win the scudetto. A win for inter would keep them in the hunt for 3rd place. the match ended 4-2 and the losing team was.

Milan. Lost not only the match but the scudetto but the real disappointment was the summer to follow. A week or 2 before the match The Senatores the old guards announced they would no longer continue playing with Milan those include Inzaghi, Nesta, Seedorf, Zambrotta, Gattuso, and Van Bommel.

AC Milan vs. Novara the final match for the 2011-2012 seaon. Milan already lost the scudetto so they gave the senatores and the players that were leaving to start against Novara. It was 1-1 but in the 82 min Inzaghi scored his expertly controlling the ball with his chest and then perfectly placing it in the net. Inzaghi had a tear in his eye but so did I.

The Match finished the Senatores said goodbye with tears many of us fans were to crying and they will be forever remembered in our hearts.

In the early days of the transfer window some of us Milan fans were happy we secured the signing of Montolivo. And we freed many wages so we could bring in a player for defence and midfield a lot of us said Dede, Ogbonna, M'Biwa for Defence and for Midfield we said Strootman, veratti and others. We were excited for now..

During the euros there was wide spread talk that Paris St Germain want Thiago Silva. Galliani and Allegri both said that they would stay. Until Berlusconi said the milan have a lot of debt and they need to get rid of it so they can play under the ffp rules. June 12 psg tabled a 46 million bid for Thiago Silva It was an offer they couldn't reject. The deal was all but finalized until Berlusconi pulled the plug on the deal and said no.

Berlusconi was labeled as a hero by the management the board the players and the fans, for now it seemed. After blocking the silva deal Milan just used 4 million on transfers buying the likes of Gabriel montolivo traore and acerbi. Milan didn’t have the money to buy any decent players because of blocking that move.

July 10 almost a month later Psg re ignited their interest for Silva but not only Silva also Ibrahimovic yes Psg were in for a 68 million swoop for the two star players. Milan fans were worried but to make them even more worried. Galliani said that they could be sold. July 12 Ibra and Silva were both sold to Psg for 65 million Berlusconi said we would save over 150 million over those 2 combined players.

Milan fans were devastated and angry. I myself was disappointed but like many i thought that some of the money would go to buying better players. Days after Milan were being linked to M'Biwa and Witsel. I was happy maybe that money would be spent after all

It was time for preseason friendlies we started off with the Tim cup we finished last no points. Then we versed against Schalke a couple weeks later we won 1-0 an excellent morale win for what’s happened over the summer then we versed champions league winners Chelsea and won 1-0 it felt like a new Milan a faster Milan a better to watch Milan. Our president said Milan could still compete but no else thought the same.

It was a time for our friendly against real madrid we signed zapata that day a decent signing for defence but we were far from satisfied. Later that day it was Milan vs. Madrid we lost 5-0 it showed our defensive weaknesses and Galliani was far from happy claiming ''how do you change the entire squad against Madrid I don’t care how good Madrid’s bench is.''

Many reports were claiming Allegri and Galliani have a strained relationship over those words but it was over after galliani wished allegri a happy birthday. There were rumors that Milan would go after Kaka to make the fans happy and Gallaini talked to Perez about it. Kaka couldn't come because Milan and Madrid could not agree on a fee and kakas salary and tax would make it hard for Milan to pay.

Milan also wanted M'Biwa but the Montpelier chairman Nicolan said no. But he still remains a target along with kaka to this day.

With the new milan there were changes in numbers. Boateng was given number 10 pato number 9 and nocerino number 8 thats how the new milan was shaping out to be. Younger players were giving greater responsibilities.

On August 21st Cassano to leave because Galliani broke promises. Cassano our only creative forward was swapped with a poacher from inter Pazzini. I was far from happy with this deal. But after Casssano's comments towards Milan I could care less that he left.

It was Aug 26 Milan vs. Sampdoria The first match of the season many thought that the new Milan should comfortably defeat a team that got promoted this season but they didn’t they lost 1-0 they had a lot of ball and chances but they couldn't convert there was a lot of panic from the fans.

August 28 Milan bought Bojan and M'Baye Niang both young attackers. After those 2 signings Galliani claimed that the market has been closed for Milan on August 29th. But He's been saying that for the past 5 years, but he’s always end up buying someone in the last 2 days of transfer market. I expect 2 decent buys on the last day of the transfer window.

Is this one of the worst summers? Yes we all hoped for the best but we got the worst but that might change with these last couple days will we get a present from Berlusconi and co. who knows? But I hope we do. thanks for reading this long post.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Hoped for the best but got the worst. Empty Re: Hoped for the best but got the worst.

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Thu 30 Aug - 12:24:07

When TS got sold i will admit to being physically devastated and i haven't felt the same about Milan since then.

The club feels alien to me, as does the team itself, apart from the few that survived the purge.
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down