Arquitecto
LeBéninois
Onyx
the xcx
Zealous
white_star
12 posters

Go down

Capella hoped Ronaldo injury would be more serious Empty Capella hoped Ronaldo injury would be more serious

Post by white_star Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:30 pm

I can't believe a coach would say something like that. Wishing A player a longer injury so his team could have an advantage. This is just stupid and I never like Capella I think he is vastly overrated bu that's my opinion. What do you guys think about his comments?

Russia coach Fabio Capello admitted he had hoped the injury to Portugal captain Cristiano Ronaldo would be more serious and that he would miss Friday's World Cup Group F qualifier in Moscow.

"Honestly speaking, I was hoping that Ronaldo's injury would be more serious," Capello told a news conference on Thursday.

"Of course if he didn't play, then it would be much easier for us to defend."

The Real Madrid forward hurt his left shoulder attempting an overhead kick in Sunday's Spanish league match against arch-rivals Barcelona.

A medical examination revealed Ronaldo's injury was not serious and he is expected to start against Russia on Luzhniki Stadium's artificial turf on Friday.

"Portugal are a top-notch team and tonight, once again, we'll go over the tactical schemes on how to play them," said Italian Capello, who replaced Dick Advocaat following Russia's poor showing at Euro 2012.

"As for Ronaldo, it's always very difficult to stop him," added the former England manager, who also had two coaching spells with Real Madrid.

"Every team tries but it's not so easy. We're going to try to play to the best of our ability in order to neutralise his strengths."

The Russians have made a flying start in their World Cup qualifying campaign under Capello, winning both matches so far, like the Portuguese. On Tuesday, Russia host Azerbaijan while Portugal face Northern Ireland.

Reuters - 10/11/12 8:09 AM
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Capella hoped Ronaldo injury would be more serious Empty Re: Capella hoped Ronaldo injury would be more serious

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Sounds more like a compliment to me. If a bit heavy handed lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Capella hoped Ronaldo injury would be more serious Empty Re: Capella hoped Ronaldo injury would be more serious

Post by the xcx Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:21 pm

I understand his frustration but he was stupid to come public with this.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Yeh, sounds like he's praising Ronaldo.

Easier for Russia.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Yeah i also think he was praising him
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:41 pm

His name is Capello. Not Capella.

And the interview quotes were taken humorously as Fabio was laughing when he said it. He tends to have a morbid sense of humour.

Whether you believe him to be overrated or not this doesn't stop him from being one of the best managers of all time.

And "deserved" Ballor D'Or winner Ronaldo has been completely marked out Anyukov so far. This is what happens when Ronaldo for Portugal faces a decent defence and not Faroe Islands or Armenia as he usually scores against.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:44 pm

It does not work that way Arq lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Zealous wrote:It does not work that way Arq lol

Ah...I'm learning. I'm learning. Very Happy
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:48 pm

After the match:

Paulo Bento: Hoped Ronaldo's injury would be more serious.

Capella hoped Ronaldo injury would be more serious Lucast10
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

My real time update is littered with "Cronaldo gets the ball, but blasts it miles high" Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Zealous wrote:It does not work that way Arq lol

Ah...I'm learning. I'm learning. Very Happy

Razz
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:59 pm

FT 1-0 Russia-Portugal.

Russia looked a little shaky but a wonderful tactical set-up by "Capella" with a 4-3-3 to thwart out Portugal.

Shirokov, Anyukov, and Kershakov their best players. (Kovs :bow: )

Alves had to save Pepe from his poor positioning all night as Veloso had to be Portugal's best player.

Capello post-match: "I'm just overjoyed that Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't injured for this match"

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:17 pm

If you were the opposing team's coach, would your honest opinion not be that you're more glad than sad if their best player misses the match through injury? Honesty is a virtue although you might not always like what you hear.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:32 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Capello post-match: "I'm just overjoyed that Cristiano Ronaldo wasn't injured for this match"
rofl
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Arquitecto wrote:His name is Capello. Not Capella.

And the interview quotes were taken humorously as Fabio was laughing when he said it. He tends to have a morbid sense of humour.

Whether you believe him to be overrated or not this doesn't stop him from being one of the best managers of all time.

And "deserved" Ballor D'Or winner Ronaldo has been completely marked out Anyukov so far. This is what happens when Ronaldo for Portugal faces a decent defence and not Faroe Islands or Armenia as he usually scores against.

Sorry for the typo I was on my phone.

Remember it was my opinion I could be completely wrong and bias so just because I said he is overrated does not mean he is.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:23 pm

white_star wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:His name is Capello. Not Capella.

Sorry for the typo I was on my phone.

Remember it was my opinion I could be completely wrong and bias so just because I said he is overrated does not mean he is.

LOL Sorry about that as I can understand about the phone typos. I thought you were another poster I usually joust with which is why I was harsh. apologies

That being said, Capella :bow:

Last edited by Arquitecto on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:45 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Arquitecto wrote:
rofl

rofl

Arq :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 pm

What did you expect from him when he just came from an injury ? He may even have played injured.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down