Ganso
Abramovich
Die Borussen
Arquitecto
M99
30 posters

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by Firenze Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:10 pm

lawd

Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 32 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by Firenze Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

dem ricochet shots using ocelot :bow:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Firenze wrote:

lawd

:bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:05 pm

Has RG still not finished with this game? rofl
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:09 pm

He never will be, he wasn't kidding around when he said to me i'm going to be like you are with Witcher lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:49 pm

Yea Laughing

Spending ALL day on side ops and recruiting A++ soldiers Laughing

And going back through the main mission to do all mission tasks and get S rank
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:44 pm

Eventhough I hate this pos

Revolver GOACelot :bow:

https://i.imgur.com/BKZdH6g.webm

Also so true ffs

https://i.imgflip.com/r74ot.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:06 pm

Discussion: Is Ocelot a hero or villain in the MGS series?

This can legit be was Brutus a villain or hero in Julius Caesar level discussion. Most people I have seen regard Ocelot as an anti hero and second to Solid Snake on heroism.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:12 pm

obviously I haven't been exposed to his character to formulate in depth opinions but from what I've seen and read he doesn't seem to be a traditional villain, an antagonist to the hero (Solid) yeah, but not a villain. Despite all of his flip-flopping loyalties apparently was always loyal to Big Boss. I'd lean more towards anti-hero than villain.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:Eventhough I hate this pos

Revolver GOACelot :bow:

https://i.imgur.com/BKZdH6g.webm

I hope you can also play as Kazuhira "Mother Base for the master race" Miller.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:34 am

M99 wrote:Discussion: Is Ocelot a hero or villain in the MGS series?

This can legit be was Brutus a villain or hero in Julius Caesar level discussion. Most people I have seen regard Ocelot as an anti hero and second to Solid Snake on heroism.

He was a good guy who had to do what he did for the greater good, he couldn't risk his cover by not following orders. It's a fairly long stretch to label him 'all good', he's done his fair share of bad stuff. But if you think back to MGS3 (spoilers) he's actually ADAM sent by the CIA to help Big Boss. If you notice, there are several circumstances where Ocelot could easily kill Snake but doesn't. He was playing Volgin and his gang (like a certain instrument) in order to get the legacy and ensure Big Boss completed operation Snake Eater. Sure, he late works for the Patriots (as welll as doing nasty stuff), but that was all to destroy the Patriots from inside out. Ocelot is one of Big Boss's most treasured allies and companion and that makes him good imo
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:00 am

Yeah, completely agreed. I count him as an antihero. His main goal was to destroy the AI which basically equates to saving the world. To accomplish that goal, he did a lot of evil stuff like torturing Meryl, killing Olga's father, unleashing Liquid to the world again etc but to make an omelet you have to break a few eggs. Ocelot basically sacrificed his life at the end to bring down the Patriots AI. He willingly let another man's personality take over his own just so he could fool the Patriots and destroy them. There was no way he was getting out of there alive and he knew it. Just like his mother, Ocelot sacrificed his life at the end to complete his mission.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:59 pm

I don't agree he was an anti-hero. He did have good intentions, but his methods and means were always villainous and he couldn't care less how he got things done as long as he had what he wanted. Even if it meant killing thousands. That's vastly different to The Boss. The Boss rarely ever went down the wrong path. She would not sacrifice someone innocent to achieve her mission. Torturing Big Boss was one of the most difficult thing she ever did and that was only so Big Boss could do what he had to and what she wanted.

He always respected Big Boss though. Saw him as a friendly rival. But he was mostly if not always a villain against Solid.

This scene ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:08 pm

Saying that, the good thing about MGS series is that there are no heroes or villains. There are just patriots and soldiers. Not even Solid Snake was the ultimate good guy (despite what I've said before).

I can obviously understand why people wouldn't think Ocelot was a villain. Same as why people thing Big Boss was a good guy and Solid was wrong to defeat him at outer heaven Laughing

just stumbled upon this scene ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:10 pm

Fan fiction Molenation
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:31 pm

All canon :coffee:

MGS4 OST was so so good ffs

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:45 pm

Btw do you know what Kojima wanted as the end of MGS4 lol?

He wanted both Solid and Otacon to be tried as terrorists and shot down. His whole developmental team and Konami straight told him to gtfo Laughing First time ever I am glad they all told Kojima to pls go

Imagine that ending. I would have committed suicide.

That's why he picked this song as the credit song as well. If you read the meaning behind the song

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here%27s_to_You_(song)

Kojima really wanted that disgusting ending ffs.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:50 pm

RealGunner wrote:Btw do you know what Kojima wanted as the end of MGS4 lol?

He wanted both Solid and Otacon to be tried as terrorists and shot down. His whole developmental team and Konami straight told him to gtfo Laughing First time ever I am glad they all told Kojima to pls go

Imagine that ending. I would have committed suicide.

That's why he picked this song as the credit song as well. If you read the meaning behind the song

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here%27s_to_You_(song)

Kojima really wanted that disgusting ending ffs.

Are you serious lmao

People would destroy him, there will be riots.

Kinda reminds of the whole PW fiasco when it was titled MGS5, the community went into meltdown lmao (until he was forced to change it)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:13 pm

That would have been the ultimate kojima ending though Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:14 pm

rofl
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:57 pm

Just saw that lool.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:12 pm

AI Pod

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:15 pm

RealGunner wrote:AI Pod

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:AI Pod

Spoiler:

there's a 10 minute long cassette related to that later you can find, don't remember if it was a random one I picked up but ffs, genuinely sad and strangelove is a nothing character to me
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:48 pm

what mission you on now

pls finish

haven't played for a week or so myself and I want to get to over 50% trophies in this or I'll feel dirty tbh, need to fire it up over the weekend before my life disappears into a mist of coins, packs and team building
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 40 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next