Kiefer Sutherland Playing Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V

2 posters

Go down

Kiefer Sutherland Playing Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V Empty Kiefer Sutherland Playing Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V

Post by Arquitecto Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:15 am

In its pre-E3 conference today, Konami revealed that Kiefer Sutherland will play Snake in Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

"I wanted Snake to have a more subdued performance expressed through subtle facial movements and tone of voice rather than words," Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima said. "Furthermore, the game takes place in 1984 when Snake is 49 years old. Therefore, we needed someone who could genuinely convey both the facial and vocal qualities of a man in his late 40s. It's different from anything we've done before."

"It's an honor to be able to play this character," Sutherland said. "This character has an unbelievable legacy. There's a real personal quality to the character that I've connected to. I'm not a gamer, and I even knew about this game. I was certainly keenly aware of the legacy of these games, the unbelievable success of these games."

Sutherland, of course, is best known as the star of 24, and most recently the short-lived Fox series Touch. He replaces long-time Snake voice actor David Hayter, who was revealed to not be reprising his role at the Game Developer's Conference in March.

Metal Gear Solid V will combine prologue Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes with The Phantom Pain, but exactly how its release structure will work has still not been announced.

Before I start, I still express disappointment that David Hayter is NOT playing Snake. But unlike Splinter Cell changing the voice of Micheal Ironside. This DOES make sense.

-Big Boss was played differently another voice actor in MGS4.
-David Hayter was Big Boss in MGS3 yet Old Snake's voice (played also by Hayter) will pretty much take any identity away from Big Boss

If it was anyone else whom I did not have a club about, I would have been quite angry.

But Kiefer Sutherland is not only an excellent actor but a world class voice actor. Reason behind is Kojima-San wanted someone who can convey the specified expressions on a high-tech motion capture for Big Boss. And that makes nothing but sense since KS is the master of that.

So so so so so excited by this and a preview of how Sutherland will take on Big Boss.

Wonderful move by Konami
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Kiefer Sutherland Playing Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V Empty Re: Kiefer Sutherland Playing Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:04 pm

How could they choose him over Kurt Russell?!
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down