Llorente agreed to join Juventus next summer as free agent. Peluso will join January

+2
Tomwin Lannister
DeviAngel
6 posters

Go down

Llorente agreed to join Juventus next summer as free agent. Peluso will join January  Empty Llorente agreed to join Juventus next summer as free agent. Peluso will join January

Post by DeviAngel Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:05 pm

The Juventus CEO is already planning his transfer strategy for January when, after a long wait, Juventus may finally sign the player they have been chasing all summer: they've already got a green light from Fernando Llorente who, out of contract next season with Athletic Bilbao, has agreed to join Juventus when he becomes a free agent. And this afternoon in Milan, Beppe Marotta made a final desperate bid to sign Federico Peluso: he managed to secure an OK from Atalanta for the player to make the move in January.
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Llorente agreed to join Juventus next summer as free agent. Peluso will join January  Empty Re: Llorente agreed to join Juventus next summer as free agent. Peluso will join January

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Will be good if it happens. The problem is we still have one year where unless a striker can force himself out of the pack and step his game up we'll all be on here come the matchday complaining about sitters being squandered.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Llorente agreed to join Juventus next summer as free agent. Peluso will join January  Empty Re: Llorente agreed to join Juventus next summer as free agent. Peluso will join January

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:13 pm

Marotta has really done well. In two seasons, after starting with a team that finished 7th place, he brought in Pirlo, Vidal, Lichsteiner, Vucinic, Giovinco, Leali, Asamoah, Lucio, Isla, Bendtner, Pogba, and now Llorente and Peluso it seems. He's done an excellent job in my opinion and we should be grateful.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:16 pm

I wouldn't go as far as grateful it's his job remember and don't forget the flop transfers either. He's done a good job but I still have my doubts about his determination when a tricky transfer arrises in the price range of 20M+
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:17 pm

Who flopped?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:19 pm

juventus101 wrote:Who flopped?

Martinez, Rinaudo,Traore even thou they were asked from Del Neria and you can't say Traore was flop when he didn't have the right chance
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:23 pm

LRinaudo didn't really get a chance either, but he probably wouldn't have done well anyways. But were those even Marotta? I thought last year when we got Pirlo, Vidal, etc was his first year? Maybe I'm a little mixed up...
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:25 pm

Not his first year mate, just the one he'll be remembered for. The likes of Pirlo were great thinking I can't deny it.

Also, Elia was a poor buy. Not a cheap one either.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:26 pm

juventus101 wrote:LRinaudo didn't really get a chance either, but he probably wouldn't have done well anyways. But were those even Marotta? I thought last year when we got Pirlo, Vidal, etc was his first year? Maybe I'm a little mixed up...

Marotta came with Del Neri that season ... and ITs never marotta its always the coach thats the approach that Juve chose after axing Secco and Blanc and we offered that to Rafa Benitez and some other DS but in the end we've got Marotta who is doing wonders with the limited budget
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:26 am

DeviAngel wrote:

Marotta came with Del Neri that season ... and ITs never marotta its always the coach thats the approach that Juve chose after axing Secco and Blanc and we offered that to Rafa Benitez and some other DS but in the end we've got Marotta who is doing wonders with the limited budget

Thats complete BS. Its a combination of coach and sporting director - its never JUST the coach. Only ferguson and Mourinho have that power. Noone else in todays football world.

You think bringing in Elia was Conte's idea only? to bring in a player and never use him? Give me a break. Marrotta knew Conte wanted a winger and got the guy he thought was best, given the situation. Obviously, it wasnt part of Contes plan.

The transfers/recruitment is a TEAM game. Its usually a combined decision, but occasionally, either the DS or Coach feel strongly enough about a certain player to make it happen, despite the other not liking it.

everyone defended Marrotta when they said, its hard to buy players for a 7th place Serie A team. So whats his excuse now? Serie A winners and in the Champions league - still cant get a decent striker. How do you defend that???

overall Marrotta has done a reasonably good job. I still think he fails to make the big signings when he needs to = thats his biggest downfall and seperates him from being amongst the best in his profession. We can do better than Marotta, but also a lot worse.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:40 am

Lynx100 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

Thats complete BS. Its a combination of coach and sporting director - its never JUST the coach. Only ferguson and Mourinho have that power. Noone else in todays football world.

You think bringing in Elia was Conte's idea only? to bring in a player and never use him? Give me a break. Marrotta knew Conte wanted a winger and got the guy he thought was best, given the situation. Obviously, it wasnt part of Contes plan.

The transfers/recruitment is a TEAM game. Its usually a combined decision, but occasionally, either the DS or Coach feel strongly enough about a certain player to make it happen, despite the other not liking it.

everyone defended Marrotta when they said, its hard to buy players for a 7th place Serie A team. So whats his excuse now? Serie A winners and in the Champions league - still cant get a decent striker. How do you defend that???

overall Marrotta has done a reasonably good job. I still think he fails to make the big signings when he needs to = thats his biggest downfall and seperates him from being amongst the best in his profession. We can do better than Marotta, but also a lot worse.

^ now that is complee BS
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:52 am

DeviAngel wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:

^ now that is complee BS

HA!

Oh really - you think Marotta is the best sporting director out there do you?
I might give Michael Zorc a call and let him know that Marotta is apparently on the same level as him and that he better watch out. While were at it, we can also inform Frank Arneson that theres a new King of DS around..

I can think of atleast a handful of DS's that are all much better than Marotta...

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:15 am

I don't see him as the best out there but for me he is between them if he signs which he will next summer a top striker he will

he signed bunch of top players : Vidal,Barzagli,Pirlo,Lichtsteiner,Isla.

The thing he misses is a striker

but I guess aree to disagree
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by elm_baraja_shaman Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:44 am

what is the source of this story?
elm_baraja_shaman
elm_baraja_shaman
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:55 am

DeviAngel wrote:I don't see him as the best out there but for me he is between them if he signs which he will next summer a top striker he will

Well, you say that my point about being able to do better than Marotta is BS I.e. hes the best out there. Which is exactly what Ive called you on. Now you turn around and say that you dont think he is the best - which is absolutely spot on. Hes NOT the best.

Hes done some excellent work - absolutely no denying that. Hes made some 'world class' signings and he deserves all the kudos for that.

I stand by what I said - we can do better, but at the same time, we can also do a lot worse.

All in all, right now, hes done more than enough to deserve his job at Juventus. Well done Marotta.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:57 pm

Lynx100 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:I don't see him as the best out there but for me he is between them if he signs which he will next summer a top striker he will

Well, you say that my point about being able to do better than Marotta is BS I.e. hes the best out there. Which is exactly what Ive called you on. Now you turn around and say that you dont think he is the best - which is absolutely spot on. Hes NOT the best.

Hes done some excellent work - absolutely no denying that. Hes made some 'world class' signings and he deserves all the kudos for that.

I stand by what I said - we can do better, but at the same time, we can also do a lot worse.

All in all, right now, hes done more than enough to deserve his job at Juventus. Well done Marotta.

I don't turn around you haven't got my point obviously
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:43 pm

The best DS is currently officially not in the game
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down