Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?!

+30
VendettaRed07
Benry
Lex
juventus101
AnJl
Sri
Emaharg
djoe26
SUPERCARTTS
Peccadillo
McAgger
The Verminator
Raptorgunner
Babun
abirking
julias
EL Patron
Sina
6unner
Wilson37
urbaNRoots
Rev
FennecFox7
SamuelJayC
MJ
REWB
sportsczy
Quinten Metsys
RealGunner
Jay29
34 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?!

Post by Sina Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 pm

encouraging but i still wanna see how we do against more compact sides who restrict us

Diaby now lets pray he stay healthy with int break
we dont play with proper DM
credit to Arteta and Abou today
but watching that last 10 mins and chances Pool had then
maybe if we had and option to bring for periods like this to protect the lead that couldnt be bad(i mean like the way Barca introduced keita in the games)

Really wanted Giroud to score lets keep supporting him he will do well and
its just first goal that can take a lot of pressure of him

Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 2 Empty Re: Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?!

Post by MJ Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:41 pm

6unner wrote:Enjoyed the win but we seem to play more like stoke these days then we do Arsenal. Seemed to be a lot of bus parking counter attack football. A win is a win though.
6unner wrote:Enjoyed the win but we seem to play more like stoke these days then we do Arsenal. Seemed to be a lot of bus parking counter attack football. A win is a win though.

I didn't see anything that could be misconstrued as bus-parking as we moved forward and played our game everytime we got on the ball. Just because our defense is much sharper and more of a team effort doesn't mean we're bus parking.

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:48 pm

We didn't park the bus in this game. Parking the bus is putting everything into defending and not even bothering to get forward and try and score. We actually did try to get forward and create chances.

What's more, the only time we went to outright defensive tactics was went we had a 2-0 lead. Absolutely nothing wrong with going defensive with a 2-0 lead at Anfield.

And we played nothing like Stoke. A few long balls and hoofed clearances aside, we still played with the ball on the ground and tried to fashion chances with incisive passing and movement. Nothing like Stoke. Stoke wouldn't score the two goals we scored today.

Inevitably, when you're playing with a big target man like Giroud, there're going to be some long passes. It'd be a waste not to do so.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Against City we should start with Koscielny and Vermaelen, When Mertesacker plays there are too many last ditch tackles for my liking. Playing him with such a highline against nimble attackers is just asking for trouble.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Great disciplined performance, Diaby impressed me today. I'm not his biggest fan even though I know what he can do but if he continues to play like that I will be very happy to have him in our team.

Giroud's runs are good and all he needs is that goal to boost the confidence.

Awaiting the return of Wilshere, Podolski dat shift :bow: dat goal :bow: dat tracking :bow:
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by abirking Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:21 pm

Impressed with all the players today. Good game especially by our Midfield trio and Podolski. Was a little worried about gibbs though, when he galloped ahead twice which left his position exposed to liverpool attacks (jenks ball in the first half).
Also i liked giroud today for his work-rate. He may not have been as impressive as poldi or santi but he kept chasing the ball and his hold up play is good. If he can get his finishing upto scratch then he will do good for us.
abirking
abirking
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:13 pm

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 2 Lolarteta

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:17 pm

Hahahahaha I love that picture.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:30 pm

wtf loool
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:39 pm

I didn't know his English was this good eco smile He speaks better than Tevez already eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:03 pm

German guy at my work only came to London last year, and he speaks brilliant English too. German = Efficient.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:17 pm

What a game, our team is just getting better and better, and hope for our injured players to return and we can challenge. I am not worried about Giroud yet, he is making great runs and yes he did miss chances but he will be our top goal scorer.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:19 pm

Great work on the first post Jay. :bow:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:37 pm

Only team to have not conceded a goal in the first 3 games. That's pretty good. On the other hand, United have already conceded 5 times. I wonder if RVP will be carrying them this season? Looking like it so far. Although it's a bit premature to say....
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:48 pm

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 2 539154_362714603806383_2056675361_n
Verminator and Merteswagger Thumbs up
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Verminator Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:57 pm

What happens to Kos?
The Verminator
The Verminator
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:19 pm

fight for his place
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 pm

MJGunner wrote:Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 2 539154_362714603806383_2056675361_n
Verminator and Merteswagger Thumbs up

Agger so good, he gets his name put in another players' nicknames :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Koscielny will probably come in for Mertesacker eventually. As harsh as that might be, our best defence is probably still Sagna/Koscielny/Vermaelen/Gibbs.

But this is a problem you want at this level. Vermaelen and Mertesacker have looked a very good duo and we've looked solid at the back without our best defender. Our best defender is now back and we have to decide what to do. Shows how good the depth there is.

It helps that Koscielny and Mertesacker are good for different situations. Same sort of defender, but one is better against quicker forwards and the other is decent against taller strikers. We can play either to suit whatever situation we're in.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:55 pm

Liverpool 0 - 2 Arsenal: What's happening to our Arsenal?! - Page 2 Article-2197063-14CEDEDD000005DC-801_634x826
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:02 pm

What jay said is spot on however personally i would give Vermaelen and Mertesacker another match or so. Koscielny is indeed our best defender but our back 4 atm is just too solid to break up.

Will be harsh on mertesacker in any case :/

Furthermore i don't think Szczesny should just walk back in. Mannone has fought for a place and despite the fact he got lucky with Szczesny's injury, He has done nothing wrong at all. Hasn't put a foot wrong. And it will be pretty shit to just throw him out of the equation. I rather see Szczesny start in the Capital one Cup before than to take mannone off.

At right back it's a bit different because the difference in Sagna and Jenkinson is huge, therefore Sagna would probably walk in after the international break.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Agger so good, he gets his name put in another players' nicknames :coffee:

Meh. Merteswagger, Perdinho, the Berlin Wall, Big f-cking German. He's got an arsenal of nicknames :coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:20 pm

I would be tempted to play Kos at right back. Im not a Jenkinson fan personally, albeit he adequately kept Sterling at bay yesterday. However frankly I'm confused by why we signed him... He doesn't seem to fit the mould at all - he's so unlike any other full-backs we have signed in the past decade or so IMO. Everytime I watch him I just feel he is technically inept.

However, I suppose at the moment theres no issue with leaving things as they are seeing as we are on such a solid defensive run. Don't want to leave Kos out for too long though.

Great performance last night though - I was chuffed. Agree with OP's ratings.

On another note... I couldnt help but feel saddened to see our midfield so strong and our defensive unit so solid, I hate to say it but if Judas didn't jump ship we would look incredible right now - the scoreline would've been far greater.. anyway no point crying over spilt milk and plenty of time for Giroud to come good (touch wood).
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:28 pm

7 – Shots taken by Olivier Giroud so far this season
7.6 – Shots per goal by Olivier Giroud for Montpelier last season

patience Wink
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:05 pm

RealGunner wrote:What jay said is spot on however personally i would give Vermaelen and Mertesacker another match or so. Koscielny is indeed our best defender but our back 4 atm is just too solid to break up.

Will be harsh on mertesacker in any case :/

Furthermore i don't think Szczesny should just walk back in. Mannone has fought for a place and despite the fact he got lucky with Szczesny's injury, He has done nothing wrong at all. Hasn't put a foot wrong. And it will be pretty shit to just throw him out of the equation. I rather see Szczesny start in the Capital one Cup before than to take mannone off.

At right back it's a bit different because the difference in Sagna and Jenkinson is huge, therefore Sagna would probably walk in after the international break.

Mertesacker against the Likes of Balotelli and Tevez is a recipe for disaster, I like Mertesacker positional sense and his reading of the game but playing him against Pacey forward is just asking for trouble. I would play him against Southampton then bring Koscielny back against City.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:06 pm

Works for me Thumbs up
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next