How can Arsenal fit Wilshere back into their team?

+31
Swanhends
EL Patron
Zealous
Il Fenomeno Vero
Bosi
Adit
Highburied
free_cat
Lex
Kick
Dnmac4
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
The Franchise
DuringTheWar
Rev
juventus101
Jay29
urbaNRoots
SchinnerC
Art Morte
lenear1030
VivaStPauli
VendettaRed07
RealGunner
Onyx
kiranr
Great Leader Sprucenuce
bloodless
The Messiah
sportsczy
Gil
35 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

How can Arsenal fit Wilshere back into their team? Empty How can Arsenal fit Wilshere back into their team?

Post by Gil Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Diaby will probably be injured by the time he's returned to fitness which would mean he'd stroll into the side but if not who gets the axe?

The likes of Arteta, Cazorla, Chambo & Podolski are all undroppable in my opinion. So Giroud would probably be the guy I'd leave out the team with him being used as an impact sub along with Theo & Gervinho.

I'd like to see something like this with Santi Cazorla given a free role & Podolski being moved into a more central position.

Arteta Diaby
Wilshere
Cazorla Podolski Ox
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

How can Arsenal fit Wilshere back into their team? Empty Re: How can Arsenal fit Wilshere back into their team?

Post by sportsczy Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Easy. Go to a 433 and move Cazorla as the right winger. Cazorla has excelled there.

Podolski is not a CF under any circumstances btw. His runs are not fit for the role. He should stay on his left wing and cut in like he has his entire career.

Arteta-Diaby-Wilshere
Cazorla-Giroud-Podolski
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

How can Arsenal fit Wilshere back into their team? Empty Re: How can Arsenal fit Wilshere back into their team?

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:53 pm

-------Arteta/Ramsey---Diaby----------
-Carzola----------Wilshere--------Podolski-
-------------------Giroud------------------

Arsenal will suffer for not replacing Song with M'villa/Sahin

Last edited by The Messiah on Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:57 pm

Wilshere will play diaby's position...Arteta is not droppable, Cazorla too and podolski till he changes his game will play LW for us! So that means there's only one position legt and that is diaby's which is fine because diaby needs to be slowly brought back and there will be enough games, now if we bought sahin then we would have had a big discussion

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:59 pm

bloodless wrote:Wilshere will play diaby's position...Arteta is not droppable, Cazorla too and podolski till he changes his game will play LW for us! So that means there's only one position legt and that is diaby's which is fine because diaby needs to be slowly brought back and there will be enough games, now if we bought sahin then we would have had a big discussion

Dropping Diaby is easy rout to 7th place.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:00 pm

Chambo undroppable Laughing he shouldn't even be starting ffs.

Would consider playing this if Diaby can keep fit and Wilshere comes back and stays fit

Arteta
Diaby Wilshere
Cazorla
Giroud Podolski

I wouldn't want to see Cazorla's out wide i know he's done it before and successfully but he's far too dangerous in the middle for me.

Podolski plays extremely narrow anyway so the different between playing as one of 2 strikers and playing on the left of a front 3 won't be a great difference.

Would rely a lot on fullbacks though and Sagna aside i'm not sure Arsenal have any that are capable.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Drop Diaby. Simple!
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:08 pm

Did you actually watch the Bould video you posted on here or any Arsenal matches so far this season Mole? That's a suicidal formation Laughing

And yes, Chambo was shite yesterday but he's only 19 ffs. He helps Arsenal keep hold of the ball better than Theo & that other scrub Gervinho. He offers Arsenal width, penetration & vision the other players can't provide.

I think part of the reason he was so crap yesterday is because he was playing on the right instead of the left. Thought he looked uncomfortable all game out there.

@ Sportz Podolski had his best ever season playing centrally. He can't dribble & he doesn't offer Arsenal any width whatsoever so Wenger might as well move him there.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Chambo undroppable Laughing he shouldn't even be starting ffs.

Would consider playing this if Diaby can keep fit and Wilshere comes back and stays fit

Arteta
Diaby Wilshere
Cazorla
Giroud Podolski

I wouldn't want to see Cazorla's out wide i know he's done it before and successfully but he's far too dangerous in the middle for me.

Podolski plays extremely narrow anyway so the different between playing as one of 2 strikers and playing on the left of a front 3 won't be a great difference.

Would rely a lot on fullbacks though and Sagna aside i'm not sure Arsenal have any that are capable.

Difference with Podolski playing on left or upfront? if u watched the match you would see that he defended a good amount of time during the game....actually when defending we basically moved to a 4-4-1-1 with cazorla staying up with giroud nd everyone else dropping deep

that formation while nice has no width and if they width is to come from full backs then against the small teams we would be screwed on the break for sure!

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 pm

kiranr wrote:
Drop Diaby. Simple!

I don't rate him highly either but he offers Arsenal a physical presence & natural height to deal with long balls & knock-downs.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:13 pm

Gil wrote:Did you actually watch the Bould video you posted on here or any Arsenal matches so far this season Mole? That's a suicidal formation Laughing

And yes, Chambo was shite yesterday but he's only 19 ffs. He helps Arsenal keep hold of the ball better than Theo & that other scrub Gervinho. He offers Arsenal width, penetration & vision the other players can't provide.

I think part of the reason he was so crap yesterday is because he was playing on the right instead of the left. Thought he looked uncomfortable all game out there.

@ Sportz Podolski had his best ever season playing centrally. He can't dribble & he doesn't offer Arsenal any width whatsoever so Wenger might as well move him there.

Podi has played upfront and atm he really isn't up for it for us, his better running towards goal! We don't need him to dribble, we don't need him to do anything flashy, just score goals from the wing and make sure we keep possession, we never played with width on the left and its not neccesary now, what we do need is goals and watching him upfront and on Left, he looked alot more dangerous from left

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:14 pm

It's about playing the best players imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Diaby is a rich mans Yaya when fit.

Anyway Gil, no excuses lol Chambo is far from undroppable.

If this formation is suicidal which tbf it probably is then Sports formation is probably the way to go.

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Ox is important. Any wide player is important for that matter. And Arsenal, especially, relies on width.

The only i can see Wilshere back in the team is over Arteta or Diaby and i pick Diaby to be dropped. Intelligence and positioning plays a far better role while defending and Wilshere is plain better than Diaby in that regard.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:20 pm

Diaby played like Vieira yesterday :facepalm:

Gerrard allowed him all the time and space to stroll...disgraceful performance by Gerrard. get him on the bench and replace him with our own version of Diaby (Shelvey banana )

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:24 pm

Play a weird formation like this

-------------------------------Szcznesny----------------------------------------

----------Sagna---------------Vermaelen---------------Koscielny-----------

Theo-------------------------------Arteta-----------------------------------Podolski

----------------------Diaby------------------------------Wilshere----------------

----------------------------------------Cazorla--------------------------------------

----------------------------Giroud-----------------------------------------------------
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:28 pm

Well if Diaby doesn't play like he has recently then just drop him and put Wilshire in there. If he does keep playing really well then it should just look like this

-----Arteta----Diaby--------

Cazorla--Wilshire--Podolski

-----------Giroud------------

Cazorla is great centrally, but he is a beast on the RW as well. And much much better than any of the options we have for starting there.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:28 pm

At least it's finally decided that Podolski is the greatest player to ever live.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:32 pm

4-2-2-2 with no wingers. wilshere and cazorla behind podolski and giroud
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Diaby has started really well this season, I'd expect Wilshere feature from the bench in his first couple of games and then it's up to form and fitness, imo. Arsenal have got a lot of games after all, some players will be rested and that provides opportunities to play.

Plus you never know about Wilshere's sharpness, he's missed a whole year of competitive football. So with rotation and form included in calculation, I see no problem here.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by bloodless Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:Play a weird formation like this

-------------------------------Szcznesny----------------------------------------

Theo-------------------------------Arteta-----------------------------------Podolski

----------------------Diaby------------------------------Wilshere----------------

----------------------------------------Cazorla--------------------------------------

----------------------------Giroud-----------------------------------------------------

Lol love what youve done there

bloodless
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SchinnerC Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:34 pm

RealGunner wrote:Play a weird formation like this

Trying too hard to be called a tactical genius I see.

Back on topic, Cazorla shouldn't even be considered on the wing. I'd say Arteta - Wilshere - Cazorla. But we do not know what will happen till then. Wilshere needs time and hopefully he doesnt turn out like Ramsey.
SchinnerC
SchinnerC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:40 pm

Wilshere has to fight his place, hopefully Wenger wont just rush him directly in the first team unless Abou Zidane turns into a Dean-Nilson or the inevitable injury's happen.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:49 pm

Cazorla might be good out wide, but he wouldn't as influential out there as he currently is in the centre. I wouldn't move him from that position.

The thing with Diaby is that you can't guarantee that he's going to stay fit or in form. He was amazing yesterday, but in his next game he could complete rubbish. He's that sort of player.

Wilshere is a more consistent and influential player, so if fully fit I'd pick him over Diaby. It'll take a while for him to find his best form, so we can ease him in and take it easy with him. We have Diaby, after all. Depth and all that.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:18 pm

I say do something like this:

--Sczezny--
--Sagna-- --Vermaelen-- --Mertesacker-- --Koscielny--
--Arteta-- --Wilshere-- --Cazorla--
--Gervinho-- --Giroud-- --Podolski--

It's basically a 4231 when attacking, plus it adds some more defensive cover, and let's Podolski pull inside whenever he wants. It also fully utilizes the Cazorla-Podolski partnership.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next