If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season?

+27
white_star
Tomwin Lannister
Abramovich
B-Mac
VivaStPauli
DeviAngel
RebaƱo Sagrado
BeautifulGame
juventus101
eelir
la bestia negra
zizzle
Jack Daniels
peerless
Luca
CBarca
barca 2011
rwo power
RealGunner
bazinga
the xcx
Donuts
7amood11
Mr. Moratti
Ganso
Onyx
Lex
31 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season? Empty If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season?

Post by Lex Sun 18 Nov - 2:16:47

Been going through the Wikipedia pages of random PL teams and a lot that get relegated, pop straight back up the next season (Newcastle, WBA, West Ham etc.)

If, say, Madrid/Inter/Munich/whoever were relegated tomorrow, would they be promoted right away next season, or languish in the 2nd division for a while?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season? Empty Re: If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season?

Post by Onyx Sun 18 Nov - 2:26:41

I doubt anyone would even leave if Real Madrid got relegated.

Which is why we'd most likely get promoted right away.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season? Empty Re: If Your Team Were Relegated Tomorrow, Would They Immediately Come Back Up Next Season?

Post by Ganso Sun 18 Nov - 2:41:51

Yohan Modric wrote:I doubt anyone would even leave if Real Madrid got relegated.

LOL,if Madrid got relegated A LOT of players would leave.I think only Iker,Pepe,Ramos,Arbeloa,Marcelo,Calejon and Higuain would want to stay
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Moratti Sun 18 Nov - 2:44:43

Relewhat?

Mr. Moratti
Mr. Moratti
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun 18 Nov - 3:03:38

Mr. Moratti wrote:Relewhat?

:bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 18 Nov - 3:05:28

if your team was Calciopoli'd*
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun 18 Nov - 3:08:58

Happened to Juve few years ago but they came right back up, even after a point deduction.

Last edited by 7amood11 on Sun 18 Nov - 3:25:07; edited 1 time in total
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 18 Nov - 3:21:15

Yohan Modric wrote:I doubt anyone would even leave if Real Madrid got relegated.

Lol.. just lol
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun 18 Nov - 3:26:04

Ganso wrote:

LOL,if Madrid got relegated A LOT of players would leave.I think only Iker,Pepe,Ramos,Arbeloa,Marcelo,Calejon and Higuain would want to stay
You cant just LEAVE while under a contract rofl.

I could see RM bossing in segunda divison tho.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun 18 Nov - 3:28:26

Trust me, A LOT of players are going to leave.

You expect CR7, Benzema, Di Maria, and Oezil to spend a season in the Segunda Just for Madrid? Laughing They'll be on the first plane out to other clubs.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 18 Nov - 3:30:03

Nameless wrote:
Ganso wrote:

If the club forces them to stay lmfao do you think they will be happy? play good? or stay once the contract is over?
Your ridiculous if you believe they will stay.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by bazinga Sun 18 Nov - 3:32:16

Imagine if Barca get relegated at the same time when Barca Atletic are up for promotion. Dat division swap. Thumbs up
bazinga
bazinga
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 18 Nov - 3:33:50

lol hypothetically speaking. would you want Barca B to get relegated then ? to get the proper team up ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun 18 Nov - 3:34:38

Donuts wrote:
Nameless wrote:
Ganso wrote:

If the club forces them to stay lmfao do you think they will be happy? play good? or stay once the contract is over?
Your ridiculous if you believe they will stay.
Those are your words not mine Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun 18 Nov - 4:48:55

Well, when RWO got relegated from the 2nd BL to the 3rd Liga, we lost so many players that we got relegated to the Regionalliga (4th season) the season after. Sad

Right now we are trying to survive in the Regionalliga West as we had to rebuild the whole team again (only 3 players stayed after the relegation to the RL-West and the rest jumped ship).

Nameless wrote:You cant just LEAVE while under a contract rofl.
Most contracts are only valid for the league a club is currently playing in. If the team goes down, usually the contracts are void.

rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun 18 Nov - 5:11:58

To answer the thread, if its a top club that gets calciopoli'd, of course they would come back up.

bazinga wrote:Imagine if Barca get relegated at the same time when Barca Atletic are up for promotion. Dat division swap. Thumbs up
That would be epic. Barca B La Liga champions!!!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun 18 Nov - 5:12:26

RealGunner wrote:lol hypothetically speaking. would you want Barca B to get relegated then ? to get the proper team up ?

Just put all of the first teamers in Barca B and all the Barca B teamers in Barca Laughing

The better Barca could be named Barca B :bow:

Also, MAJOR lol at the "many people wouldn't leave Madrid" comment. They would be the worst hahaha. I think Barca could do relatively well but they would lose a lot of good players. Replace those that left with youth teamers and Barca would definitely be good enough to come back up right away. The youth team is good enough to stay in Segunda on its own so I have no doubts they could gain promotion with the help of Xavi, Valdes, Puyol and co.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Sun 18 Nov - 5:17:11

Tbf, if you think about it, since we've already established that there's 0 loyalty in football anymore, just how many players would stick with a relegated club? Zero prospect of European football and winning a league trophy that isn't that great at all......don't think that would appeal to certain big egos in a few teams...
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun 18 Nov - 5:26:04

Well, thinking if this were to happen to Juventus again I could see some players sticking around but most leaving.

It all comes down to loyalty but I still think with the players that were to stick around (with any team there would always be some) that would be enough

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sun 18 Nov - 5:31:18

CBarca wrote:
RealGunner wrote:lol hypothetically speaking. would you want Barca B to get relegated then ? to get the proper team up ?

Just put all of the first teamers in Barca B and all the Barca B teamers in Barca Laughing

The better Barca could be named Barca B :bow:

Also, MAJOR lol at the "many people wouldn't leave Madrid" comment. They would be the worst hahaha. I think Barca could do relatively well but they would lose a lot of good players. Replace those that left with youth teamers and Barca would definitely be good enough to come back up right away. The youth team is good enough to stay in Segunda on its own so I have no doubts they could gain promotion with the help of Xavi, Valdes, Puyol and co.
Or, just leave the real Barca B in la liga. Then for the big games, they can call up Messi and Xaviesta from "Barca A" in Liga adelante, kinda like we do now with Deu, Sergi Roberto etc, just reversed, lol.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun 18 Nov - 5:34:43

Messi would surpass Pele's 1k goal record in liga adelante :bow:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun 18 Nov - 6:31:10

7amood11 wrote:

You expect CR7, Benzema, Di Maria, and Oezil to spend a season in the Segunda Just for Madrid? Laughing They'll be on the first plane out to other clubs.

Well they'd know that we'd get promoted right away and be back to competing for major trophies again.

There's been seasons where we haven't won anything, yet players didn't leave then.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Sun 18 Nov - 6:50:17

Yohan Modric wrote:Well they'd know that we'd get promoted right away and be back to competing for major trophies again.

There's been seasons where we haven't won anything, yet players didn't leave then.

There is a massive difference between not winning any trophies and being in the 2nd division of a league.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Sun 18 Nov - 7:54:10

Yohan Modric wrote:
7amood11 wrote:

Well they'd know that we'd get promoted right away and be back to competing for major trophies again.

I honestly don't believe that. I really see our foreign dudes out as soon as we drop.

Regarding contracts, some contracts may have relegation clauses etc etc.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Sun 18 Nov - 8:23:40

As far as inter is concerned, player like Palacio, Cassano, Guarin, Ronochia and Handanovic would probably jump ship but we'd retain all the senior players like Zanetti, combiasso, stanko and probably maybe samuel and Milito. Our youth products would probably stick around since they'll get more playing time. So yea, we'd probably earn promotion with ease but on the long term we'd really suffer.
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next