Red Alert
Art Morte
McAgger
37 posters

Page 24 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next

Go down

LFC GL Community - Page 24 Empty Re: LFC GL Community

Post by mr-r34 Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:33 pm

Stevie can you please write that up, as long as you state why i think it'll go down well, i don't see why were so against the idea that not all of us will think the same in this section.

mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:06 am

this place is like USSR in 1991....ready to crash. we need a Putin character to save us.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:42 am

Sepp step up ffs, you've turned into Yeltsin in his final days.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:13 am

Don't call me James wrote:Sepp step up ffs, you've turned into Yeltsin in his final days.

man.....2 jobs, no stable woman...lfc playing awful..it's a rough period.

I've just taken a 3rd job to tutor Chess on saturdays....that should inspire my Russian/Soviet roots to come back and save this place. Give me a week or so to figure it out... promise mate !!

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:29 am

Natalie Portman wrote:this place is like USSR in 1991....ready to crash. we need a Putin character to save us.

smoking Cool
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:41 am

Well, I'm bald :coffee:

Seriously, though, I'm getting a feeling the whole GL has been on the decline. It's normal that people drop out of a forum for what ever reasons - like has happened with our section compared to last season - but our section & the whole GL hasn't been getting many new actively contributing members for a while now, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:47 am

It's hard to get new members when there really is no way for them to find out about the forum besides existing members letting them know.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:11 pm

Have any of you guys seen Republic of Doyel Suspect hmm scratch ? I started to watch out of boredom and fascination for detective stories. Pretty poor.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:46 pm

GL seriously needs some injection of new blood. Slight injection, but we need some more active posters. Place feels very dead these days.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:11 pm

mr-r34 wrote:It's hard to get new members when there really is no way for them to find out about the forum besides existing members letting them know.

We got to 2000 members quite nicely, but after that it's been very quiet. I don't think we got to 2000 just by members telling their mates about GL, but I don't know what made the difference between a good start and stagnation after that.

Don't call me James wrote:GL seriously needs some injection of new blood. Slight injection, but we need some more active posters. Place feels very dead these days.

Yeah... I like a quieter forum over an overcrowded one, but GL is getting disappointingly silent.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:34 pm

Well you have to remember a huge percentage of the first 2k here were from the older lithium and bulletin board goal.com forums. We had HUGE numbers in those two forums.

I think the actual number of new arrivals is very very low.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:08 pm

Funny that we were talking about this few weeks back in the monthly mod summit at Hawaii.

But yea, everyone just grew up. Most were in school/College few years back and then with time people started working full time or moved to higher education which limits time. So many posters who were regular are now working and have resorted to lurking.

400 posters have signed-in in the last 4 days for example but only about 50 posted. Rest lurked.

We also gave up advertising n shit long time ago. This is what we have now and we are happy with it, I don't think we will die for at least 5 more years but we'll see. Who knows.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:Funny that we were talking about this few weeks back in the monthly mod summit at Hawaii.

But yea, everyone just grew up. Most were in school/College few years back and then with time people started working full time or moved to higher education which limits time. So many posters who were regular are now working and have resorted to lurking.

400 posters have signed-in in the last 4 days for example but only about 50 posted. Rest lurked.

We also gave up advertising n shit long time ago. This is what we have now and we are happy with it, I don't think we will die for at least 5 more years but we'll see. Who knows.

Nice of you to pop in on this conversation, RG.

I think there's a strong core of members who consider GL a part of their life, a pleasant part, too, who genuinely see some members as their friends, even if they've never met them. But as for conversation & activity, it's getting more difficult to keep a buzz going, especially outside the general section. If things keep going this way, we might have to re-think the forum.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:37 pm

Yea of course. Quite a lot consider GL as a part of their life and thats the reason GL will always go on. Even if there are 50 odd remaining in the end, that's more than enough to keep going.

There is a problem of no new influx which I guess is important. Maybe we'll see how things change over the next few months and decide what to do. Post December is always active and Sep-Dec is always the weakest time for activity. This year it's been slower than usual though.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:48 pm

We can't die out. Sad
We must stand together ffs.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:37 am

Been checking GL almost everyday since the past 5 years, Internet would feel incomplete without it. Lurking has increased since uni but im still here.

Art Morte wrote: If things keep going this way, we might have to re-think the forum.

Like rethinking Gerrard?
couldnt help myself
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:41 am

RG how come we don't have a proper Social Media presence FFS.

That would bring in a lot of people i reckon.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:33 am

Agree, We must restart twatter. Put people like me in head of tweeting exposure and stuff. :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:27 am

A football-parody, GL-run Twitter account might be fun, we could have a thread in the forum where members can suggest tweets to post and the mods would have the rights to the account eco smile
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:32 am

And other GL twitter guys like me, rg, sepp, Mc can retweet the official account to give it popularity :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:17 am

You only need a viral post from FB account to get decent exposure.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:40 pm

Na then we'll get the bandwagoners. Twitter is arguably where the actual fans are, who give a shit week in week out (Better quality than facebook)
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:23 am

Been long coming this rant, but midst of the latest discussion in this thread, it has to be said:

GL is a tale of a glorious opportunity missed, or in better words abandoned, because it was in the hands of wrong people. I fully expect this post to be deleted and me banned, but I have to get it outta my system.

When this place started in June 2011, it had fantastic registrants and a lot of improvements being made all the time. People were posting, new/old..design aligning. A year later, it had improved dramatically on google search engines as well. It had reached a level the admins probably didn't expect it to reach.

AND YET...what did they do? Did they take advantage of this fantastic growth that their website had made by marketing it and expanding it, and ask for improvements from the GL family (some of whom they have interacted with since 2009 from Lithium) and take it to next level where it can produce financial rewards as well as self-satisfying feeling? NO, they just abandoned the project.

Everyone's excuse is different.

RG blames it on people growing older and being busy with other things (MORE IMPORTANT STUFF IN LIFE)....RedO quickly shut me down after I brought the discussion with him on Skype and said the admins have no interest in getting the site more attention and make it a financial vehicle and avenue, and want it to just remain a dormant community until it inevitably goes under.

What I don't get though is...WE HAVE TO GO TO COLLEGE, EXAMS, ETC....well people go to college to educate themselves and get a good job and make money. That's the bottom line of it.

GL was all the potential in the world to be a money-making machine that'd make better profit for its owners than 80% of college graduates make. Lack of any sort of financial foreshadowing or nous has ruined it all.

It's done now anyways, and will probably cease to even exist. Talk about being stubborn and not asking for others for help and expansion. I'd buy the site off right now from the owners...they won't sell though.

GL is the footballing equality of Shakhtar Karagendy football club. Last August, they were a last minute goal from making it to CL group stage (James Forrest scored last second for Celtic to win them the tie)...at their very peak. First ever Kazakh club to make it to a European group stage......fast forward 16 months, and they will cease to exist as a club within the next 2 weeks due to financial limitations and no buyer interested to save them. LIQUIDATED. from 7th heaven to non-existence in that short period.

Anyways, I am done. But this site was treated horribly by the admins when it needed fresh ideas to go up a level and become something much much bigger. I blame it on young average age who hadn't lived in the real world before and had unrealistic ideas of what LIFE OUTSIDE OF INTERNET is. It's wonderful, but everyday more and more business are becoming internet based, and this site had so much potential to become a blockbuster forum, before it started sinking.

Done.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:41 am

on the other hand, GL reminds me of my beloved soviet Union.

the fall is inevitable, but the memory will live for a long-time. True communist forum Proud

that's the only positive of the admins' decision not to expand the site and invest in it, and just "let it be".

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:28 am

Would be hard to figure out who gets the Financial gain from this, Honestly think if the early admins got it for just creating a simple free to use forum it would be a massive BS, considering it was all the users who came over who contributed to it.

I'd love the idea of a financial viable forum that rewards the mods for their efforts and as well as giving back to the users in various competitions, which in essence could also attract users.

I always had a similar thought to Sepi as to why this wasn't taken to the next level.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Stevie can you please write that up, as long as you state why i think it'll go down well, i don't see why were so against the idea that not all of us will think the same in this section.

I'll put something together when I'm not at work. Entertainingly enough, considering the other conversations here in this thread, my schedule has been the main reason I haven't been around the last few months.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 30 ... 36  Next