Red Alert
Art Morte
McAgger
37 posters

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next

Go down

LFC GL Community - Page 25 Empty Re: LFC GL Community

Post by stevieg8 Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:34 pm

mr-r34 wrote:Stevie can you please write that up, as long as you state why i think it'll go down well, i don't see why were so against the idea that not all of us will think the same in this section.

I'll put something together when I'm not at work. Entertainingly enough, considering the other conversations here in this thread, my schedule has been the main reason I haven't been around the last few months.

stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Once again, the Gerrard thing WAS A *bleep* JOKE.

So to be clear, you DON'T want Glen Johnson to get kidnapped by ISIS? I don't know what to believe anymore. hmm
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:42 am

I only said the Gerrard part was a joke :coffee:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:43 am

Honestly it's starting to feel like the Chelsea game all over again, the last 30 min last night i just couldn't handle it, and today has been too much, FML.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:47 am

After the game couldn't concentrate on anything!! NOTHING AT ALL!!!! IT's too darn depressing now :facepalm: :brickwall: Sad
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:57 am

Where's Arq people Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:02 pm

Alright, I promised a write-up on why I feel we're OK right now, so here goes. I think halftime of this depressing Stoke game is the perfect time to post this (also the first time I've been available and at a computer in a while).

First off, I think I've seen more positive things from our summer signings than most. Lovren and Balotelli have been seriously disappointing so far, no arguments from me there (RA feel free to say "I told you so" on Lovren). But I've been impressed by Manquillo and Moreno so far, and I've seen promising signs from Can and Lallana. Lambert has been exactly what I expected when we signed him, and I still haven't made up my mind on Markovic. All in all, I don't think it's terrible results in terms of our signings, and I think a number of these players are going to end up with successful careers at LFC (i.e. we're going to look back when it's all said and done and say "that was a good signing").

So if the summer wasn't so terrible, why have we looked so absolutely terrible on the pitch (because I do concede that we've looked atrocious, and we have the results to show for it). Well, I said before the season that I thought there was one storyline which was going to be more important to our success than the new signings bedding in and playing well - our young quartet.

Frankly, Sturridge (obviously due to injury), Sterling, Henderson and Coutinho have all regressed in my mind. We are not seeing anything like the high energy, high pressing, active and moving midfield/attack that we saw for the prior two years (I'm not saying just last season). I do NOT believe this is solely down to Suarez leaving, although I'm sure that had something to do with it.

And this is the crux of why I think we're not in such a terrible situation. There are two options I see for why this stretch of poor form would be permanent. 1) We see big name teams start poaching our young talent, or 2) this period of poor form/regression from that quartet of players is permanent. With 1), there's no way to predict that, although I think Sterling is the only one at risk of leaving and personally I don't see it happening within the next year and a half.

For 2), personally I don't believe it's the case. Careers don't move in straight line trajectories, and this is a blip on the radar for me. The only one I worry about is Sturridge, because it's becoming more clear that he can't stay on the pitch, but if he gives us a half season straight or a 38 game year next year, those concerns go back out the window (just take a look at how RVPs reputation changed with one full, uninjured season under his belt).

I also think Rodgers remains the right manager to lead us. I think the poor form is frustrating the players, and they're making some rash decisions at times, but I think over time we'll see BR start to institute his ideal game again - no more of this hoofing up to Rickie Lambert, sluggish, static football. It's not the way he wants his teams to play, and BR didn't magically morph into Tony Pulis over night. I just don't see this being a permanent feature - we snap off a couple wins in a row and we'll see some more energy, a little more fluidity, and things will fall into place.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very upset about the results we've been having. I'm a huge optimist when it comes to sports, and I came into this season convinced we were going to challenge for the title again. I'm heartbroken that isn't the case.

But we have a good, young core of players, led by an energetic and exciting manager. I can't get down about our team's future while those things remain true. There will be ups and downs with form, and we're in a downturn right now, but I remain convinced that our general trajectory is sloping upwards. I think by the end of the year, we'll see clear signs of improvement and be satisfied with how the last 3/4s of the season have gone.

Anyway, feel free to tell me I'm an idiot.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sat Nov 29, 2014 9:46 pm

Brilliant read StevieG8 and am agreed on most points you have mentioned. The young players that have been brought in might in time turn out to be gems ofcourse. However for me the frustration has been singular that with such influx of money into transfers why we couldn't try an manage the gaping hole that has been left due to the departure of Suarez. I mean we compete in the toughest league in the world and here getting somewhere is easier than ensuring you STAY THERE. As we have proved all too well. Now as teams around us have taken a step forward we have decided to step TWO BACKWARDS in hopes of jumping further. But the truth is there is a huge element of risk involved cause in the current system of this beautiful sport there is no space or time to dwell upon "What might" or "What might not". This sport is pretty ruthless and thinking of securing the future without ensuring the present is safe is pretty outrageous. We have all experienced the downfalls of not being in the elite group in Europe and how that sets us back ages.

Now it's obvious Can, Marko, Moreno & Manquillo aren't gonna hit the ground running like Matic, Sanchez, Ivanovic etc. they are either not that world class or are too raw to be those now. So, the question remains isn't the gamble to wait a little to risky considering you have already achieved the position and now risk losing it?

I don't know if i make any sense my friend but I feel the frustration way too much. And as we are a very small group many of you might know me also as an eternal optimist so it really pains me a lot to come to this.

But Thumbs up i will string on to the hope of a brighter tomorrow with you
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:08 pm

I didnt read the whole post, but i will do it tomo...Stivieg8, dont you leave us now Clubber

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:02 pm

Liverpool fans who posted in the thread for the Manchester United v Liverpool fixture back in March 2014:

Sepi
McAgger
Fahim
Mr-r69
Heil Mein Reds
Buster
StevieG8
Red Albert
Iftikhar
Art Morte
El Cujo
Hank
Arq
BeautifulGame
ExtremistEnigma

Total: 15

Liverpool fans who have posted in the December 2014 ManU v Liverpool thread:

Art Morte
Mr-r69
Heil Mein Reds
Iftikhar
McAgger
El Cujo
Hank
Red Albert
Buster

Total: 9

It's our biggest rival and should bring Liverpool (and United) fans to life, create a buzz and everything. I'm left a little disappointed that our section is less active when we aren't doing that well. Good weather fans and all that.

I'm hoping to keep my activity in here just the way it's been, but just putting it out here that I've just joined the This Is Anfield forum. I simply feel like I want a bit more active conversation than what our section here has come down to. All of you who are active here on a (nearly) daily basis are great, though, and like I said, I'm not going anywhere. Just would have felt guilty joining another LFC forum without telling about it x)
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Ahh well from my part Art I have always been around but have not posted much recently and every loss really scares me to see how the reaction would be here. And believe when i say this that i almost browse through all the posts in almost all the threads. But at most times the hyperbole is too much from some for me to reply or respond to. And to be honest being a fan of BR i have really not much to say for him now. Thus i chose the safer route not to get involved much because i myself cannot justify the slum so big to myself!!!!!

So, my friend not "Good weather fans at all" . . . . Very Happy

O and if you don't mind do let me know how the other forum is i myself would also like to join in on some more regular conversations elsewhere along with this!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:50 pm

Isnt Sepi's one month ban over, Lol?

Ive been there Art, I joined Anfield Index, TIA and Rawk also ( Mostly during the Hodgson Dalglish era). Stopped posting in all of them but GL. :coffee:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:33 am

Well Morty whatever you do don't leave us. I've got accounts in different forums but really there's nothing like GL and you guys.

I would really like more activity as well but for me it would be best if we could get more people to join GL than venturing out ourselves.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:06 am

Yeah same i've joined them all and done nothing, GL is a community, they are just forums.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:13 am

Yeah that is probably the best way to put it.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:25 am

mr-r34 wrote:Yeah same i've joined them all and done nothing, GL is a community, they are just forums.

Couldn't agree more i tried RAWK but just too many BS posts I lost interest in keeping track. I just enjoy this place and the Official Facebook group for Bangladesh.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:59 am

Yeah, I'm not leaving, I would just like a bit more active conversation than what's possible in here right now. So I'll give TIA a go.

I didn't realize many of you have been or are members on other LFC forums. Personally I've never registered nor even lurked other forums. Maybe I won't like it, maybe I do, but I'll totally stick around in here, too.

Hey, that rhymed.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:09 am

well just put in a word, I am here till I die hmm

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:35 pm

I was saying the same thing on chat on Saturday Heil Laughing

Seriously, if I ever stop posting here for an extended period of time without telling you guys here first, I am most likely dead.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I was saying the same thing on chat on Saturday Heil Laughing

Seriously, if I ever stop posting here for an extended period of time without telling you guys here first, I am most likely dead.

Same

I know a few of the other guys do out of GL contact, would that ever interest you guys?
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:34 am

I browsed some other forums long ago and couldn't join. They all seem so weird. I feel so comfortable here. I don't even feel comfortable in Liverpool-Bangladesh FB page. Only here I feel among people with same wave-length, even with all those banters and knee-jerks.

I believe the recent down-turn in posts has more to do with other engagements of the posters than us being in any other place or even our recent results.

BTW, Greetings from Bangladesh. Today is our Victory Day, the day we finally achieved statehood.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:03 am

Been a very eventful ban period. But I took one for the entire GL to defend smaller nations and get DnMac banned...and here I am alive again.

Reds are coming up the hill lads...on our way to glory :scarf: Thumbs up

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:19 am

1 hour and Sepi got banned again rofl
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:30 am

Sepi, sacrificing himself for the greater cause Proud
Mr r 34, when did you lose your 25 %

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:16 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:Sepi, sacrificing himself for the greater cause Proud
Mr r 34, when did you lose your 25 %

Man prob a month back, GS got me on edge, i couldn't resist the stupidity of sum *bleep* when they know nothing about LFC but talk like they know everything.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:34 pm

I know I'm new to the community and some don't like me but I enjoy being here. The other forums I frequent are not Liverpool specific though I enjoy the communities it's a bit different here. Still getting settled I think but like having a dedicated Liverpool spot to come to.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 36 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 30 ... 36  Next