Who is the best second striker in the history?

+8
zizzle
Die Borussen
DuringTheWar
sportsczy
the xcx
Onyx
BarrileteCosmico
Vlad the Impaler
12 posters

Go down

Who is the best second striker in the history of football?

Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap9%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap14%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap5%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap18%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 4 ]
Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap9%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap5%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]
Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap0%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap14%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_lcap8%Who is the best second striker in the history? Vote_rcap 8% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 22

Who is the best second striker in the history? Empty Who is the best second striker in the history?

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:42 pm

Very Happy Tell us your vote and if possible, give some arguments Afro .

Should i consider Messi and Rooney second strikers?They can play in this position and they did it many times.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Who is the best second striker in the history? Empty Re: Who is the best second striker in the history?

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:45 pm

Who's the best striker in history?

Also, half the guys on your list are not strikers. I understand the word striker as meaning a 9 or poacher. Most of the players on your list are too good to be considered only that. Del Piero is an SS, Maradona an AM, Totti a false 9, etc.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Who is the best second striker in the history? Empty Re: Who is the best second striker in the history?

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Who's the best striker in history?

Also, half the guys on your list are not strikers. I understand the word striker as meaning a 9 or poacher. Most of the players on your list are too good to be considered only that. Del Piero is an SS, Maradona an AM, Totti a false 9, etc.

It's your opinion, but i saw them playing and i am sure that those players on the list played many games as 'second strikers'.So they can be considered Second Strikers.

I checked wiki.

Who is the best second striker in the history? Secondstriker

So many players who can play as AM and FW can be considered SS's because they play somewhere between, but not all of them.I am sure that Diego Armando Maradona was one of them.You can see this by the number of goals scored too.

Last edited by vlafy on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:55 pm

Forwards?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:59 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Forwards?

This is a second striker!

Who is the best second striker in the history? 26941949
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:11 pm

SS also go as forwards tbh. Also your list has some flaws here and there.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:17 pm

Edit: i messed up lol

Last edited by sportsczy on Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:21 pm

Yeh SS's are still forwards imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:22 pm

i wouldnt say he is the definately the best, but i'd tend to think of puskas here. He tended to play in between the striker and the midfield. Pele as well although i dont think his link up play was as fluent as puskas

for real madrid puskas played more as a striker i think, so i was talking about his play for hungary and honved, incase anyway mentions that
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Puskas as i read on the internet and heard from my grandpa, was playing more in the left side (Inside - left).

To be fair, i verified all the players i put in the list an they are all considered Second Strikers.

And yes, they can be considered forwards too.Second Strikers are the most complete strikers in my opinion.

Obviously, like the name says "Second Striker", SS's are a kind of strikers.
Wikipedia says:
FW (Forward) includes ST (Striker) , SS (Secondary Striker), FW (RF,CF or LF) and Winger (LW or RW).

Who is the best second striker in the history? Forwardq

I made the thread because i really want to see people's opinion about the best SS's in the history.Don't forget that there exists the option "Other". Smile
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:37 pm

so messed up

da fuq with that list

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:41 pm

Ninis wrote:so messed up

da fuq with that list

You can say any name;I just put first names that came into my mind when it comes about Secondary Strikers.I put the 'other option', but you are very limited i can see. :facepalm:

You don't have to vote or to say something! Wink

It's my fault that i overrated the majority on GL.I can see that msot users don't vote and know only to complain about something, even if they don't have strong arguments.I really thought i can find the most appreciated SS by the GL users.I was wrong.If names like Alessandro Del Piero, Roberto Baggio, Maradona, Bergkamp, Dalglish etc. messed up the list...something is completely wrong with this forum's users. smoking
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:50 pm

welcome to the internet dude. I've seen better lists/posts get more criticism so dont bother yourself
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:51 pm

Raul was quite amazing, probably the best SS I ever saw. His finishing, first touch, shooting technique was all top notch. But his ability to lob/chip over the goalie was a different level to even the players mentioned above.

Dennis Bergkamp was such a unique player and also deserves great praise.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:54 pm

zizzle wrote:welcome to the internet dude. I've seen better lists/posts get more criticism so dont bother yourself

I get it.But still, it's not about the list; that's what people don't understand.You can say any name, i made the poll because i really saw this question on other two forums and i thought people from here would really like to vote and personally i was curious too see the results.The players in the list were the first names that came into my mind.

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:19 pm

i think the list is pretty solid imo.. maradona, baggio and cruyff i consider more AMs

i chose raul, but adp is a close second.. as far as SS goes those 2 names are the pinnacle of everything that describes a SS to me.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Easy King Kenny.

From players I've seen through out their careers has to be Bergkamp.

Its funny, both players are in general rated very highly but I think they are both still underrated. Top top players.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:56 pm

kenny is defo underrated outside liverpool, top player, rich mans raul
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

Dont bother....

Its Lionel Messi.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down