CBarca
Lex
Chippy
peerless
Great Leader Sprucenuce
BarrileteCosmico
13 posters

Go down

City's Aguero Is Premier League's Most Lethal Striker in History Empty City's Aguero Is Premier League's Most Lethal Striker in History

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:31 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2012/11/23/sports/soccer/23reuters-soccer-england-mancity.html?partner=rss&emc=rss
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

City's Aguero Is Premier League's Most Lethal Striker in History Empty Re: City's Aguero Is Premier League's Most Lethal Striker in History

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:37 pm

All misleading really because unlike the rest of those names he hasn't even played 50 games and besides after about 40 games Ba had a better goal per minute ratio than Henry and Shearer lol.

It means very little tbh and considering how he's performed this season it won't be long till he falls behind.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

City's Aguero Is Premier League's Most Lethal Striker in History Empty Re: City's Aguero Is Premier League's Most Lethal Striker in History

Post by peerless Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Stupid, really.

Agüero has played 3095 minutes in the Premier League, whereas Thierry Henry played 21304 minutes in the Premier League. Of course as a top striker reaching his peak, Agüero would put in great numbers. I'd like to see him continue this at a sustained rate over the next season or two. In the meantime, this means very little.

The Messiah wrote:Lol....joke league

City's Aguero Is Premier League's Most Lethal Striker in History 512670
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:19 pm

How is it "stupid"? Biased, not representative, perhaps and I would agree with those comments. There's definitely a an age bias here (Aguero playing in the PL only in his best years rather than his entire career - although he has always scored many goals) and a season and a half is not representative enough for this sort of analysis. In spite of that, I find it silly to call a statistic "stupid" as if it were some kind of opinion.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chippy Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Walcott has the best statistics playing as a centre forward in the PL.

Scores every 10 minutes according to his stats. The fact that he has only played 10 minutes against Spurs should of course be taken into consideration Wink
Chippy
Chippy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 pm

Manchester United's Javier Hernandez is second on the list, his 27 coming every 119 minutes while Henry's 175 came at 121-minute intervals

Dorito more lethal than Henry now, Barril? Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:51 pm

Statistically speaking in a limited sample size, yes :coffee:

Can't argue with the numbers Lex, only thing you can argue is whether to assign them any value or not Razz
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:19 am

I'm fine with calling statistics stupid.

I mean, just look at that Chicha stat ffs Laughing
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:41 am

I think everyone knows this doesnt make Aguero the best PL striker.

However, it does suggest that many people were very wrong about him. I remember his signing, a ton of people thought he was going to fail.

He dribbles much less now than in La Liga, but he does take up better goalscoring positions.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:52 am

Why's it not possible for Aguero to be the best EPL striker?

I think maybe the comparison should be made based on minutes played. Take Aguero's x minutes, then compare the goals with when Shearer, Henry etc played x minutes.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:54 am

Because Shearer's goals per minutes would be effected by the minutes he played outside his prime.

Same for Henry.

Also, we dont need those things to come to the conclusion Henry and Shearer were better. Anyone who watched all 3 would know that anyway.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:35 am

Not to mention Shearer played with dross that Aguero wouldn't be able to get 10 goals a season in.....

And he had 3 career threatening injuries which made him a worse player, which is if you look at his career numbers and why they dwindled down towards the end.

Similar to how Ronaldo wasn't the same after his injuries.

Another thing Shearer scored 20 goals plus a season from 1992 to practically the end of his career ( apart from when he played so little in a season because of injuries)

Henry's record is similar.

We can talk about comparing Aguero to Shearer and Henry when he's career is close to completion.

As of now he's a nobody compared to them.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:41 am

We don't know whether Aguero's reached his prime or not yet.

Aguero's 24, so what's wrong with comparing him with a 24 year old Shearer, Henry etc?

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:46 am

Shearer at 24 was scoring close to a goal a game and scored 30+ league goals 3 years on the trot......

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:59 am

Apparently it says he scored 16 goals in 1992/93, although I'm not sure whether Blackburn only competed in one competition that season.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:49 am

Lol Mole Laughing
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:58 am

Those were his goals per game in the EPL that year but it's a little skewed as he only played in 21 games in league that year which would be equal to Kun's season this year which we all know is not over yet.

The season to compare to Kun's season last year would be when Shearer was 22 years old for Blackburn as that is what these stats are saying as they are not representative obviously of this year as it's not over yet and they are counting his total EPL games to date I'm assuming.

That year Shearer had 13 goals in 41 games which kills his early goals per game ratio, and that would be measuring to Kun's first year in the league at age 22ish which by the way Kun won the league with a walk off winning goal in one of the most exciting EPL finishes of all time for a season.

Mole is right though at age 24 Shearer was killing it scoring 31/40 games in the EPL followed by seasons of 34/42 games, 31/35 games and 25/31 games and then injuries started in.

But again that is not what the stats in this post measure. Kun also had 10 assists last year as well.

I'm not saying one is better then the other but if the stats say early in Kun's EPL career he has the best goals per game ratio then that's great and I don't know why everyone is throwing such a fit. He will play more games and the stats will start to even out with other greats.

All the stats say is he walked into the league and started killing it which is true and at a young age.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:06 am

Kun>>>>>>>>>Henry>>>>>Shearer :bow:
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:10 am

Where is this full list? I want to see it
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncanny Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:33 am

I didnt see shearer nor henry play, b/c i didnt start following soccer till about 06/07. But anyways, the premier league changed a lot over the two decades, richer clubs, better facilities, etc. Aguero was very impressive in his first season, but is still to early to conclude anything, Henry and Shearer have a track record. I say that if he is consistent for the next 3 or 4 years, then yes. That being said, I put him in the top 3 'current' EPL strikers, along with RVP and suarez, thats me though.
Uncanny
Uncanny
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:07 pm

:coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:11 pm

Aguero. :bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down