interesting/ crazy rumor

4 posters

Go down

interesting/ crazy rumor Empty interesting/ crazy rumor

Post by davidsNC Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:19 pm

So my friend (who is a lazio fan) told me this weekend that he read an article from tutto mercato that said that not only does Jovetic's new contract have an incredibly high buy out clause, but that it also has a clause that says he cannot sign for Juve (I assume w/o paying a substantial penalty).

The amount of the buy out clause was meant to keep Italian clubs away, and the anti- Juve clause's purpose is pretty self evident.

I could not find the article. my friend speaks italian so he obviously can find more serie a info/ articles than i.

anyone else hear anything about this? if true it's pretty effed up. does anyone think that this is b/c of the berbatov deal or just some rivalry between juve and fiorentina?

aside from liking jovetic, i find the general idea of an anti-juve (or any serie a club) to be a potentially harmful tool. if more clubs start to do this, the serie a will really solidify itself as a selling league- a place to develop players for the other wealthy clubs. conversely, this could back fire on fiorentina, as any club in competition for a player with them would (and should) inform that player that signing w/ them could greatly limit his future employment options having less teams to choose from.

thoughts.
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

interesting/ crazy rumor Empty Re: interesting/ crazy rumor

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:44 pm

Well done Fiorentina, make sure that more talents are forced out of Italy. Hopefully we can stay on par with portugal for CL places for a little while longer. :facepalm:

I don't like Fiorentina at the best of times but this is insanity. I heard this rumour too.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:44 pm

They obviously don't want a next Baggio situation while trying to get as much as they can for Jovetic...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Show Fiorentina enough money and they will forget the Berbatov mess. An average club cannot be successful by refusing to do business with a highly successful club in the league. Even Juventus and Inter do business together. Fiorentina has worked with Juventus before and they will work with us again. Fiorentina will need our services as much as we may need theirs, if not more so.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:43 pm

Juventude wrote:Show Fiorentina enough money and they will forget the Berbatov mess. An average club cannot be successful by refusing to do business with a highly successful club in the league. Even Juventus and Inter do business together. Fiorentina has worked with Juventus before and they will work with us again. Fiorentina will need our services as much as we may need theirs, if not more so.

i pretty much agree w/ you. that's why this clause seems so odd too me. i guess this could be a way for fiorentina to vent and possibly posture for any future contractual negotiations. however, it stillseems like a really myopic move by fiorentina that could end up hurting them down the road
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:50 pm

btw, here's a link to an image of the paper that has this story. image at the bottom of the page

http://www.bigsoccer.com/community/threads/winter-is-coming-the-january-transfer-speculation-thread.1974431/
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:51 pm

davidsNC wrote:
Juventude wrote:Show Fiorentina enough money and they will forget the Berbatov mess. An average club cannot be successful by refusing to do business with a highly successful club in the league. Even Juventus and Inter do business together. Fiorentina has worked with Juventus before and they will work with us again. Fiorentina will need our services as much as we may need theirs, if not more so.

i pretty much agree w/ you. that's why this clause seems so odd too me. i guess this could be a way for fiorentina to vent and possibly posture for any future contractual negotiations. however, it stillseems like a really myopic move by fiorentina that could end up hurting them down the road

I agree, but the presidents of many Serie A clubs like to be a little dramatic to get attention.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum