Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Lord Awesome
BarrileteCosmico
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How much... ? (in Euros)

How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 1 ]
How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 2 ]
How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 9 ]
How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap22%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 9 ]
How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap17%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 7 ]
How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 3 ]

Total Votes : 41

Poll closed

How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 Empty Re: How much is Fabregas worth?

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:34 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:If Barca offer 30 and say Real Madrid offer 50 you can't be worth 30 and 50 doesn't make sense.

I think every player is worth something regardless of what the team offers for the player imo.

To an extent, as in, if City or Eastern European clubs offer excessive amounts, the prices are inflated with the "unfavourable club" element. That doesn't make it reality that the player is actually worth that amount.

However, in this case, I doubt Fabregas or especially Arsenal will say no if, say, Madrid offers a crazy number. It isn't Barcelona or bust I feel.

Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:41 pm

In today's I market I think everyone has their own price whether you take inflation into account or not.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:01 pm

Guiltybystander wrote:
Blue wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
Lex wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Also, no player with Fab's injury record is worth 50M.
Torres.....

I think everyone on this forum will agree that 50 million for Torres was a disgrace.

How would you or any other poster know how much Torres is worth? do you know how much commercial revenues Torres generates for his club? did you consider that Torres has the highest selling jersey in the EPL for the last few years?

The logic that if Torres is worth 50m then player X is worth much more is getting old and is filled with fallacy.

Oh look, another Chelsea fan who can't admit mistakes made by his club. You don't have to explain me how marketing value is utilized in modern football: I am a fan of the club who invented it, and I wasn't exactly a fan. Chelsea and Madrid aren't corporations, but football clubs. I don't want no crap-Beckham or -Torres in my team just because they sell kits. I want a great talent and see entertaining football.

But justify it for yourself, if that makes you feel better.

How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 130824955207

seriously what a load of BS, you didn't answer my questions and nothing you said relates to how is one to determine a players worth.

Admit Torres is a mistake after 3 months of football?

Dear God that is fickleness at the highest order, you really can't rule out a world class player like Torres after 3 months, especially knowing that Torres has the highest games to goal ratio since arriving in the PL.

I thought i can raise the debate and have actual intelligent debate over this matter, but it seems you are only interested in nonsense and taking slanderous shots at my club. So i am not going to waste my time any further.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 pm

In this inflated transfer market, somewhere around 40 million pounds.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Blue wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
Blue wrote:
Guiltybystander wrote:
Lex wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Also, no player with Fab's injury record is worth 50M.
Torres.....

I think everyone on this forum will agree that 50 million for Torres was a disgrace.

How would you or any other poster know how much Torres is worth? do you know how much commercial revenues Torres generates for his club? did you consider that Torres has the highest selling jersey in the EPL for the last few years?

The logic that if Torres is worth 50m then player X is worth much more is getting old and is filled with fallacy.

Oh look, another Chelsea fan who can't admit mistakes made by his club. You don't have to explain me how marketing value is utilized in modern football: I am a fan of the club who invented it, and I wasn't exactly a fan. Chelsea and Madrid aren't corporations, but football clubs. I don't want no crap-Beckham or -Torres in my team just because they sell kits. I want a great talent and see entertaining football.

But justify it for yourself, if that makes you feel better.

How much is Fabregas worth? - Page 2 130824955207

seriously what a load of BS, you didn't answer my questions and nothing you said relates to how is one to determine a players worth.

Admit Torres is a mistake after 3 months of football?

Dear God that is fickleness at the highest order, you really can't rule out a world class player like Torres after 3 months, especially knowing that Torres has the highest games to goal ratio since arriving in the PL.

I thought i can raise the debate and have actual intelligent debate over this matter, but it seems you are only interested in nonsense and taking slanderous shots at my club. So i am not going to waste my time any further.

In my opinion, as a Liverpool fan, Torres was never good enough to be labeled WC.
He was good because he had the backing of one of the best midfields to date (Gerrard, Mascherano and Alonso) and therefore scored a lot, etc. After Mascherano and Alonso left, his performance went down significantly. He has never been really good for the Spanish NT either, 08 was Villa's tournament, yet Torres gets honour for scoring the winner. I don't know man. A player who was past it for a while, who is always injured, who is seriously inconsistent isn't worth 50 million.

I am not basing his performance on 3 months of football, I am basing it on watching him for years.

But yes, I am attacking your club. Can you repeat which questions I failed to answer?
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:11 pm

2007–08 season will be hard for Torres to match again, if you look at his past couple of season, every year Torres has gotten worse. As a player I like him I wish the best, next year he has a lot to prove.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:19 pm

mtfootball wrote:Fabregas is worth around 45m imo.

affraid

I think this is the first time I have agreed with mt in years Thumbs up
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:25 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Also, no player with Fab's injury record is worth 50M.

even with his injury record, he has more assists and goals then xavi in the last 5 seasons.

tells you how amazing he is doesnt it ?

45-50m is his right price.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:28 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

even with his injury record, he has more assists and goals then xavi in the last 5 seasons.

what was it rg? this season alone he created 38 chances? 15 more then his nearest rival in the epl? lol and he was suppose to of had a 'poor season' by his standards i guess.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by arabprince Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:30 pm

35 M
arabprince
arabprince
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm

lol @ someone's transfer fee being decided by how many shirts he might sell at the new club

I thought we left moronic ideas like this back at goal.com?
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 pm

meh 40 mil and im being nice
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by daneq Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:50 pm

Lex wrote:lol @ someone's transfer fee being decided by how many shirts he might sell at the new club

I thought we left moronic ideas like this back at goal.com?

If a club is entitled to a portion of the marketing revenue a player brings in... Then sure, it definitely factors in the decision at least a little bit.

Hopefully not to the extent that some people on these forums believe, but I'm sure it at least gets brought up in meetings before a player is actually signed.
daneq
daneq
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:09 pm

£40,000,000, for me.

Torres' fee cannot be used as a barometer for these things. One factor people forget that the signing was made in January, where there's less time to haggle down the fee and teams are far less likely to sell a player, especially a key asset. Prices in January are, in general, even more inflated than they are in the summer.

Likewise, the same could be said about the fee for Andy Carroll, which was something of a depserate buy and Newcastle, obviously, didn't want to lose their top goalscorer at such a stage in the season.

Instead of using the fees of other transfers to judge how much Fabregas is worth, let's use Fabregas' own attributes to determine a sensible valuation.

Fabregas is widely known as one of the best playmakers in the world, and for good reason. Last season he created 38 opportunities in the league despite only playing 22 games. Despite being injured quite often and supposedly having his "head and heart elsewhere", he still managed 9 goals and 17 assists which are good totals. In previous seasons, he has scored more goals and has more assists.

There just aren't many midfielders who has Fabregas' passing range, ability to create and score goals. Someone who can do all that at a high standard should cost a lot of money.

Then you consider he has four years left on his contract and is earning £110,000 p/w and that Arsenal aren't in desperate need of money despite our debts.

So, yeah, £40,000,000.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:44 pm

RealGunner wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:

Yet for all those nice stats Fab did close to nothing vs Barca and was outshined by nearly every other midfielder in both games. Stats can be so misleading...
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yet for all those nice stats Fab did close to nothing vs Barca and was outshined by nearly every other midfielder in both games. Stats can be so misleading...
Yes, forget the 5 years of service he's provided, judge him solely on two legs against the best team in the world

Makes sense
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 pm

It's not like he has to outplay Barca if he plays for them, no?

Is that the only measure where we are going to judge players on, how well they performed against Barcelona? That makes no sense.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Margera Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:55 pm

30-35 million. would be 45 if he wasn't fighting with robben for the "most injury prone player" award.
Margera
Margera
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:56 pm

I don't mean to come off as harsh, Fabregas is a fantastic player and any team would be lucky to have him, but to suggest that his contribution is higher than Xavi's based solely on misleading statistics (and by this I mean that any statistic is misleading by nature) is not an adequate way to do a player comparison.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:59 pm

He is also much younger than Xavi, and doesn't play for the best team in the world.

Fabregas is better than Xavi was at his age, actually. Xavi has only gotten this good the last couple of years.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:04 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I don't mean to come off as harsh, Fabregas is a fantastic player and any team would be lucky to have him, but to suggest that his contribution is higher than Xavi's based solely on misleading statistics (and by this I mean that any statistic is misleading by nature) is not an adequate way to do a player comparison.

we compare them by how they perform against barcelona then lol ?

An 18 year old fabregas took Arsenal to the CL final along with Henry. How is that for your comparsion ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:35 pm

35mil I guess.

Hasnt played 30 PL games since 07/08, dont matter about what he does, this is important.

But with the market is how it is (as in Carroll went for 35m) then what can you say, is should be valued higher then that.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2