Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility

+18
futbol
nasir6371
BORUSSIA!!
Lucifer
titosantill
RealGunner
Robespierre
BarrileteCosmico
VivaStPauli
farfan
Unique
Mr Nick09
jibers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Adit
Hapless_Hans
windkick
Valkyrja
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility Empty Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility

Post by Valkyrja Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:12 pm

Well, that's true. Footballers are practically non factors in society. It's not like they save lives to be worth and make that kind of money.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility Empty Re: Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility

Post by windkick Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:19 pm

Says the guy with the Ronaldo AV
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility Empty Re: Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:21 pm

True. Footballers don't save lifes.
DJs do though.
Last night a DJ saved my life.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:26 pm

Valkyrja wrote:Well, that's true. Footballers are practically non factors in society. It's not like they save lives to be worth and make that kind of money.

As if Ozil got that 50 million.

People plz....what these players are 0.000001 cream of the crop of the football players all over the world. They deserves to be paid what ever the clubs are willing to pay them.

The best actors gets paid millions for one cinema they dont save no life, i dont see any body complaining.

The gold/Diamond merchants makes billions, they save fuk all, i dont see any body complaining.

Wall street elite banker over a year makes 1 million euro multiply with their career length and they some how makes 40-50 mill euros.

Now an average salary of a footballer is probably 2 mill euro and career span is around 15 years....he makes 30 million euro.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:34 pm

What people need to understand is there is this amount of money in football because of the fans and watching public.

The TV money and sponsorships don't exist if the sport wasn't popular enough in the first place to support it.

Worth is a very subjective term and quite frankly if Arsenal get in 100s of millions every season and they chose to spend 50 on their star player then yes it's worth it.

People may not like it but that's the way it is.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What people need to understand is there is this amount of money in football because of the fans and watching public.

The TV money and sponsorships don't exist if the sport wasn't popular enough in the first place to support it.

Worth is a very subjective term and quite frankly if Arsenal get in 100s of millions every season and they chose to spend 50 on their star player then yes it's worth it.

Exactly. You are worth what a club is willing to pay for you and what a club is willing to let you go for. Nothing more nothing less. These subjective statements make no sense.

Stick to football ozil and let the market decide what a player is worth.

Football is losing its credibility...

Okay. Another dumb statement. Credibility? Yea, the scandal with fifa isn't what did it, the drug cheating and he diving isn't what did it, no its the the amount of money a club is willing to pay for a player that has destroyed the credibility of football. Please stfu Ozil.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:07 pm

If anything, your cash value on the market says how much a team wants you. Arsenal had never spent like that to sign someone, but they did for Ozil, because they needed an attacking player like him to change the cycle of their current team.

It's not about "football" in general, i hope he realizes that, and how much hope Arsenal fans had in him to turn their fate around. Play football, play to your talent, appreciate how badly a team can want you, and pay them back with game changing performances.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:54 pm

windkick wrote:Says the guy with the Ronaldo AV
boom. head shot. Laughing Laughing
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Sep 25, 2015 10:54 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:What people need to understand is there is this amount of money in football because of the fans and watching public.

exactly .

it's the same when people get upset at players salaries . Laughing
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:22 pm

You guys always do the same in these kinds of debates.
You conflate the discussion whether something is actually worth what is paid for it with how basic economics work.

We all get that supply and demand rule the market, and things eventually get the price tag people are willing to pay.

That doesn't mean a discussion about "worth" doesn't have any merit.
Just consider the tulip.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:24 pm

Football should just abandon player transfers. You get a contract you see it out. Then the transfer fee just goes to the players' salaries. The buy out clause system is ridiculous, it only benefits very few teams who are able to spot value and agents. Players are getting robbed in this system.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:25 pm

I'd also love a salary cap, TBH. And a celery cap. F*ckers are starting to ruin soups.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:48 am

I notice the number of football players to say this is increasing.
Vidal said same things too
It looks like if the players are the first  to " not appreciate" this
Anyway .,... this thing of " football is starting to lose its credibilty " is a nonosense thing IMO
Football is ALWAYS been this.
Where the business is large,the waste of money is an effect.
Or just I remember there were many  overpriced players  in 90's too ?
And I suppose Mendieta paid like Ozil was worse.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:11 am

He is definitely worth 50m

Needs to stop being humble
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:14 am

VivaStPauli wrote:I'd also love a salary cap, TBH. And a celery cap. F*ckers are starting to ruin soups.
Institute salary caps and the Chinese/Qatari/etc leagues will absolutely explode imo. Salary caps only benefit the owners in any case.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:16 am

Wonder if a world class player in his prime would move to Qatar though?

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:17 am

If he would make way more money than in a salary capped europe, sure.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:44 am

RealGunner wrote:He is definitely worth 50m

Taking into consideration his quality and other factors related to the current transfer market he's worth every penny of that 50m and maybe more. From a financial point of view, footballers are assets to their respective clubs, especially marketing tools like Cristiano, prized assets actually. But in reality it's absurd to pay that kind of money for an individual.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:36 am

Hapless_Hans wrote:True. Footballers don't save lifes.
DJs do though.
Last night a DJ saved my life.

lmfao....i didn't even see that coming. nice one
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 am

According to basic economics u always get less salary than labour u provided. So in sense amount of labour or service football players must be contributing to football and then the football to their respective economies must be more than the dividends they get.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by BORUSSIA!! Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:58 am

Ozil trying to sound deep and meaningful yet making no sense. If he said he himself is not worth 50 mil but some players are it would be more appropriate.

Players get paid so much because there's that much money in the money. If people don't like it, don't follow the game.

Anyway only the very top players get paid the big bucks in fotoball, just like the very top people get paid the big bucks in just about any industry.

Also footballers do contribute to society. They entertain us and inspire people to play sport which keeps people healthy. What sort of world do people wanna live in, a world with just the most "important" people existing such as doctors, scientists, teachers, accountants and so on. But no entertainers, no fun?

The whole "who contributes to society and what is their value" thing is stupid, because we really don't know what purpose any of us have in life. Therefore even a doctor being worth more valuable than a footballer doesn't really make sense.

BORUSSIA!!
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by titosantill Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:42 am

as the game expands the money expands. if a club values a player, they slap a price tag on that player. if you want him that much, you'll pay it, and this also affects the players wages....i think ozil's trying to relieve himself of the pressure. rather than talking about his worth, if he really wanted to be deep maybe he should have said "arsenal are paying so much money in wages, its not ethical"....no, i didn't think he'll go there

besides, its damned if you do damned if you don't. imagine if, with all the influx of money in the game, players were earning peanuts (all relative, cos compared to what some clubs get, individual salary could still be peanuts), but imagine a year top players getting some real chicken change type salary, then there will be complaints of "oh we are being exploited, they're cheating us"

if ozil feels he's not worth 50m, fine, he should have stopped there. as far as credibility, with respect to financial incentives and money in the sport, he's the wrong messenger for that. its not like his agent hasn't been out there making big contract moves for him since his days at madrid and prior to.
titosantill
titosantill
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:44 am

Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility Ozil_w10

Need to play to his potential, already looking like a poor man's KdB.
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:40 pm

nasir6371 wrote:

Ozil : I'm not worth 50m, no footballer is worth that. Football is starting to lose its credibility Ozil_w10

Need to play to his potential, already looking like a poor man's KdB.

Only idiots who don't watch Arsenal play thinks he isn't playing to his potential. Has started this season brilliantly and has created the most amount of chances in the PL so far Laughing He was our best player in our trophy drought ending FA cup campaign.

Those stats are as laughable as the one where we lost 4 matches without Song 4 years ago. The stat you should be looking for are these

Since Ozil joined: Arsenal have won 4 trophies in 2 years
Before Ozil joined: Arsenal won 0 trophies in 8 years
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:41 pm

Arsenal won 4 trophies? Shocked

2 FA Cups, the Community Shield against Chelsea. Which did I miss? hmm

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next