Kick
urbaNRoots
Blue
Shed
Blue Barrett
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Captain, Leader, Legend - John Terry - Page 3 Empty Re: Captain, Leader, Legend - John Terry

Post by Shed Fri Oct 03, 2014 3:30 am

‘I deserved it!’: John Terry feels no shame over celebrating Chelsea's Champions League win:
Chelsea captain John Terry says he has no qualms about having celebrated the Blues' Champions League win in 2012 like all of the other players, saying he believes was every bit a part of the club's triumph in the competition that year as anyone else
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/402948/I-deserved-it-John-Terry-feels-no-shame-over-celebrating-Chelsea-s-Champions-League-win

"The biggest night ever for the club and I didn’t play in it."

"But I played in one [final in 2008], and I felt a massive part of it [in 2012], and the players made me feel a huge part of it."

"Along the way you look back at games, like the Napoli game [in the last 16] and other games along the way where you played a big part as well."

"Because it’s me, people look and say ‘he’s not won it’, people like to have their digs and their pops, but I know I played a huge part along the way, in the dressing room and on the field as well, so I count myself to have won it."

"No one speaks about the other 10 players who weren’t on the pitch that night as well. Maybe that’s me and that’s where I am at as a player."

Quite right.
-

Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Captain, Leader, Legend - John Terry - Page 3 Empty Re: Captain, Leader, Legend - John Terry

Post by Shed Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:04 am

Captain, leader, legend! John Terry to wear the Chelsea armband for the 500th time against Crystal Palace:
John Terry will captain Chelsea for the 500th time against Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park on Saturday
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2797522/john-terry-captain-chelsea-500th-time-against-crystal-palace.html

Molenation
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:09 am

I saw, huge congrats to him! :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:11 am

Former Blues skippers Ron Harris and Marcel Desailly pay tribute to John Terry as legend approaches 500th game wearing the Chelsea armband:
John Terry has been lionsed by predecessors in the Chelsea armband Ron Harris and Marcel Desailly as he's set to make his 500th appearance as captain of the Blues
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2233855-john-terrys-500th-game-tribute-piece-is-he-chelseas-greatest-captain

“The saying has always been that when the going gets tough, the tough get tougher,” Harris said when speaking to Bleacher Report this week.”

“John’s always been in the thick of things, putting himself about and leading from the front. What more can you say about the fella?”

“I can’t speak highly enough of John and everything he has done for Chelsea Football Club.”

“It’s a proud moment for me to see him making his 500th appearance as captain. Like me, he has come through the ranks and gone on to captain the club to win major honours.”

“The only thing I ever say to John is that he can’t beat my record of 795 appearances as a Chelsea player! I like to tell him that regularly!”

“He’s been a great captain for the times.”

“He’s held everything together at Chelsea in the modern era when there have been so many changes. He’s been a player the fans could relate to, the one they all look up to.”

Harris
-
“I had the privilege of seeing him arriving on the scene as a very young player. He was very motivated and was already ready to become an elite player,” Desailly told us.”

“Every day he was first at training. He would talk to the older players. He was young, but he was a leader. He was already a captain.”

Desailly
-
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:13 am

It'll be certainly strange without him around.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:13 am

Make not me think about it Sad
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:17 am

Laughing

What?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:24 am

Don't make me think about a time post-Terry.

All this thesis-writing fried your brain or sommat? Suspect
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:32 am

Captain, Leader, Legend - John Terry - Page 3 B0QKozJCIAEhcpA

Molenation

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:26 pm

:bow:

Huge congrats to him!
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:04 am

John Terry vows to see out career as Chelsea captain:
John Terry says playing his 500th game wearing the Chelsea armband yesterday was ‘incredible’ and that he hopes to finish his career as Blues captain
http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/terry-vows-see-out-career-7961635

“There will be one day when it's time to pass it on to someone else, and it's time for me to hang up the boots.”

“But I'm feeling great, and I'm playing well in a very good side, and we're winning.”

“I'd like to thank the likes of Marcel Desailly and Denis Wise, who first and foremost gave me the opportunity to be captain of this club, and help me through and learn from the very best.”

“I remember when I first got it (the armband) Marcel was captain, and he called a meeting with the management, Zola, Denis Wise, Graeme Le Saux.”

“And they felt it was time, while they were still there, that they give me the armband, and see me through.”

“And I'll never forget that – that's why I thank those guys for the experience and the learning that I got from them. Because without them I couldn't have done it.”

“I think if you look at (Ron) 'Chopper' Harris – he was 324 (games as captain) or something, and that was kind of there (as a record) for a long time.”

“To surpass that, and be as successful as I've been at the club...when you look at the records, and you step back and you see the stats and the achievements you've done, it is incredible.”

“So I'm incredibly pleased with that. But I'm still looking to add to them.”
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:12 am

Proud
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:21 pm

Forgot to mention it after the match last night but yesterday marks 16 years to the days since JT's debut for us. #Captain #Leader #Legend :bow:
-

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:17 am

Why was Flo so pissed off? hmm
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:19 am

That's Super Dan, Souly Wink
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:25 am

lol shouldn't have trusted the commentators
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:29 am

Is that what they said? rofl

Didn't listen to it.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:49 am

They did so Flo when Dan came off Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:54 am

Oh my rofl
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:46 pm

John Terry phones 18-year-old fan who commented on one of his Instagram posts about ticket prices, promises to speak to board about fan's concerns:
John Terry vowed to lobby Chelsea’s board to address ticket prices at Stamford Bridge after telephoning a young supporter angered by Jose Mourinho’s outspoken attack on the atmosphere at the ground
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11205542/Chelsea-captain-John-Terry-promises-to-address-Stamford-Bridge-ticket-prices.html

Captain, Leader, Legend - John Terry - Page 3 B1f9wsqIMAA1HDn
Captain, Leader, Legend - John Terry - Page 3 B1f9wtDIgAIT2KJ

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:40 pm

JT Proud

I wonder if something will actually be done about this?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Won't be holding my breath...

But do think it's something how much of a conversation it's revved up since Saturday.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:52 pm

Yeah, thats why I wonder if something will be done.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:52 pm

As I said, I doubt it - but we shall see.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Agree.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:12 am

John Terry surprises Chelsea fan by sending shirt signed by players for birthday:
John Terry made one Chelsea’s fan’s birthday extra special after surprising him with a shirt signed by the Blues players
http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/03/john-terry-surprises-chelsea-fan-by-sending-shirt-signed-by-players-for-birthday-4932650/

Captain, Leader, Legend - John Terry - Page 3 S3iZwgb
-

:bow:

Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next