+3
Ganso
lszanto
Kick
7 posters

Go down

The Best is yet to come Empty The Best is yet to come

Post by Kick Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:08 am

In march of this year I purchased a signed Daniel Sturridge poster with 'the best is yet to come' written on it. (the poster featured Mata and Ramires as well making it three of my favourite players at the time in one poster) It was the most suitable phrase I could come up with because we were very poor back then. When we went on to win the CL and FA cup I looked up at the poster and thought to myself 'I was right, the best was yet to come.' I realise now, however, this was wrong. We are still not at our best and won't be for at least a season or so.

We have a young squad with lethal potential and while wins away at Arsenal prove what we can do, I believe we can do so much more should our side fall into place. Time is on our side with most of our starting XI under the age of 26 (Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Mikel, Ramires and Luiz. Courtois, Bertrand, Sturridge and Azpilicueta could be added to this list in the future) we have a good few seasons before we are at our prime and as long as we can get our players to gel before then, we will be a lethal attacking team with great defence. Ramires and Mikel need to gain a greater understanding to solidify the midfield and defence, OscHazMat and Torres need to gain a greater understanding as well and once they can achieve that we will be able to play Sexy attacking football which is what Roman wants. Once this happens can you imagine the passing game we will have in the attacking third? It will be unreal.

If this current Chelsea teams sits top of the table, a win clear and the best defencive record thus far, Imagine what this Chelsea team could do with more experience.

I, for one, cannot wait. it's going to be awesome.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

The Best is yet to come Empty Re: The Best is yet to come

Post by lszanto Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:34 pm

In a few years I could easily see us being the best in the world. Give us a solid pivot and a quality striker to lead the line and we'll be insane. We're setup for the future which makes it all the more exciting as we're going to keep getting better. Our youth academy is also improving alot so i'm expecting to see a few youth products making there way into our squad over the next few years.

The best is definitely yet to come Very Happy
lszanto
lszanto
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:33 pm

Its pretty interesting when you think that the core of the team is young and have yet to reach their peak,Hazard and Oscar are 21,Mata is 24...How many top teams have 2 youngsters starting and performing at this level?I think only Dortmund (even though I think that Reus is meh).

2011-Messixaviesta 2014-Oschazmat :bow:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:48 pm

I'm pretty sure by this time next year we would be quite a team...
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:05 am

iNFINITY9910 wrote:I'm pretty sure by this time next year we would be quite a team...

If the form continues yes, I agree, however, drops in form will set us back a little bit.

but I think we will win the EPL within the next 3 seasons or so.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:01 am

Kick wrote:
iNFINITY9910 wrote:I'm pretty sure by this time next year we would be quite a team...

If the form continues yes, I agree, however, drops in form will set us back a little bit.

I would say we have a very good shot of wining the league this season, none of our rivals have impressed me and our squad hasn't even come close to playing up to their potential.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:04 am

Blue wrote:
Kick wrote:

I would say we have a very good shot of wining the league this season, none of our rivals have impressed me and our squad hasn't even come close to playing up to their potential.

I would agree, if we can keep this form or even improve it as the year goes on. I think it is still too early to call it.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shed Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:23 am

If you think about the reality of the situation we're in, it's really a fantastic position to be in. We're a team in transition, playing with new personnel, making the switch to a completely different style of play, with many players who haven't truly bedded in to the English game yet, and we're still top of the table, 4-7 points clear of any serious title challengers.

As far as our exciting attacking players go, there's no doubt the best is yet to come. We've seen individual instances of brilliance from them, and isolated moments of nice, creative link-up between them, but they still don't have that fluidity and familiarity amongst themselves, which will come with time playing with one another. When they do eventually gel and start becoming more familiarized with the others' movements, etc., they'll be deadly.

In addition, it's highly probable that the club will be dipping into the market further in the coming transfer windows to address some of the deficiencies in the squad. As you alluded to, can you imagine this team with a fully competent central midfield and a reliable, prolific striker up top? These are two very important components of any team obviously, and Chelsea is top of the table even without having anyone particularly special in those positions. Imagine the heights the team could reach once that's sorted out.

So yes, there's really no doubt about it, we will only get better as time goes by.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:30 am

id be happy if we finished 2nd or 3rd this season as long as we give the top two sides a real run for their money, but atm it looks as if we can go on and win the whole thing

Its early days still Man City and Arsenal have too much quality not to improve and some how Yanited will take a squad with awesome strikers and GKs with a mediocre mid and back line and somehow challenge the top sides, not to mention newcastle and *shudders* Spuds will be there nipping at the top four places if we slip up like last season

all in all, so far we've done better then expected, but we've probably had an easier run thus far then the other top sides, the Christmas period will define our season
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:32 am

Certainly. I think November will be a real challenge for us. Should get make it through then with good results I will certainly be hopeful.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum