'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread!

+32
RED
juventus101
_LMG_10_
VanDeezNuts
McAgger
Brady2Moss
ELO
pewpew
guest7
Cyborg
white_star
BAYERN_MUNICH
Bellabong
rwo power
halamadrid2
Art Morte
trle
Gil
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Margera
Kick
Valkyrja
VivaStPauli
RealGunner
Die Borussen
Potential
the xcx
Raptorgunner
Zealous
Onyx
bvb_11
36 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread!

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:48 pm

Lewandowski was already crap last season when he was getting rave reviews, nothing has changed since then. He's a crap finisher.

Ultimately Hart saved City though, Reus, Götze, and Gündogan all had excellent chances. Well, and Lewandowski, but he really always had terrible aim.

VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread! - Page 3 Empty Re: 'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread!

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 pm

i wanted to win dortmund to win just as much as the next guy but the penalty was legit, and rodwell (who i still have no idea played or is anywhere neard city's squad) gifted them a goal.

the game was deservedly a draw imo. hart was fantastic again.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:52 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:i wanted to win dortmund to win just as much as the next guy but the penalty was legit, and rodwell (who i still have no idea played or is anywhere neard city's squad) gifted them a goal.

Penalty legit? LOL

Guess that means every handball in the penalty area is a penalty...

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyborg Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 pm

Se7en wrote:LOL poor Dortmund but the grit and steel from City gives them the draw

what grid and steel?

they were lucky!!

that hand ball call could have went either way. it definitely wasnt intentional

dortmund completely outplayed them, city had nothing not grit not nothing

Cyborg
Cyborg
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:02 pm

Dortmund played excellent football and tactically they were great as well, but for some reason they couldn't finish their chances. Yes, I know that "reason" is Joe Hart, but perhaps it had something to do with a lack of belief as well? Perhaps they didn't believe that they could snatch a win on city's turf?

I mean, if you look at the amount of high quality chances they had, they should have scored 4 goals at least.
Joe Hart was beasting it today, but that's no excuse for Dortmund to miss so many perfect opportunities.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:12 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:i wanted to win dortmund to win just as much as the next guy but the penalty was legit, and rodwell (who i still have no idea played or is anywhere neard city's squad) gifted them a goal.

Penalty legit? LOL

if he gains an advantage from blocking the ball, uh ya, it was in the box it blocked the path of the ball. penalty. whats the argument? that it was unintentional? so what? it was away from his body (not tucked in) and it stopped the ball.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:15 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

Penalty legit? LOL

if he gains an advantage from blocking the ball, uh ya, it was in the box it blocked the path of the ball. penalty. whats the argument? that it was unintentional? so what? it was away from his body (not tucked in) and it stopped the ball.

Well, since EVERY handball in the 18 yard box somewhat changes the ball's trajectory, does this mean that EVERY handball is a penalty?

PS. Seriously, do you expect every defender to make tackles with their hands tucked in by their side?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:19 pm

are you retarded? did i say that EVERY handball is a penalty?

read, please.

i said his arm was not tucked in to his body. had his arm been tucked in, behind his back, or in some way not flailing in the wind it would be up for debate but since it was NOT tucked in and it blocked the path of the ball then it has to be a penalty its simple.

defenders know not to have their arms out like that when a cross comes through for that very reason.

with your logic if that isnt a handball- then what is if your arm is allowed to be out, changing the trajectory of the ball, and the ball hits the hand?

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Lewandowski missed multiple sitters, which is really not all that suprising asbhes been in terrible form lately. Gotze, Rus, and Gundogan put some beuaitufl shots on goal hut Joe Hart had the game of his life and only let one in, out of oved a dozen attempts on target. Also, i think that was a terrible handvall call. Yes his hand was outstretched somewhat, but he was so close that he couldnt get outbof the way in time . Thats clearly not intentional, plus it wasnt going anywhere anyways, so overall, the ref made a bad call in my opinion. Ans saying City actually deserved the draw is insulting to Dortmund. City had some good chances, but overall, Dortmund really took them to school.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:22 pm

thats why footballers tend to hide their hands behind their body in order to avoid touching the ball with the hand

didnt saw the insident but if it interrupted the flow of the ball and the defenders hands wasnt stuck in his body then its probably a pen

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:25 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:are you retarded? did i say that EVERY handball is a penalty?

read, please.

i said his arm was not tucked in to his body. had his arm been tucked in, behind his back, or in some way not flailing in the wind it would be up for debate but since it was NOT tucked in and it blocked the path of the ball then it has to be a penalty its simple.

defenders know not to have their arms out like that when a cross comes through for that very reason.

with your logic if that isnt a handball- then what is if your arm is allowed to be out, changing the trajectory of the ball, and the ball hits the hand?

notsureifserious

LOL do you expect all players to play with their hands tucked in by their sides at all times?

By the way, there is a thing in football called "ball to hand". It wasn't a penalty because the defender never had a chance to remove his hand from the path of the ball, since he was literally like 30 cm away from it.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:29 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:

read, please.

notsureifserious

LOL do you expect all players to play with their hands tucked in by their sides at all times?

By the way, there is a thing in football called "ball to hand". It wasn't a penalty because the defender never had a chance to remove his hand from the path of the ball, since he was literally like 30 cm away from it.

ya, you probably know the rules better than officials and pundits. Thumbs up

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:33 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

read, please.

notsureifserious

ya, you probably know the rules better than officials and pundits. Thumbs up

of course, football officials and pundits are always correct...

1. Did the defender move his hand towards the ball? No
2. Did the defender prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity? No.

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Mancini what a scrub.. They should have had a comfortable win.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:39 pm

so it has to prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity for it to be a handball?

you are confusing awarding a handball for awarding a red card.

it was a handball buddy, get over it. you dont have a grasp of the rules, you have no qualifications to justify your logic, and tbh youre not smart and i can tell. so this is my last response in this debate that was over long ago.

it was a penalty, get over it. 1 point. if you want to know why, go ahead and re read my posts as it might help your understanding of what a handball is.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:47 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:so it has to prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity for it to be a handball?

it was a handball buddy, get over it. you dont have a grasp of the rules, you have no qualifications to justify your logic, and tbh youre not smart and i can tell. so this is my last response in this debate that was over long ago.

it was a penalty, get over it. 1 point. if you want to know why, go ahead and re read my posts as it might help your understanding of what a handball is.

yes, it was a handball, but it wasn't a penalty. Not every handball in the penalty box is a penalty.

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

Page 67 of the document gives "additional information for referees, assistant referees and fourth officials".

It adds: "Referees are reminded that deliberately handling the ball is normally punished only by a direct free-kick or penalty kick if the offence occurred inside the penalty area.

"A caution or dismissal is not normally required."

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:57 pm

The ball is kicked against his arm, it's not intented so no penalty.

I don't know when the rule changed but as far as i'm concerned if it's ball to hand instead of hand to ball then it's not a pen.

Especially when it's kicked against him from touching distance ffs, how is he suppose to move his arm?

Anyway Dortmund should have won this by 4 or 5 goals and Gotze was fantastic i hope this does not come back to bit them on the backside.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:05 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:so it has to prevent a clear goal scoring opportunity for it to be a handball?

yes, it was a handball, but it wasn't a penalty. Not every handball in the penalty box is a penalty.

In Fifa's Laws of the Game 2005, Law 12 says a free-kick or penalty will be awarded if a player "handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)".

Page 67 of the document gives "additional information for referees, assistant referees and fourth officials".

It adds: "Referees are reminded that deliberately handling the ball is normally punished only by a direct free-kick or penalty kick if the offence occurred inside the penalty area.

to refer to something as intentional in this case the hand doesnt necessarily needs to be moving towards the ball
there is always the possibility of the hand being intentionally in that position in the first place in order to stop the flow of the ball

so he might still have "deliberately" handed the ball

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by bvb_11 Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 pm

'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread! - Page 3 A4S_PwvCIAA8CH1

'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread! - Page 3 A4TO9QyCEAAeFQE

I was really proud tonight!

Deserved just a point with all the chances missed. Now we HAVE to beat Manchester City at home and get a result with Madrid. Yay Neutral
bvb_11
bvb_11
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Ninis wrote:
Brady2Moss wrote:

to refer to something as intentional in this case the hand doesnt necessarily needs to be moving towards the ball
there is always the possibility of the hand being intentionally in that position in the first place in order to stop the flow of the ball

so he might still have "deliberately" handed the ball

Have you ever played football? If yes, did you usually play with your hands tucked in by your sides at all times?

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:25 pm

god i really hate using this but :facepalm:

no one is saying tuck your hands by your sides at all times. only during high risk of handball situations like crosses (what happened today) and freekicks.

i mean really if you have ever watched top league football you will see on almost every occasion defenders will put their hands behind their backs when defending crosses for this reason. and when they dont and it does hit their hand/arm 99 times out of 100 the ref will call it a hand ball

do they do this the whole match? no. obviously not.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by ELO Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:46 pm

does it really matter?
Dortmund was clearly the better team, City can be happy with that one point at home.
ELO
ELO
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:53 pm

bvb_11 wrote:

'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread! - Page 3 A4TO9QyCEAAeFQE

I was really proud tonight!

RESPECT!!! My respect for Dortmund just sky-rocketed. They have been my favorite team in Bundesliga for 4-5 years now and this is just an amazaing gesture :bow:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:05 am

Jammy *****. Can't believe they managed to salvage a draw, they should have lost convincingly. The amount of chances BVB wasted were unreal. Like comon, at this level, they need to be put away.

Never a penalty in a million years also. Can't stand City Evil or Very Mad But on a plus side, BVB should manage to advance judging by that performance. Hopefully sending City to the Europa cup.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Motogp69 Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:11 am

Not sure how Mancini still has a job, this is the one time I support the Mancini methold of hiring and firing.
Motogp69
Motogp69
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:27 am

Dortmund missed so many chances :facepalm:

i hope they won't regret it
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next