'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread!

+32
RED
juventus101
_LMG_10_
VanDeezNuts
McAgger
Brady2Moss
ELO
pewpew
guest7
Cyborg
white_star
BAYERN_MUNICH
Bellabong
rwo power
halamadrid2
Art Morte
trle
Gil
Swanhends
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Margera
Kick
Valkyrja
VivaStPauli
RealGunner
Die Borussen
Potential
the xcx
Raptorgunner
Zealous
Onyx
bvb_11
36 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread! - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread!

Post by LeBéninois Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:27 am

Dortmund missed so many chances :facepalm:

i hope they won't regret it

LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread! - Page 4 Empty Re: 'Manchester City vs Borussia Dortmund' discussion thread!

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:31 am

dortmund at home will be an absolute force, they still have city and madrid to play at home so they are sure to get some points there.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by pewpew Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:34 am

If you don't think this was a penalty then you probably don't think Chelsea deserved a penalty against barca 09(eto, pique handball)

Subotic should have withdrawn his hand behind his back.

pewpew
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:35 am

Dortmund fans are so badass eco smile

I saw them at the City Centre today and I'm glad that I did. As for the game, sloppy finishing cost Dortmund the victory but they played City off the park. If things don't change then it's going to be a very different score line in Germany.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:36 am

The penalty was the right decision imo. It was such a harsh call but the ball did hit his arm and obstructed the ball's path.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:50 am

Great display of both goalkeepers. I felt highly entertained. cheers
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 04, 2012 12:55 am

You're such a tease. I would have preferred if both teams scored a couple more goals. Lord knows the game deserved some because it there was quality on show.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:19 am

Zealous wrote:You're such a tease. I would have preferred if both teams scored a couple more goals. Lord knows the game deserved some because it there was quality on show.
Isn't the GK's quality quality, too? Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:27 am

Of course but the atmosphere and the fans deserved more goals eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:50 am

As a matter of fact, I could have well lived with one goal less Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:13 am

That was ball to hand as his hands were already outstretched and he did not move his hand to the ball.

As per the current rules, when your hand is already outstretched, your hands are assumed to be your body and it is not penalty in such a case as far as i remember. Look up the rules guys.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:35 am

that just doesnt hold up considering has there ever been a case where a players arm was stretched out, came into contact with the ball, changed the path of the ball and not been called a handball?

also in that line of thinking defenders would keep their arms stretched out when defending crosses all the time because if "your hands are assumed to be your body" when already stretched out.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:40 am

vanDEEZ wrote:that just doesnt hold up considering has there ever been a case where a players arm was stretched out, came into contact with the ball, changed the path of the ball and not been called a handball?

also in that line of thinking defenders would keep their arms stretched out when defending crosses all the time because if "your hands are assumed to be your body" when already stretched out.

It is a new rule VanDEEZ. It was specifically mentioned that it was changed just one or two years back. I may be wrong, so if someone else can look it up and confirm that would be great.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 am

rwo power wrote:As a matter of fact, I could have well lived with one goal less Razz

Haha, well you obviously look at the game from a keeper's perspective. I have a friend like that. Instead of enjoying the champions league final, he yells at the keeper for being 1cm off position for the whole 90 minute match lol

What did you think of Joe Hart's performance? Can he be considered Elite level similar to Neuer now?

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:45 am

New rule or not kiranr at the end of the day it's a decision made at the referees discretion. I personally think the call was a harsh one but I can't say it's definitely not a penalty.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:33 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:What did you think of Joe Hart's performance? Can he be considered Elite level similar to Neuer now?
Well, in this game I was pretty much impressed by him, although you could say that this time he had the same dubious "luck" as Manuel Neuer had when he played for Schalke in the CL against ManUtd. Joe Hart's defense was so shambolic that he had to be alert from the first second to the last and this helps a GK to keep up a top notch performance during a whole match. Of course he needs to have a solid basis for that, too, but if a GK is "shot warm" as we say in German, he has it easier to continue at high level.

Can he be considered elite level? Well, I don't watch every single match of ManCity, but in the ones I watched, he didn't look too bad.

On the other hand, so far he didn't manage even a single match with a clean sheet this season, and the teams ManCity played so far were Southampton, Liverpool, QPR, Stoke, Arsenal, and Fulham, so not even the teams with the top attacks, bar maybe Arsenal. Still ManCity conceded 1.3 goals/match so far in the PL and 2 goals/match in the CL. I think if he manages to repeat a performance like yesterday on a slightly more regular basis, then yes, but for now he needs to work on his consistency.

One thing is for sure though: for once England has a pretty good GK for their NT again and not the usual "fly catcher" as in recent years.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:00 pm

I can't wait for Dortmund to play Madrid.

At hindsight, being in this group serves Dortmund very well - they are getting a huge amount of exposure from being in this group, and if they repeat their performance or some semblance of it they're going to gain quite a few fans - especially those looking to bandwagon the Buli and not Bayern.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:11 pm

Phritz wrote:I can't wait for Dortmund to play Madrid.

At hindsight, being in this group serves Dortmund very well - they are getting a huge amount of exposure from being in this group, and if they repeat their performance or some semblance of it they're going to gain quite a few fans - especially those looking to bandwagon the Buli and not Bayern.

They don't need more fans, they got the 2nd best fans in the world after Liverpool, IMO

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:17 pm

rwo power wrote:
_LMG_10_ wrote:What did you think of Joe Hart's performance? Can he be considered Elite level similar to Neuer now?
Well, in this game I was pretty much impressed by him, although you could say that this time he had the same dubious "luck" as Manuel Neuer had when he played for Schalke in the CL against ManUtd. Joe Hart's defense was so shambolic that he had to be alert from the first second to the last and this helps a GK to keep up a top notch performance during a whole match. Of course he needs to have a solid basis for that, too, but if a GK is "shot warm" as we say in German, he has it easier to continue at high level.

Can he be considered elite level? Well, I don't watch every single match of ManCity, but in the ones I watched, he didn't look too bad.

On the other hand, so far he didn't manage even a single match with a clean sheet this season, and the teams ManCity played so far were Southampton, Liverpool, QPR, Stoke, Arsenal, and Fulham, so not even the teams with the top attacks, bar maybe Arsenal. Still ManCity conceded 1.3 goals/match so far in the PL and 2 goals/match in the CL. I think if he manages to repeat a performance like yesterday on a slightly more regular basis, then yes, but for now he needs to work on his consistency.

One thing is for sure though: for once England has a pretty good GK for their NT again and not the usual "fly catcher" as in recent years.

I thought you would rate his performance higher. This was a huge, high profile match against the German champions who were so motivated.

Granted, he did have some luck, but I think he created his own luck by making some big saves. Strikers often get intimidated when a goalkeeper continually makes saves, and it creates a mental block for them, and they start missing the target. Somehow I felt this was the case when Messi missed the penalty against Cech. But Dortmund also got some good shots ON the target as well, which Hart saved so it wasn't just luck.

IMO, he not only salvaged a point for ManCity, he also saved them from embarassment.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 pm

rwo power wrote:

What? How is a GKs performance quantified by the amount of clean sheets? To an extent it is but the rest is incidental. The competition in the PL is stronger than BL for instance where Neuer is literally sitting and doing nothing while Hart is bombarded shot after shot in suffering the ramifications of City's poor performance. Consistency is one of his strongest feats as he has been doing this for just about more than 3 years and has saved his teams rear countless times and won them the title last year. His performances can be quantified by match performances (especially in big games) and not by arithmetic.

He is comfortably elite level as I would hands down rate him Top 3 GK in Europe at the moment.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4