Should Chelsea be looking to sell Cole?

5 posters

Go down

Should Chelsea be looking to sell Cole? Empty Should Chelsea be looking to sell Cole?

Post by Kick Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:32 pm

In January he will have 6 months remaining on his contract and due to our new Policy we will only give him a 1 year extension.

Should nothing be agreed upon by them would you be willing to sell him, I believe we could get ~£5m for him and won't have to worry about a replacement as Bertrand is very much ready to step up and PVA can be recalled as back up. PVA is doing quite well in Holland and could be finally ready to play for us.

The other thing to consider is Coles current contract does not affect FFP but any contract he signs will. This means we will be losing money in terms of FFP while £5m and a decent £100k+ salary could be saved if we sell him.

Thoughts? I think if we don't he will retire here. He does seem to love the club. My only question is how much longer can he keep his form?
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Should Chelsea be looking to sell Cole? Empty Re: Should Chelsea be looking to sell Cole?

Post by Shed Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:30 pm

Absolutely not. A few points:

1. First of all, there's no confirmation or even slight indication whatsoever from the club that this 1 year limit on contract extensions for over-30 players exists at all. The only place any talk of this even comes from is journalistic hacks like Harry Harris pulling made up crap out of his ass.

2. Cole is only 31, and is still one of the best left-backs in the world. He's never injured, never needs a rest, and still has several good years left in him.

3. Last, and most important in my opinion, Bertrand may be able to step in and replace Cole the player, but Cole the experienced elder in the squad is simply irreplaceable at this point. We've already shipped out ALOT of experience in the last 12 months. The last thing we need is to be letting even more of it go. His experience in big matches, tough moments and rough patches, as well as his pedigree and leadership at the training ground for the younger players to look up to and learn off of is priceless. You can't put a pricetag on that, and letting all of it go for a £5m pittance (which we'd likely not get anyway, as any suitors would most likely just wait til the summer and snap him up for free) would be sheer lunacy.

He, along with Lampard, NEED to be kept. If not, Chelsea could and will end up as Arsenal Mark 2.
Shed
Shed
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Should Chelsea be looking to sell Cole? Empty Re: Should Chelsea be looking to sell Cole?

Post by iNFINITY9910 Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:53 pm

^^
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:09 pm

Fair enough. I had heard rumours we were thinking about it and it deserved a topic.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 pm

and who exactly would we be selling to anyway?
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:09 pm

Bore off.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:09 pm

fatman123 wrote:and who exactly would we be selling to anyway?

Ancelotti has expressed interest. They need a LB. He could always go to Anzi or a rich club somewhere else too.

I don't want it to happen, I just wanted opinions.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:31 pm

Kick wrote:

Ancelotti has expressed interest. They need a LB. He could always go to Anzi or a rich club somewhere else too.

Delete this thread already! Mad
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:05 pm

Gil wrote:
Kick wrote:

Delete this thread already! Mad

Laughing
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum