Funkentelechy
elitedam
Ganso
Catracho
McLewis
50 posters

Page 32 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38 ... 44  Next

Go down

Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú - Page 32 Empty Re: Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú

Post by Catracho Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 pm

elitedam wrote:Our squad is too thin though. Last game, due to suspensions, we had to play bumbling Elias, a terrified and useless Andre Bahia, and grandpa Renato and error prone Marcelo Mattos together in the middle. We'll only challenge if we manage to stay injury free for the next five months.

Our youngsters have stepped up immensely though. Gabriel, Doria, and Vitinho are vital parts of our team now. Vitinho especially is going to be a huge talent once he improves his decision making.

Corinthians has been on a surge lately. They're definitely a team to look out for.
Yea but its gotten you this far!! btw whats your thoughts on the vandalism of the statues at E Engenhao?

Sadly this is a normal occurrence in Brazi, as we have no respect for anything Sad

Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú - Page 32 0808thiagolara044

Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú - Page 32 Empty Re: Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú

Post by Catracho Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:47 pm

btw ex-Dinamo Kiev's, Betao, has joined Ponte Preta. Nice signing to replace Cleber.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dortmund

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:51 pm

btw the mighty Sao Paulo are currently languishing in 19th place after falling to Portuguesa 2-1 last night..

I think they are the biggest candidates to relegate this season..Can you imagine the amount of celebration and chaos that will happen in Sao Paulo if Os Bambis relegate??? omg omg omg.. I'd probably celebrate it harder than when Corinthians won E Copa Libertadores!!
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Doria has been a beast for us. Even last year he showed a lot of composure for an 18 year old kid and this year he's improved massively. He's athletic, good in the air, and reads the game well. He has a decent touch for a CB although sometimes his long passing can be erratic. His development from last year has been really impressive and I hope he continues to improve. He's still a bit raw so I'm not sure if he can start right away for a top European side.

As for the statues, it's embarrassing really but nothing out ordinary for us Brasilians. It's a damn shame.

I can't believe Sao Paulo is still struggling in the relegation zone with the team they have. What the hell happened to them? Still, they have 25 more games to play so I don't see them getting relegated.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:48 pm

Well, that was boring. Credit to the Swiss though, I guess.

Wouldn't it have made more since to experiment a bit more since this was completely meaningless? Rafael, Fernandinho, Coutinho, Lucas, and others could have been given a look but instead we get a lethargic effort from the same group that won the Confed Cup.

A waste of time.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:04 am

:facepalm: 

This is the third game (out of 14 so far) where we've surrendered the lead on the last minute of stoppage time.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:35 pm

Doria showing his inexperience last night.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:34 pm

Yeah, but Vitinho was awesome though. He'll be gone next year.Sad 
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:57 pm

Antonio Carlos finalized his move to SP. Which is kind of embarrassing for them when you think about it.

The Maracana administrators have decided to lower ticket prices after seeing the section of seats they're responsible for completely empty. Their previous ticket prices were obviously not feasible.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:05 am

Renato Abreu signs for Santos.. lmao wow.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:22 am

Vitinho.. its only a matter of time before we see you on the NT!!!!

Man.. theres going to be a lot of spots up for grabs this season.. Sandro, Lucas Leiva, Fernandinho, Willian, Coutinho in midfield..

How I wish we had this sort of depth in forward and on the wingback positions..
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:25 am

btw Call-ups for the Brazilian NT for the Portugal friendly in Foxboro Mass. Some surprised like Henrique of O Verdao Laughing, Ramires returns to the NT as so does Fernando of Shakhtar and MAICON.. lmao.. wtf.

GOALKEEPERS: Julio Cesar (Queens Park Rangers), Jefferson (Botafogo)

DEFENDERS: Daniel Alves (Barcelona), Maicon (Roma), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Maxwell (Paris Saint-Germain), Thiago Silva (Paris Saint-Germain), David Luiz (Chelsea), Dante (Bayern Munich), Henrique (Palmeiras)

MIDFIELDERS: Fernando (Shaktar Donetsk), Hernanes (Lazio), Luiz Gustavo (Wolfsburg), Paulinho (Tottenham), Ramires (Chelsea), Oscar (Chelsea), Lucas (Paris Saint-Germain), Bernard (Shakhtar Donetsk)

FORWARDS: Neymar (Barcelona), Fred (Fluminense), Hulk (Zenit Saint Petersburg), Jo (Atletico Mineiro)

Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:58 am

I hope Vitinho doesn't get selected for the NT until the Brasileirao is over. We're already getting screwed with Jefferson having to miss games. If we lost Vitinho at the same time it'll be a huge loss.

I would love to see Fernandinho from Manc City get a chance. I think he's our most talented volante.

I have no idea what Felipao is thinking with the Maicon call up. I would much rather he test out Rafael.

And he needs to stop with this JO BS. Anybody else would suffice.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:32 pm

Such as who?? Damiao? lol Damiao hasn't been the same since his injury.. dudes been garbage.

Rafael is injured last I read.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:05 pm

Yeah, I just read about Rafael's injury.

Anybody would be better than Jo. This guy is pure garbage with no upside. Pick someone else from our crop of mediocre forwards. Diego Costa, Leo Baptistao, hell even Damiao. Anybody would do.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:05 am

elitedam wrote:Yeah, I just read about Rafael's injury.

Anybody would be better than Jo. This guy is pure garbage with no upside. Pick someone else from our crop of mediocre forwards. Diego Costa, Leo Baptistao, hell even Damiao. Anybody would do.
Problem is none of them have been clinical like Jo... Jo played a pretty big part off the bench in our Confed Cup run despite being really bad lol.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:24 am

Nílton de Sordi died yesterday, while Gylmar dos Santos Neves has just died, both played in the 1958 WC, Gylmar also was in 1962 and 1966 squads.

De Sordi played mostly for São Paulo while Gylmar played for Corinthians and Santos.

Only nine 1958 WC players haven't died yet: Bellini, Dino Sani, Pelé, Zagallo, Mazzola, Zito, Pepe, Moacir and Nílton Santos
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:28 pm

So Deco finally retired lol
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:48 pm

Sooooo... Botafogo sold Vitinho to CSKA for 10 million euros!!

scratch :facepalm: 

Theres goes any shot of him with the Brazilian NT.. btw CSKA triggered his release clause.. LMAO @ his release clause valuing at 10 million euros.. LMAO BOTAFOGO IS A JOKE INSTITUTION!!
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:04 am

Soooo Porto has made a last minute bid for Vitinho.. They also triggered Botafogo's release clause.

Apparently Porto will let him stay with Botafogo till December.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:47 am

Wow. There are no words.

We just lost the Brasileirao.

In two years Porto or CSKA will sell him for 40 mil.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:55 pm

SOOOO Vitinho has chosen..... dun dun dun.. CSKA Moscow over FC Porto.

Vitinho chose CSKA over Porto because CSKA's offer blew Porto's out the water in regards to salary.. so Vitinho basically chased the money.

I doubt he'll be resold for 40 mil in Eastern Europe.. ONLY TWO BRAZILIANS has been resold from Eastern Europe for mega money.. they are.. Elano and Fernandinho.. both from Shakhtar.. and both to Man City.. Elano flopped while Fernandinho looks like he'll succeed at the ripe age of 28...

Vitinho as an undeveloped gem, while most likely be homesick in Russia, and flop afterwards into obscurity.. he'll be remembered for a player who could've been a great had he stayed in Brazil, but will ultimately probably join some team in Brazil in the prime of his life that will stave off relegation like Criciuma or Bahia.

Lets be serious.. he won't reach full potential in freakin Russia and he won't also be on the NT's radar.. good luck to him, but this will not end good for him.
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:14 pm

Brasileirão Futebol Thread: Sponsored by Itaú - Page 32 Muro_generalseveriano-thiagobenevenutte-3
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by elitedam Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:52 pm

I think he's too talented to fail like that.

I agree going to Russia now is an incredibly short sighted move for him. He's only had a few months of good football and he was improving so quickly but he decided to throw all that away for... what exactly?

Apparently, he had three choices. He could have stayed with us after being given a huge raise and he would probably be sold next year, gone to Porto, or gone to CSKA. I could understand if he chose Porto because that would be a massive help to his career (not to mention a lot more money as well) but he chose to go to Russia. A completely different climate, different culture, and a step backwards football wise.

But, I think he has too much talent not to recover. He has crazy dribbling, an awesome long range shot, tracks back to help in defense, and he was showing significant improvement in his passing range.

We'll see.
elitedam
elitedam
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:02 pm

Ney Franco the new coach of Vitoria.. lol

Corinthians destroy Flamengo!!! We might just be able to win the league.. I really hate Cruzeiro lol.

btw Pato finally showing up.. a few more rounds like that and he might earn a call-up over Jo!
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Catracho Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:05 pm

Now Henrique is leaving Botafogo to join Real Madrid's B team on a loan deal with option to buy.

lol
Catracho
Catracho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 44 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 38 ... 44  Next