Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Arsenal Rumours Thread Empty Re: Arsenal Rumours Thread

Post by Peccadillo Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:43 pm

srigooner wrote:
Peccadillo wrote:I imagine he will be just be patient and stay. Xavi isn't getting any younger and he knows that.

Agree with this to an extent Mick. The fact is, Cesc is miles away from Xavi in playing that role. And Barca can not play a system which lets Cesc shine unless they move Messi to the wing and play an out and out striker up top, with Cesc operating between the AM and SS positions (otherwise known in goonerdom as 'The Cesc Role') - yeah that ain't happening.

He can't replace Iniesta either. And then there is this bunch of youth who are tailor made for those roles. Ofcourse, Cex can adapt his game to suit Barca formation more, but then he would be sacrificing what he is really WC at to learn something that was never one of his strengths.

Yeah but wouldn't Barca need to adapt their style once Xavi is past it anyway? Given he is such an integral part of their system. I can't think of too many players who could fulfil that role better than Cesc.. despite it not being his strongest position.

I hope your right.. Not for his sake as no one wants to see a WC player on the bench, but if there's even a remote possiblity of a return our line up would be salavating.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Peccadillo wrote:
srigooner wrote:
Peccadillo wrote:I imagine he will be just be patient and stay. Xavi isn't getting any younger and he knows that.

Agree with this to an extent Mick. The fact is, Cesc is miles away from Xavi in playing that role. And Barca can not play a system which lets Cesc shine unless they move Messi to the wing and play an out and out striker up top, with Cesc operating between the AM and SS positions (otherwise known in goonerdom as 'The Cesc Role') - yeah that ain't happening.

He can't replace Iniesta either. And then there is this bunch of youth who are tailor made for those roles. Ofcourse, Cex can adapt his game to suit Barca formation more, but then he would be sacrificing what he is really WC at to learn something that was never one of his strengths.

Yeah but wouldn't Barca need to adapt their style once Xavi is past it anyway? Given he is such an integral part of their system. I can't think of too many players who could fulfil that role better than Cesc.. despite it not being his strongest position.

I hope your right.. Not for his sake as no one wants to see a WC player on the bench, but if there's even a remote possiblity of a return our line up would be salavating.

Last I heard from Barca fans, they had youngsters who could do a much better job at replacing Xavi than Cesc could ever do, no matter how much he evolved/adapted. There might be a tinge of Cex-hate mixed in that sentiment, but I am tempted to agree.

Wenger envisaged the 'Cesc Role' with 2 midfielders behind him because there was no way Cesc could play deeper effectively. We all know how much he sucks while defending.

I think this realization was a part of the reason why AW deployed Ramsey and Jack deeper - to teach them those aspects while they could still learn it at a younger age. Jack soaked them up like a sponge. Same can be said about the pre-injury Ramsey.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:03 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:Cesc's love for Barcelona won't override his common sense. If he continues to struggle to find a spot in the team and form, then he'll leave Barcelona. It might not necessarily be back to us, but I highly doubt he would stay at Barcelona whilst being in the position he's in now.
if he moves Barca should get a mega money from the likes of PSG, Anzhi, Chelsea, etc.. i remember that they will have to give us 50% of the money.. so they will have to sell him for a minimum of 40million+....
But practically, they can avoid complicated transfers and sell him back to us for 20 million... :bow:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:09 pm

Wilson37 wrote:
GoonerJay29 wrote:Cesc's love for Barcelona won't override his common sense. If he continues to struggle to find a spot in the team and form, then he'll leave Barcelona. It might not necessarily be back to us, but I highly doubt he would stay at Barcelona whilst being in the position he's in now.
if he moves Barca should get a mega money from the likes of PSG, Anzhi, Chelsea, etc.. i remember that they will have to give us 50% of the money.. so they will have to sell him for a minimum of 40million+....
But practically, they can avoid complicated transfers and sell him back to us for 20 million... :bow:

I think the sell-on clause is about 30%, not 50%. But I doubt it would matter because we have first refusal on the player as well.

Cex would not go to Chelsea or Manchesthair, no matter what the money. He is above the likes of Judas and Viera in this regard. Atleast, I would hope to think so.

Nor would he move to any other country, like Russia or France, because the leagues are not even close to the quality he has been used to playing in. The only option then, is Arsenal and England.

I would stick my neck out on this possibility, if I was convinced Cex would leave Barca someday. I very much doubt that happening in the next 3-4 years though. Stranger things have happened in football, ofcourse.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:24 pm

Arsenal is his only imaginable destination IF he were to leave Barca.

He wouldn't go anywhere else in La Liga. Ligue 1, Russia and Serie A are inferior leagues. As Sri said, I don't think he'd backstab us by going anywhere else in England so Arsenal or I guess somewhere in the Bundesliga are the only foreseeable destinations although why would he move to Germany when he loves Arsenal and knows it well?

So, yeah. Doubt he's leaving Barca anytime soon though.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:30 am

Everyone knows its not going to happen.. But all are getting excited.. Lol..
Hope Cesc screws his relation with Vilanova and he returns to his true home..Evil or Very Mad
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:38 am

Cesc relationship with Tits Vilanova never was good. Infact it was tits himself who was against at Pep for signing Cesc. Now as he has taken over the helm of barcelona, he has been benched accordingly. I dont blame him tho, he hardly fits any kind of position barca has offered him.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:59 am

"I cannot say I would be a great substitute. I like to play, and get minutes like everybody," Fabregas stated to Marca.

"But that doesn't mean I'm a bad team-mate. If I feel bad, I won't show it in front of my team-mates.

"We would all like to play more, but it is hard. I am playing for the best team in the world, though. I have come here to enjoy it and not let it get to my head. I'm really happy at this team.

"I'm not going to sit back and take it easy. If I don't get a chance, I'll carry on, carry on and carry on until things change. I came here with the intention of retiring at Barca."

-----------------------------------------

End of story.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:49 am

urbaNRoots wrote:"I cannot say I would be a great substitute. I like to play, and get minutes like everybody," Fabregas stated to Marca.

"But that doesn't mean I'm a bad team-mate. If I feel bad, I won't show it in front of my team-mates.

"We would all like to play more, but it is hard. I am playing for the best team in the world, though. I have come here to enjoy it and not let it get to my head. I'm really happy at this team.

"I'm not going to sit back and take it easy. If I don't get a chance, I'll carry on, carry on and carry on until things change. I came here with the intention of retiring at Barca."

End of story.

one year of sitting on the bench will change his mind trust me. and btw if cesc leaves barca, i only see him going to city or psg imo. i can also see him coming back to arsenal too, but i can see him going to the latter two clubs aswell.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:06 am

If he leaves i can't see him coming back here. City,Chelsea etc will offer Barca more for him
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:17 am

I told you it wouldn't take long for the papers and internet sites to start spreading rumors about Cesc's return to Arsenal. rofl

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120905/fabregas-opens-door-arsenal-return-180297?
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:23 am

urbaNRoots wrote:"I cannot say I would be a great substitute. I like to play, and get minutes like everybody," Fabregas stated to Marca.

End of story.

LOL, I heard that before players wanting to stay at club forever.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:26 am

Van Persie: "I cannot picture myself in another shirt." Joins Manchester United.

Things change rather quickly for footballers. Laughing

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:38 am

He's playing with Spain and Barcelona, getting good money and living his life at home.

Keep believing he's coming back Laughing

It's almost as bad as Pool fans believing that Xabi Alonso will come back next year Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by REWB Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:49 am

urbaNRoots wrote:He's playing with Spain and Barcelona, getting good money and living his life at home.

Keep believing he's coming back Laughing

It's almost as bad as Pool fans believing that Xabi Alonso will come back next year Laughing

no xabi is playing football and contributing to success. cesc is not.
REWB
REWB
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:03 am

That's why I said almost as bad, it's still bad Laughing
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:08 am

Cesc is suffering.

Podolski-Cesc-Cazorla :bow:
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 pm

Mirror: Arshavin could join one of three Russian clubs on Thursday (Deadline day of Russian window) -

Zenit St Petersburg, Dynamo Moscow & CSKA Moscow all want Arshavin. Arsenal will settle for a fee of around £1.5m.

http://bit.ly/Q8EAOH

SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:53 pm

If that is true all three are interested hopefully we get a bidding war and that increases closer to the 5mil
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:58 pm

I doubt anything happening to be honest. Both these chaps are listed in our CL squad.

Btw, anyone else notice our squad for CL on lol.com? They included Squid and forgot Sagna! Laughing

No seriously, we ought to show some more love for Sagna. Most under-appreciated first team player.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:05 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Mirror: Arshavin could join one of three Russian clubs on Thursday (Deadline day of Russian window) -

Zenit St Petersburg, Dynamo Moscow & CSKA Moscow all want Arshavin. Arsenal will settle for a fee of around £1.5m.

I hope he stays, we need him.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:11 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Samuelj29060 wrote:Mirror: Arshavin could join one of three Russian clubs on Thursday (Deadline day of Russian window) -

For what?
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:19 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

For what?

So my 2010-2011 Arshavin jersey doesn't become obsolete.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:24 pm

lenear1030 wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:

For what?

I think he still has something offer us incase of injuries, and plus Gervinho going to African Cup.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next