"Madrid are the better team" - discuss the article

+4
FennecFox7
eelir
Donuts
billy_gr
8 posters

Go down

"Madrid are the better team" - discuss the article Empty "Madrid are the better team" - discuss the article

Post by billy_gr Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:53 am

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/10/08/3433911/barcelona-may-well-win-la-liga-but-real-madrid-are-becoming?source=breakingnews

ok I don't usually take stuff like this into account, nor have I posted Goal.com articles here. But what's your opinion on this article. From my point of view the writter has completely disregarded that we drawed them with with a completely experimental defencce while they shouldn't have eneded the game with 11 players (arbeloa at least should have seen 2 yellows). all in all the best they could get was a draw while we had 0 regular defenders in our backiline.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

"Madrid are the better team" - discuss the article Empty Re: "Madrid are the better team" - discuss the article

Post by Donuts Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:01 am

Donuts wrote:I love this thread why do the last 5 matches count only?
Lets count this season and the last shall we?

Draw at super copa
Win for Barcelona 2nd leg of supercopa
Win for Barcelona *league*
Win for Barcelona Copa Del Rey first leg
Draw second leg
Loss for Barcelona at Camp Nou *league*
Win for Barcelona 1st leg super copa
Loss for Barcelona second leg
Draw
So by my count 4 wins 2 losses 2 draws
Barcelona are better ./end thread
My quote on the general discussion thread, lately Barcelona has been unlucky with injuries, and if we manage to have that record with a basically no starters in the backline I say were better in full strength and even at the moment without Pique, Puyol, Dani Alve, Abidal.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

"Madrid are the better team" - discuss the article Empty Re: "Madrid are the better team" - discuss the article

Post by eelir Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:12 am

billy, news has to sell. Barca is an old news, and they need something new to get the readers to the web page. I mean we all know that this draw in some ways seams like a win. I just wish we can make at least next two clasicos with full and fit squad, and then we see who is better.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 pm

We're still not better. The main reason is the lack of cutting edge, along with very easy weaknesses to exploit. I still hold however we can become better then barcelona.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:46 am

If Madrid were on their day against that defense we displayed on paper, they would seriously rape us and then people could confidently say they are better than Barca. However, they didn't and they didn't look overconvincing against us as a whole in the SuperCopa. The finishing has been terrible. No matter who they play as centreforward, Benz or Huagain can't finish and they look invisible (Benz wasn't invisble last night though his finishing has average...). Madrid are slowly getting the better than us.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:56 am

The Sanchez wrote:Madrid are slowly getting the better than us.

so what makes you think that?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:37 am

I would say MAdrid are getting better, but they still have much to prove to be called better than us.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:53 am

How can you be better based on draws?

Simply because they arent getting beat 5 nil anymore they are better?

And if you dont want to go on results, but how the games are played its just as simple. Madrid have an early spell where they do well (they are at their best physically early of course) and we look unsteady, usually with makeshift players..then we take control over the game while they threaten on the counter. The end is open and both sides have chances to win.

Its repeatable and its the pattern of most games between the two. I dont see how you can come to conclusion Madrid, or Barca in fact, are better.

To me, this article reads like...they arent getting destroyed anymore so they are better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:22 pm

I find the argument presented to be very flimsy. Not as motivated, Real look more lively, they've only lost one in the last 5 games (never-mind the fact that they drew 2), etc. They're not based on footballing rationale and are not convincing. Barca and Madrid are likely to see each other off in 2 or 3 competitions this year, the winner of the most of those will be better this season on my book.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FCBarça Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:08 pm

Goal[dot]com is shite, might as well post Bleacherreport 'articles'
FCBarça
FCBarça
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:54 pm

FCBarça wrote:Goal[dot]com is shite, might as well post Bleacherreport 'articles'

Kizz rofl
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum