the xcx
rwo power
Swanhends
Gil
Great Leader Sprucenuce
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Wonga Renames Newcastle's Stadium As St James' Park From Next Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonga Renames Newcastle's Stadium As St James' Park From Next Season

Post by Art Morte Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:51 pm

Can't say I'm okay with companies like Wonga, but as long as you play by the rules (the law) it's not really your fault. Up to the authorities to change the regulations.

It's a little like in video games when you find ways to "fool" the AI; you know it isn't like the game designers meant the scene to be, but you still take advantage of the loophole. You can do it even if it's not morally right.

Also Mole had a valid point about gambling and alcohol brand sponsors; they cannot be perceived as actually doing the world of good for you.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Wonga Renames Newcastle's Stadium As St James' Park From Next Season - Page 2 Empty Re: Wonga Renames Newcastle's Stadium As St James' Park From Next Season

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:22 pm

Wait, 4000% p.a.? 0.0
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:22 pm

I don't condone what Wonga do, far from it.

But football lost it's moral compass a long time ago, so why anyone gives a shit now is beyond me.

No one cared after all these other dodgy companies got involved with football teams.

Infact is the premier league not sponsored by Barclays? a company found guilt of interest rate rigging in which they was fined £290 million.

And are Liverpool not sponsored by Standard Chartered? a company who operate in similar ways to Wonga except the interest rates are lower and the loans are based over the long term which is why the interest rates are lower and was they not involved with overseas money laundering?

At the end of the day they both expect thier money back and then some from the loans they provide.

Not that bothered what people do, it's getting the best deal possible for said club but most of these companies that sponsor football clubs are far from squeaky clean and have a history of shady dealing.

Not certain why there is such a massive fuss made of this and as i said football lot it's moral compass years ago and people want to bring up morals again?

Not going to wash with me, also i found an article on this exact subject which i enjoyed.....

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/newcastle-wonga-com-an-idiots-guide-to-morality-in-football/
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2