Raptorgunner
Wilson37
SamuelJayC
LeBéninois
13 posters

Go down

Michael Arteta is our true captain  Empty Michael Arteta is our true captain

Post by LeBéninois Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:50 pm

Michael Arteta is our true captain  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUjbHMdVs-q3XWlitBXMBGkCDN-yd2PjUer6zsmTi4Ru5ZJp9Tbw

HE has been doing very well since joining us and this season his % of passes completed is very high but
what really struck me is that I FEEL SAFE when he is on the pitch , either we are leading or (most importantly)
when we are losing. It looks like he will never give up and give all and thus the team will follow. I know Verminator is the captain but the true leader is Arteta imo

ps: He deserves a better thread than what i've done

LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Michael Arteta is our true captain  Empty Re: Michael Arteta is our true captain

Post by SamuelJayC Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:02 pm

Cazorla: "Arteta is a real leader. I was surprised at the level of respect he commanded in the dressing room when I first arrived."

"When Arteta talks, the team listens. Everyone considers him the captain of Arsenal. He's a leader."

"I seriously wonder how Arteta has never been capped by Spain. He has played some wonderful seasons recently."

hmm
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Michael Arteta is our true captain  Empty Re: Michael Arteta is our true captain

Post by Wilson37 Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:17 pm

probably true...
individually the most important player in the team atm..
we have seen how we play when he is injured... he keeps things simple and avoids risks.. neat and calm in possession.. good tackler and ballwinner.. some good through balls and assists and not to forget his occasional long rangers..
i am sure at the time of signing, none would have thought that he would be so influential in our team.. many saw him as a injury prone playmaker in his late 20s who would struggle to replace Cesc.. but Wenger saw things differently.. :bow:
and i'm sure he too will be very grateful to Arsenal for giving him a bigger stage in his career.. he would have ended his career playing for some midtable teams without attracting much attention.. now he has a chance to be an Arsenal legend, in such a short time, worshipped by millions of people across the world...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:20 pm

There is not much we can do to repay what he has done for us is such short time. Always have been a fan of Arteta and when I found out he was a Gunner I was so happy and I knew he would be great for us. I know Arteta dream was to play for Span, but coming to Arsenal is as good for him imo, and I hope one day he gets the call he has been waiting for.

If we win EPL or CL he will become an Arsenal legend.Michael Arteta is our true captain  Mikel-arteta_2349454b
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:45 pm

agree. with no disrespect to vermaelen though.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:50 pm

Well remember when we use to win things, we had several Captain like figures in the starting 11. Adams Keown Dixon Vieira ,Bergkamp all were captain materials and played together! We then had, Vieira, Gilberto, Cole, Lehman, Henryand Bergkamp

That was the man dif between the arsenal teams of the past that use to win, and arsenal team of the recent past that never won shit.

So maybe having several captain like figures is in the dressing room is the result of our change in mentality during tough games like the ones we have had recently (West ham, Man city, Montpolier).
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:54 pm

Benin my friend, his name is Mikel Razz

As much as I praise Vermaelen's pure leadership and commitment to Arsenal I am not finding myself surprised by these recent comments. Bar his Sociedad year, at PSG, Rangers, and of course at Everton he has been commented as their most influential persona and leader on and off the field. Such kind of leadership is heavily taught and focused on in Basque academies as the nicknames for positions like his are the Liderra's or more informally, the Lehandikari. Which essentially summarizes as "The Respected One" Or the "Silent Leader".

I will not be my typical Basque self and undermind Vermaelen's wonderful command and leadership yet Arteta has long been a leader dominantly of his teams.

Espana call-up? Comes down to politics as Mikel is a staunch Basque separatist and couldn't care less about Espana call up as he plies his trade for the Basque Selekzioa.

I'd call this Arsenal relationship very very similar to Gerrard-Carra of Liverpool

Vermaelen is Carra or more recently like Agger. Pure general of the backline and wears his heart on sleeve.

Gerrard is Arteta in his introspective nature but supreme leadership of the field and general play. Natural leader.

Gattuso once said: "Pirlo barely speaks but when he does, the whole room goes silent and listens to every word. Arteta's leadership is also similar to Pirlo.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:04 pm

Arquitecto wrote:

Espana call-up? Comes down to politics as Mikel is a staunch Basque separatist and couldn't care less about Espana call up as he plies his trade for the Basque Selekzioa.

Wow that explains a lot! well Spain's loss is Arsenal's gain i suppose! I still wish he got more recognition than he gets.
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:19 pm

we should be grateful to him, if we hadnt signed him last season we would have gone off the rails, no way way we would have got in the champions league without him, then we wouldnt have been able to get cazorla ect, we would be in deep trouble if it werent for arteta.

As for getting a spain call up, there are simply better players there than him, i dont agree about him being unfairly treated, there are just too many great midfielders in spain
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:29 pm

i heard somewhere that arteta declined the captaincy
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:19 pm

Definitely would be an awesome Arsenal captain IMO. Just look at the man.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:25 pm

Oohhh !what about Vermaelen guys !! isn't he our Captain currently ? Me- nothing heard " Sleep " or the title is confusing me !lol

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:53 am

I like the dynamics of our captain and vice captain. Vermaelen being the passionate captain to rally the troops whilst Arteta is more like a midfield general, seeing the game and dictating it through his play, allowing everyone else to feed off of him and adapt to how he changes the game.

Easily our most important player, hope he stays until he retires.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:05 pm

Apart from him, there are other players who can be leaders if they start speaking. Sagna and Koscielny for example, should do a bit more when it comes to leading from the back. Koscielny never speaks and Sagna is always shrugging is shoulders instead of taking responsibility.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:34 pm

Kos and Sagna won't change
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down