McAgger
RedOranje
Art Morte
Helmer
Red Alert
36 posters

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by RedOranje Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:07 am

The lad really should have pushed for a permanent move, for the sake of his career.

He's simply not going to make it with Liverpool and it's best for both parties if he's sold, IMO.

RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The January Transfer Window 2013 - Page 18 Empty Re: The January Transfer Window 2013

Post by Fahim89 Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:44 pm

Sneijder to Gala done!

Ahh well it was fun while it lasted Razz
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Fahim89 wrote:Sneijder to Gala done!

Ahh well it was fun while it lasted Razz

PHEW.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:59 pm

So it's 10 days left in the window, do you guys think we will still sign someone or not? What about do you think anyone will leave?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Coutinho :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:20 pm

Art Morte wrote:So it's 10 days left in the window, do you guys think we will still sign someone or not? What about do you think anyone will leave?

We won't sign anyone as I'm not one to believe a single one of these fictitious rumours until one of them has a solid foundation beneath to support the claims.

There just isn't enough movement within the transfer mercato to solidify the strut in having us believe we will go for someone.

I would have gone for a rotational Defensive Midfielder but that's about it but so far I'm satisfied with the market given that I know where to keep the meniscus of expectations of what we can and cannot afford.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:55 pm

Liverpool and Coutinho are hopeful it will happen.The player is very excited about move! Fee close to be agreed but not yet- Guillem Balague
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:58 pm

Nishank wrote:Coutinho :facepalm:

Why the fp.

Sure its a bit of a gamble, but he's a talented young player. If the quoted price of 8 million is true, I say go for it.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:26 pm

I've never seen Coutinho play. Can he play in the wing or is he purely a CAM? A winger would be more important.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:46 pm

He's a CAM. Not sure whether is has played as a winger.

I think he could potentially play there. I don't really see him as a player who will hug the touchline though and get to the byline. More of an inside forward, cutting in on either foot. Can beat a player handy enough and an eye for goal.

Not sure now with the latest Moratti comment.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm

From what (little) I have seen and what I've read Coutinho is a bit like Suso. He's a CAM who can also play as a just behind a striker (unlikely to happen at LFC) and as a creative wide attacker. He's got a few more tricks and a bit more pace than Suso and more experience, but his passing range isn't quite as developed. He can come in and replace Downing/offer competition with the wide attackers as well as potentially being our #10 as he settles and grows.

However, I'm personally not sure how he'd adapt to the PL. It's cliché, but I feel as though he'll want too much time on the ball and may be a bit too lightweight for England. Also, I'm not personally convinced that a true #10 is what the team needs... especially not one that could very well take a while to settle and develop into an influential player in the Prem. He's not a target I'd be pursuing were I in-charge, but obviously I'm not and I can see why Rodgers would be interested.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:03 pm

Coutinho deal is very exciting. He's a tricky #10 like most of you pointed out but that''s his personal preference. From what I've seen most of the coaches have used him on the left side of the attack. Rafa used him there. At Espanyol, last season, he was used there. He can play as AM in the future but I think we're interested in him to fill the inside forward role. Also, I think his speed is quite underrated. The kid is very quick, and has immense ball control.

@Red, the lightweight thing is nonsesnse Red. You would've thought everyone would learn after the likes of Mata, Hazard, Silva.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm

As I specifically mentioned it's a cliché, McAgger.

However, every single one of those players mentioned had significantly more experience upon arrival than Coutinho would if he joined this window. They are all also, in my personal opinion, better overall players.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Coutinho deal is very exciting. He's a tricky #10 like most of you pointed out but that''s his personal preference. From what I've seen most of the coaches have used him on the left side of the attack. Rafa used him there. At Espanyol, last season, he was used there. He can play as AM in the future but I think we're interested in him to fill the inside forward role. Also, I think his speed is quite underrated. The kid is very quick, and has immense ball control.

@Red, the lightweight thing is nonsesnse Red. You would've thought everyone would learn after the likes of Mata, Hazard, Silva.

check the general section thread.

supposedly not going anywhere now. (or else just driving up price)
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:16 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1308581/marin-set-chelsea-loan?cc=5739

Chelsea’s Marko Marin could be set for a loan spell in a bid to resurrect his ailing international career with Germany.

Would be great to have him on loan until the end of the season.
Nothing in the article linking him with us, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:18 pm

Art Morte wrote:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1308581/marin-set-chelsea-loan?cc=5739

Chelsea’s Marko Marin could be set for a loan spell in a bid to resurrect his ailing international career with Germany.

No way! I watched our reserve game awhile back against Chelsea's reserves. Marin was playing for their reserves. We gave them a pounding, and Pacheco, Adorjan, and Yesil all looked much better than this guy. Really don't think we should waste out time on him when we have more talent waiting to break through.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:47 am

Sadly all has quite down in Red side of merseyside !!!!!!!!!!

Coutinho seems more & more unlikely! Ince is not being mentioned even!!
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:09 am

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Art Morte wrote:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1308581/marin-set-chelsea-loan?cc=5739

No way! I watched our reserve game awhile back against Chelsea's reserves. Marin was playing for their reserves. We gave them a pounding, and Pacheco, Adorjan, and Yesil all looked much better than this guy. Really don't think we should waste out time on him when we have more talent waiting to break through.

Marin has been a solid performer in Bundesliga for a number of years and is a Germany international, one reserve game should weight nothing when judging how good or bad he is. I'd welcome him with open arms on loan.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:30 am

There is no doubt that Marin is extremely talented player, who will be rotten at St. bridge because I am sure he wont get enough playing time. With Moses away, oscar is being selected ahead of him. I watched him when he had played for Werder Bremen, playing alongside özil and Aaron Hunt. He scored few imp goals and many assists. But I guess he is not what we need at this time, he is 23 now but still not fully developed so I am doubtful that he will take much time to add any value to our squad in this season. But in long term, a player like him can do wonders.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:42 pm

Glad we are not getting any of them, Coutinho or Ince. We can sort out the winger problem in the summer.

Borini, Downing, Assaidi?, Sterling looks enough firepower for this season, Unless you guys want instant results.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:02 pm

Well Coutinho or Ince won't be bringing instant results anyways.

The fact is though, we really need to do well this season in the league. No matter what you want to believe, Guardiola is a huge admirer of Luis, and without CL for next season I will have heart attacks every day of the summer.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:59 pm

Nishank wrote:Glad we are not getting any of them, Coutinho or Ince. We can sort out the winger problem in the summer.

Borini, Downing, Assaidi?, Sterling looks enough firepower for this season, Unless you guys want instant results.

Marin would solve the winger problem instantly - and then be off our books in the summer and we could look for a permanent solution. I'm just thinking that if there's a winger of Marin's caliber available on loan now in January, it would be perfect for us. No financial risk, instant solution, look again in the summer where we are.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Marin's caliber is nothing special. Assaidi is just as good ffs. Marin has not lived up to the promise he showed during his teenage years at BMG and early years at Werder. Much like Babel, only Babel had the physical aspects to play in PL, which Marin doesn't.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Marin's caliber is nothing special. Assaidi is just as good ffs. Marin has not lived up to the promise he showed during his teenage years at BMG and early years at Werder. Much like Babel, only Babel had the physical aspects to play in PL, which Marin doesn't.

Good enough for us for the moment, imo.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:07 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Marin's caliber is nothing special. Assaidi is just as good ffs. Marin has not lived up to the promise he showed during his teenage years at BMG and early years at Werder. Much like Babel, only Babel had the physical aspects to play in PL, which Marin doesn't.

Fair enough if that's what you think. But I really don't think he's much better than what we have in the reserves.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:43 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Art Morte wrote:

Fair enough if that's what you think. But I really don't think he's much better than what we have in the reserves.

Normally I'd leave it at this, but... really? Those names you mentioned, Pacheco, Adorjan, Yesil? Obviously they're completely out of the first-team picture, plus Marin is a much more established player than those three combined. Of Assaidi I'd like to see more - and will be baffling if he, too, is out of the picture once he comes back from AFCON - but Marin would certainly be a good addition to our squad for the rest of the season.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 23 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum