Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Batistuta vs Raul Empty Re: Batistuta vs Raul

Post by Harmonica Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:36 pm

Raul achieved more, but for me Batigol was better player.

Batistuta actually is the only player who's football shirt I have. Smile
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:44 pm

Batigol all day and everyday, without a doubt.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:50 pm

I would take Raul anyday but Bati is such an amazing player too.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Raul has more goals under the belt, achieved more, played against tougher opposition and more frequently in international stage. Raul wins
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:03 pm

You guys want to compare Raul with this guy?:facepalm:

Batistuta vs Raul Batistuta
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:40 pm

Two completely different players.

It really depends on what you want, if you want a CF with bags of goals. Batigol is the player but if you want someone who works very hard for the team and is more versatile. I'd take Raul.

Since Chelsea need more of an out and out CF I'd say Batigol.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:53 pm

Kinda funny
Nameless wrote:Raul has more goals under the belt, achieved more, played against tougher opposition and more frequently in international stage. Raul wins
He scored more goals? He won more? Hardly a winning argument given that Raul played most of his professional career at Real Madrid while Batistuta was at his peak at Fiorentina. Also, in spite of Raul almost always playing with far better talent, he only averaged a goal every 2.29 games whereas Batigol had one every 1.64. Raul won titles but Batigol won the Serie A with Roma. It was only the 3rd time in their history (and only 2 of those were deserved, but that's a story for another day). In La Liga terms, it'd be the equivalent of winning the title with Real Sociedad. And since you bring international form into the question, Batigol has 54 goals for Argentina compared to Raul's 44.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:10 pm

Both at the height of their powers I would go with Raul.

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:09 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Kinda funny
Nameless wrote:Raul has more goals under the belt, achieved more, played against tougher opposition and more frequently in international stage. Raul wins
He scored more goals? He won more? Hardly a winning argument given that Raul played most of his professional career at Real Madrid while Batistuta was at his peak at Fiorentina. Also, in spite of Raul almost always playing with far better talent, he only averaged a goal every 2.29 games whereas Batigol had one every 1.64. Raul won titles but Batigol won the Serie A with Roma. It was only the 3rd time in their history (and only 2 of those were deserved, but that's a story for another day). In La Liga terms, it'd be the equivalent of winning the title with Real Sociedad. And since you bring international form into the question, Batigol has 54 goals for Argentina compared to Raul's 44.
You failed to to explain why Batistuta deserves it more Laughing..
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Batistuta had one rival and it was R9 not Raul. And we could always see R9 and Batistuta in World Stars team together. Also in computer games Batigol and R9 played for World XI not Raul. And he gained so much popularity playing for Fiorentina. Let today anyone from Fiorentina, Roma or even Milan and Inter make World XI starting line up. So if Raul who played for R.Madrid could not make it into World XI team then how he could be better than Batistuta. maybe you didnt watch batistuta in his prime
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:57 am

Raul at his peak was untouchable :bow: I love both of them. Batigol was out of this world in his prime as well. But if I had to chose I would go for Raul
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Carlo Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:38 am

Batistuta was the better striker, I`m not sure who was the better player overall.... it would have been a good strike partnership, neither man had much pace but they had pretty much everything else a striker/centre forward needs between them.
Don Carlo
Don Carlo
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:52 am

Nameless wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Kinda funny
You failed to to explain why Batistuta deserves it more Laughing..

Are you intentionally missing the part when he said Batistuta averaged a higher goal/per game while playing with a less talented squad, or that he scored more international goals with Argentina than Raul did with Spain (effectively refuting your initial claims)

Anyways, very different players. I'll take Batistuta because I feel he is horrendously underrated

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by briarfish Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:39 am

Batigol was a great player, recognized as one of the best finishers in history. Raul has been a hero for RM fans, but I guess the the world will forget him soon. Pardon, no comparison!

briarfish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:04 am

briarfish wrote:Batigol was a great player, recognized as one of the best finishers in history. Raul has been a hero for RM fans, but I guess the the world will forget him soon. Pardon, no comparison!

This is utter tosh ,Raul is one of the greatest players of his generation ,a football legend , not only a club legend . Also he is the all time scorer in europe so i dont think the record books will forget him anytime soon, nor will the world.
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 am

Lord Hades wrote:
briarfish wrote:Batigol was a great player, recognized as one of the best finishers in history. Raul has been a hero for RM fans, but I guess the the world will forget him soon. Pardon, no comparison!

This is utter tosh ,Raul is one of the greatest players of his generation ,a football legend , not only a club legend . Also he is the all time scorer in europe so i dont think the record books will forget him anytime soon, nor will the world.

Well said my friend. People are talking like Raul was a scrub ffs. One of the best European players of all time, and he gets no love. GL :facepalm:
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by briarfish Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:46 am

I didn't say that Raul is not a good player, just not as great as Batigol.
I can image that Batigol could be chosen for something like "european team of the year" or "south american team of decade/all times" as a starter back in his prime, but I strongly doubt if Raul could be chosen for a list like that.

Please correct me if I'm wrong!

briarfish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:06 am

The dude was the best forward in the world for an extended period of time with Ronaldo,Henry,Van Nistelrooj and Del Piero were all playing.

That alone says enough TBH.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 am

His "glory" days were cut short tho..I have no idea how significant he was for Fiorentina but clearly he hasnt achieved anything with the club. Alot of fuss for someone who hasnt even scored 30 goals a season.

Raul however still plays and scores, close to hitting 400 goal mark for clubs only.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:38 am

Nameless wrote:His "glory" days were cut short tho..I have no idea how significant he was for Fiorentina but clearly he hasnt achieved anything with the club. Alot of fuss for someone who hasnt even scored 30 goals a season.

Raul however still plays and scores, close to hitting 400 goal mark for clubs only.

I was talking about Raul.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:42 am

I wasnt quoting you ffs Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:43 am

Nameless wrote:I wasnt quoting you ffs Laughing

Embarassed
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyBoy Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:25 am

briarfish wrote:I didn't say that Raul is not a good player, just not as great as Batigol.

Greatness is subjective, Batigol was ofcourse special and has a romantic vibe about him for football lovers but that does not mean he is a level above Raul, who is quite underrated nowadays, although him being quite poor for most of his last seasons in Spain is one of the major reason as younger generation dont remember the guy who was known as Raul Madrid. Raul at his peak(97-03) was a world class player, that was the period when Madrid won three champions leagues and few leagues and Raul was the man of that team. Talented, hard working, intelligent and a very consistent and clutch performer
the main lad of that team.
[/quote]I can image that Batigol could be chosen for something like "european team of the year" or "south american team of decade/all times" as a starter back in his prime, but I strongly doubt if Raul could be chosen for a list like that.

Please correct me if I'm wrong![/quote]
Raul would be in UCL team of all time with ease to start of and was in the team of Euro 2000 in real, and was in the team of the year list of many reputed magazines for few more years. Was Ballon Dor second in 2001, when he should have won over Owen.
And Bati himself would find it tough to find himself named in alltime South American teams when there were attackers like Rivelino, Sivori, Pedernera, Scarone, Erico, Jairzinho etc and I am not talking about big guys like Moreno, Zizzinho, Leonidas da Silva, Rivaldo, Pele, Maradona, Zico, Di Stefano, Messi, Romario, Ronaldo, Schaiffino.

Anyways if I had to choose one from the two name presented in this thread, I would go for Bati ofcourse!!!

CrazyBoy
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next