Reading 5 - 7 Arsenal: Absolutely. Effing. Mental.

+21
silver
FennecFox7
Le Samourai
CBarca
lenear1030
LeBĂ©ninois
InvalidComment
SamuelJayC
Wilson37
urbaNRoots
Kwame2u
Raptorgunner
RealGunner
6unner
Eman
MJ
Sina
EL Patron
Rev
Amar
Jay29
25 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Reading 5 - 7 Arsenal: Absolutely. Effing. Mental. - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 5 - 7 Arsenal: Absolutely. Effing. Mental.

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 31 Oct - 17:55:45

GoonerJay29 wrote:The Football League and referee Kevin Friend have confirmed the 4th goal was, in fact, Walcott's. So that's a hat-trick for him.

He's now on 49 Arsenal goals, the same as Charlie George and Sylvain Wiltord. He's only 23.

Sign him up, please. Mad

I am happy he got the Hat-trick but would have been nice if Jenk got it was a nice finish. Not happy with the 5 goals let in but will take the win, one of the great games of our era imo.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Wed 31 Oct - 17:57:56; edited 1 time in total

Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Reading 5 - 7 Arsenal: Absolutely. Effing. Mental. - Page 3 Empty Re: Reading 5 - 7 Arsenal: Absolutely. Effing. Mental.

Post by MJ Wed 31 Oct - 17:57:32

GoonerJay29 wrote:The Football League and referee Kevin Friend have confirmed the 4th goal was, in fact, Walcott's. So that's a hat-trick for him.

He's now on 49 Arsenal goals, the same as Charlie George and Sylvain Wiltord. He's only 23.

Sign him up, please. Mad

Henry signed at age 22, Walcott is only a year older and has a 49 goal advantage hmm

MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 31 Oct - 18:04:33

I swear Chamakhand Giroud Walcoot can do wonders up front, I hope Wenger changes up his game plan and plays them together more.

I still believe Wenger does not know how to use our big mans, we all remember Bendtner on the wings right. rofl

Is Wenger still tactical genius?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed 31 Oct - 18:10:14

Since he's been here some six or seven years, I forget how young he is sometimes. 49 goals already (and 40 assists apparently) is impressive and given that 31 of them have come in the last couple of seasons, there's no reason why, if he stayed at Arsenal, he couldn't get to a 100 and beyond.

He already has seven goals this year. He got 11 last season. Could be a stellar season if he continues this form.

It's been unfair to compare him to Henry, though. Walcott probably won't play up front all the time like Henry did, and they're different sorts of players anyway. Henry had better technique and was more robust. He could do everything. Walcott is pure "off the shoulder" poacher style forward.

I really hope we can reach an agreement with him.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed 31 Oct - 18:45:45

No I wasn't comparing them that way, I meant it in the respect that Henry is our all-time leading goalscorer.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 31 Oct - 19:07:38

How much money did Theo make for Arsenal last night for advancing to next round?

Give him his 100k, we had a good year Ivan Gazidis got a big bonus for no damn reason.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed 31 Oct - 19:40:05

GoonerJay29 wrote:Since he's been here some six or seven years, I forget how young he is sometimes. 49 goals already (and 40 assists apparently) is impressive and given that 31 of them have come in the last couple of seasons, there's no reason why, if he stayed at Arsenal, he couldn't get to a 100 and beyond.

He already has seven goals this year. He got 11 last season. Could be a stellar season if he continues this form.

It's been unfair to compare him to Henry, though. Walcott probably won't play up front all the time like Henry did, and they're different sorts of players anyway. Henry had better technique and was more robust. He could do everything. Walcott is pure "off the shoulder" poacher style forward.

I really hope we can reach an agreement with him.

The frustrating thing about him is his lack of technical ability, he can't dribble, can't create space which makes him useless against team who park the bus and he is always running into blind alleys.

I believe Theo is fine playing where is, i don't know why people want him to play as a striker. I believe he doesn't need to play as a striker in order to score goals. If he played as a lone striker upfront he'd be easily nullified, the only way he will play as a striker is if we revert to 4-4-2 which won't happen because of the players we have. Theo needs to try and adapt to the formation, the perfect example would be Muller for Munich. He struggled playing as a striker in a 4-3-3 for Munich and had to change his game in order to fit into the team now he is having a good season.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed 31 Oct - 20:19:00

That's a terrible example. Tomas has never once played as a lone striker in a 4-3-3. It simply basically has never happened, he's adapted to playing on the wing but it's pretty clear that he'd be better as a foil forward playing just off a main forward.

I don't see him as a striker...I could see him as the primary goal scorer, but that's not exactly about a change in position. In the games I've seen he's been a sub and what's more than that, he occupies space far far away from goal.

The only way he develops the movement and intelligence is if he plays closer to goal and gets a more defined role. He doesn't need to dribble anyone or creat space for himself, it's going to get done for him.

The only thing he needs to be doing is playing weakside off the shoulders of defenders and running onto through balls or beating people to low crosses.

That's it

No crossing, no dropping back, no dribbling, no linking up with fullbacks. Put him to do that one thing only and you have yourselves a winner.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Wed 31 Oct - 20:33:07

Le Samourai wrote:That's a terrible example. Tomas has never once played as a lone striker in a 4-3-3. It simply basically has never happened, he's adapted to playing on the wing but it's pretty clear that he'd be better as a foil forward playing just off a main forward.

I don't see him as a striker...I could see him as the primary goal scorer, but that's not exactly about a change in position. In the games I've seen he's been a sub and what's more than that, he occupies space far far away from goal.

The only way he develops the movement and intelligence is if he plays closer to goal and gets a more defined role. He doesn't need to dribble anyone or creat space for himself, it's going to get done for him.

The only thing he needs to be doing is playing weakside off the shoulders of defenders and running onto through balls or beating people to low crosses.

That's it

No crossing, no dropping back, no dribbling, no linking up with fullbacks. Put him to do that one thing only and you have yourselves a winner.

yeah my bad I meant to say playing on the Wing, Muller is a striker yet he plays on the wing for Munich. If Muller can do it why can't Theo adapt as well instead of moaning. Look at Sturridge, he is a striker playing on the wing if he can do it why can't Theo do it as well.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed 31 Oct - 20:42:34

Sturridge has been moaning the same sad song as Theo lol.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed 31 Oct - 20:48:01

Because Muller is a ridiculously intelligent and versatile player. Theo needs some definition and direction as to exactly what he needs to do.

Asking him to do traditional winger things is putting him in a position to fail.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed 31 Oct - 21:00:00

Please just give theo what he wants. And Start him up front against Manu. With Arshavin on the left :bow:
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed 31 Oct - 21:03:53

Some great points there Le Sam, but while the idea of giving Walcott the least work as possible sounds great in theory, in this current Arsenal side it's impossible imho.

For that to work we would require another creative outlet besides Cazorla, the fact is that at the moment we're just simply not creating enough chances.

If we had a more technical forward like say Jovetic who excels at playing deeper and linking up with players, your theory could become a devastating force, but until then, Walcott will need to adapt (as hard as it is) and use his pace more reasonably.
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 31 Oct - 21:09:05

I want Theo to sign a contract and the only way we can start him up front is to partner him up with Giroud.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed 31 Oct - 21:11:31

Rev wrote:Some great points there Le Sam, but while the idea of giving Walcott the least work as possible sounds great in theory, in this current Arsenal side it's impossible imho.

For that to work we would require another creative outlet besides Cazorla, the fact is that at the moment we're just simply not creating enough chances.

If we had a more technical forward like say Jovetic who excels at playing deeper and linking up with players, your theory could become a devastating force, but until then, Walcott will need to adapt (as hard as it is) and use his pace more reasonably.

Buy Benzema cheers Wink
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 31 Oct - 21:25:01

Le Samourai wrote:
Rev wrote:Some great points there Le Sam, but while the idea of giving Walcott the least work as possible sounds great in theory, in this current Arsenal side it's impossible imho.

Buy Benzema cheers Wink

We would love to have Benzema but the price tag is too high for out board. We rather spent 30 million on 3 useless players. :facepalm:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Wed 31 Oct - 21:25:08

It's hard for me to say this but we'll give you Chamakh for Benzema. Sad

He could become your next Adebayor, a real triumph card in tight situations.

The only problem would be Chamakh stealing all of CR's hair gel and hair products. :coffee:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Wed 31 Oct - 21:40:45

Rev wrote:

*Cough cough* ARSHAVIN *cough cough*

:coffee:
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Wed 31 Oct - 21:42:53

MJGunner wrote:
Rev wrote:

*Cough cough* ARSHAVIN *cough cough*

:coffee:
Reading 5 - 7 Arsenal: Absolutely. Effing. Mental. - Page 3 Jack-wilshere_2373137b
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Wed 31 Oct - 21:45:34

What a game !what a result ....Unbelievable , btw who dares to say Chamakh or Theo shouldn't stay @Arsenal !just give Theo 1000k per week ,we'd become unbeaten for many reasons ,i guess drunken

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Thu 1 Nov - 5:57:50

Not sure yet to start Walcott upfront.. Still feel he is technically lacking.. He was excellent yesterday with his runs and finishing.. Still noticed that there were many poor first touches and passes..
Why is he adamant that he wants to play as striker..? As Wenger says his most influential position will be as an impact wide player..
Walcott to start at OT back at right wing..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri 2 Nov - 0:10:11

Le Samourai wrote:Because Muller is a ridiculously intelligent and versatile player. Theo needs some definition and direction as to exactly what he needs to do.

Asking him to do traditional winger things is putting him in a position to fail.

Farfan is a pacy striker playing on the wing, why can't Theo do it as well lol hmm
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3