VivaStPauli
Jay29
Raptorgunner
urbaNRoots
RealGunner
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Schalke vs Arsenal [Champions League] - Page 2 Empty Re: Schalke vs Arsenal [Champions League]

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:21 pm

Our best player? How about Mannone and Sagna?

Wilshere was easily flop of the match after Vermaelen, didn't win anything defensively and offered nothing offensively other than his short passing success which was still not convincing plus got a red card.

I love Wilshere as a footballer, but you have to admit he was one of our worst performers that match. And saying he was the best the player......

urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Schalke vs Arsenal [Champions League] - Page 2 Empty Re: Schalke vs Arsenal [Champions League]

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Well tell that to the arsenal commentators. None of our attackers offered anything offensively. Podolski and ramsey were killing our attacks everytime wilshere built the move forward. Wilshere was the only player that was actually showing some class. Why do you think wenger didnt sub him despite being on a yellow?
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:39 pm

Arsene explained that, he said we needed offensive players because we needed to score but it's not like Jack did something to help that. And Wenger obviously did a mistake by not replacing him, he could've moved Arteta further up and play Coquelin.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Wilshere is suspended for Saturday and the game afterwards is Spurs at home. The best chance of Wilshere finding fitness and becoming accustomed to this level of play again is to start the game tomorrow night, and he'd be better prepared for that Spurs game if he plays tomorrow and possibly the U21 game this Friday as well.

Also, even if he isn't 100% we'd have a better chance with him in the side than on the subs bench.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 pm

Wilshere did look off key against United, giving away some passes and being reckless in defense. This is to be expected from someone who's to play such a huge role in our midfield as the team gels. Believe it or not we're still extremely young as a team, these players aren't used to each other entirely yet.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:03 pm

He can destroy Holtby which might make arteta's job easier tomorrow.

Still think we will see the best of Wilshere by December but we have to play him now to get there
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Great preview btw. Still wrenched about our recent form, the only thing that keeps me going is knowing that this team has the potential and it's just the freshness of all the new cogs working kinks out.

I still have no idea how our left side won't be raped. Honestly something's gotta give, Wenger can't send Santos back out into the slaughter like that again.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:22 pm

All I know is we should win...

If we end up 2nd, we'll get Barca in the last 16 we all know that.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:41 pm

According to John Cross: Vermaelen will start at LB with Koscielny coming in at centre-back.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Mirror: Vermaelen to play at left-back against Schalke with Koscielny coming in at centre-back http://t.co/NCiLhvRF
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:54 pm

Good move
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:58 pm

Not sure how it will fare offensively to make Godolski more comfy i mean verm may not be able to add width needed when poldi make inside runs

but defensively..now thats better
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:09 pm

Szczesny

Sagna Mertesacker Koscienly Vermaelen

Arteta Wilshere

Walcott* Cazorla Podolski

Giroud

Seems most likely formation. Should Walcott not be fit enough (or dropped because of contract, which ever one it is), then I sense we could start Arshavin or move Cazorla wide, and add in Coquelin to the middle, with JW10 pushing forward a bit more - forming a 4-3-3.
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:30 am

Ok guys, working from 9am-7.30pm tomorrow so will miss first half whilst travelling back home. So if one of you guys could do the 'LIVE' thread and I'll speak to you lot shortly after the game!

COME ON Arsenal! :bow:
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:36 am

We are running out of options..
Too many players out of form... So hard to say who to play.. I cant see what is this play Walcott rant about.. Arshavin may be better.. And i feel Podolski needs a rest..
Anyway seeing the same problems for the last 4 matches, Wenger has to make some changes.. Be it for the better or worst..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:07 am

I just hope Schalke take it easy on us
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:54 am

Come on, Arsenal. Give us a good performance. I just want to overrate my team once more; is that so much to ask??
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by julias Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 am

COYG
julias
julias
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by furiouswindbottom Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:32 am

Wenger will play with only 10 players he is still refusing to give Ramsey's place up
Laughing

Nothing would surpise me anymore.

I think he'll pick

Mannone
Sagna TV Merty Santos
Arteta Wilshere
Arshavin Cazorla Poldi
Giroud

I think he should pick (assuming Walcott isn't well)

Mannone
Sagna Kos Merty TV
Coquelin Wilshere
Cazorla Arteta Arshavin
Giroud

Why no Poldi? I like him but he looks knackered to me. I could be wrong but he looks like he needs a rest. If he is fully fit and Walcott recovers, I would play:

Mannone
Sagna Kos Merty TV
Arteta Wilshere
Walcott Poldi Cazorla
Giroud

I won't be watching live as it's 2:45 am here at kick off. Will watch the re-run tomorrow after work (as long as I avoid the score).

Come on lads...win with style tonight. cheers
furiouswindbottom
furiouswindbottom
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:30 pm

Theo Walcott (stomach) and Lukas Podolski (ankle) only trained lightly on Monday and will undergo late fitness tests ahead of the Schalke match. Andrey Arshavin is ready to step in and make a rare start if they miss out.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I dont think we will have enouph players on the field today. Schalke vs Arsenal [Champions League] - Page 2 2276801876
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:38 pm

--------------------Mannone
---Sagna---------Kos-----------Mert--------TV
-------------Arteta--------------Wilshere------
Djourou----------Squillaci-------------Santos
------------------ Meade----------------

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: Thumbs up :bow: :bow: :bow:

I have a feeling Wenger will use this line up. eco smile
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:08 pm

Raptor Laughing

So if Podolski, Walcott are out and Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Ramsey not in the team aswell, who's gonna play RW? hmm

Mannone
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen
Arteta Coquelin
Cazorla Wilshere Arshavin
Giroud

hmm
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:11 pm

Very interesting. hmm

I wonder what effect Cazorla on the right would have on the whole team?
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:05 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Raptor Laughing

So if Podolski, Walcott are out and Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Ramsey not in the team aswell, who's gonna play RW? hmm

Mannone
Sagna Mertesacker Koscielny Vermaelen
Arteta Coquelin
Cazorla Wilshere Arshavin
Giroud

hmm

This would be the best line up, but we all know Wenger loves new challenges dont be surprised to see Djourou and Squillaci up front. :bow:
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:02 pm

Arsene back on the touchline tonight, almost forgot. Let's count on that to have a positive effect on the Gunners.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:22 pm

MJGunner wrote:Arsene back on the touchline tonight, almost forgot. Let's count on that to have a positive effect on the Gunners.

I hope so man, We need a win. Its just too depressing, even a tie is not bad.

If we have another performance like the home game, someone needs to get fired or player needs to get a beating.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next