Luca
Dante
Tomwin Lannister
BarrileteCosmico
juventus101
34 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Serie A Team of the Season so far - Page 3 Empty Re: Serie A Team of the Season so far

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:34 pm

BorjitoOooooOOOooOOO :bow:

Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Serie A Team of the Season so far - Page 3 Empty Re: Serie A Team of the Season so far

Post by Rev Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:35 pm

While Seria A's TOS' defense would mop the floor with the other team's defenses you can't tell me that you would take a midfield of Guarin-Pirlo-Borja over Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta or a front 3 of Totti-SES-Klose over Rooney(AM)-RVP-Michu rofl
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Actually, I would take Serie A's front 3 over the BPL's.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:37 pm

Rebaño Sagrado wrote:BorjitoOooooOOOooOOO :bow:

Is this a recurring fad or something lol, everytime i see someone write Borjito, its "BORJiTOoOoOOoOOooOoOOOooOoOoOooOO"

Last edited by El Shaarawy on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:39 pm

And have Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta been the best 3 midfielders in La Liga this season ?No one can argue that Barca have been the team of the season so far but have all 3 midfielders have been better than rest ?

Its so easy to make a team full of Barca and Madrid players and then call it a league X1..In that case there were many other Juventus players who had great seasons like Licht and Marchisio who i could've easily included in my x1 but i wanted to try to be as unbiased as possible.

What many people have posted here is an eleven consisting of the best performing players of the season and most of them here have made unbiased posts.On the other hand its a completely different story on paper.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:54 pm

Note that the likes of Cavani,Hamsik,Jovetic(to an extent),Hernanes,Marchisio,Vidal,Asamoah,Pjanic etc have all had great seasons and you wouldnt go wrong if you included each of these players in your best eleven.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:08 pm

The thing is, if you make a most in form XI like we have dome, then it might not be all that impressive, but a Best XI? It would be unbelievable. Imagine Juve with Cavani and Jovetic/Vucinic/Totti/Miccoli up front, and De Rossi probably taking the sweeper role from Bonucci. Or a 4-3-3 with Zanetti as LB and a Vucinic/Jovetic-Cavani-Totti/Miccoli frontline in an otherwise Juventus lineup.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:35 pm

I actually think that there hasn't been a better midfielder in La Liga than Xavi,Busquets or Iniesta, maybe someone like Isco deserves a mention because of his goalscoring exploits.

All in all, I just brought it up to discuss other leagues' Best 11s but I guess this is not the place for it. Thumbs up

To be honest, this year's one of the most promising for Seria A in terms of young players establishing themselves in their respective clubs, I can't wait to see how SES,Lamela and the others end up in few years time. What a Face

Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Shrekkisfat Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:42 pm

Rev wrote:While Seria A's TOS' defense would mop the floor with the other team's defenses you can't tell me that you would take a midfield of Guarin-Pirlo-Borja over Xavi-Busquets-Iniesta or a front 3 of Totti-SES-Klose over Rooney(AM)-RVP-Michu rofl
I would undoubtedly take the Seria A frontline.
Shrekkisfat
Shrekkisfat
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:46 pm

In retrospective, my earlier statement was a bit arrogant but that's my opinion.

To each his own :coffee:
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:02 am

3-5-2

Perin
Roncaglia-Bonnuci-Ogbonna
-De Sciglio-Marchisio-Pirlo-Asamoah-
-Totti-
-Lamela-SES-

Manager: Vincenzo Montella (by a mile)
Best player of the season so far: Francesco Totti

Quite possibly one of the most difficult lists I've had to make. The following list of player could easily replace some of these in my line-up.

Pizzaro
Montolivo
De Jong
Vidal
Lichtsteiner (for me he was superior in the CL than in Serie A)
Cheillini
Barzagli
Pjanic
Bradley
Marquinhos
Cavani
Jo-Jo
Antonelli
Campagnaro
Rannocchia
Cuadrado
Consigli, Handanovic, Buffon, Marchetti
Guarin
Hamsik
Cigarini
Cassano (Been incredible)

ETC ETC I could go on. Just realized even beyond this how many excellent players are within this league.

My line-up may look a little vulnerable through the midfield yet the excellent wingback attack and Bonnuci acting as with his SW role would add the needed steel. Too many good players that I have left out.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:39 pm

Bump.

Updated lineup :

Marchetti

Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Rodriguez-De Sciglio

Pirlo

Hamsik---------Borja Valero

SES-----Totti

Cavani

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:52 pm

I'd make one with a 3-5-2 formation. Not seen every team so i might miss out some one who has been good but i am not aware of him.

---------------------------------------Handanovic-----------------------------------------

------------------------Chiellini----------Rodríguez-------------Barzagli----------------

Lamela--------------------Vidal---------------------Pirlo--------------------SES
-------------------------------------------Totti----------------------------------------

--------------------------Jovetic--------------------Cavani-------------------------

Pretty unbalanced but meh.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:53 pm

Surag wrote:Bump.

Updated lineup :

Marchetti

Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Rodriguez-De Sciglio

Pirlo

Hamsik---------Borja Valero

SES-----Totti

Cavani

Pirlo the DM rofl
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:54 pm

Marchetti
Abate Chiellini Gonzalo De Sciglio
Montolivo
Hamsik Marchisio
Totti
Cavani SES

I know Chiellini was out for a couple of months but his performances far out weigh that and Juventus performances without him were average to say the least.

I have not been THAT impressed with Pirlo this season and while he's been good i think the 3 i have chosen have had more impactful and consistent performances even if their roles are different.

Front 3 is a no brainer tbh and i expect most to pick the same the only other decision was Abate or Lichtsteiner and i think Abate edges it just.

Although i do feel a bit silly for picking only 2 Juventus players considering they are for intensive purposes champions elect but that just shows what a TEAM they are.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:00 pm

The inclusion of Rocchi is imminent now that he'll be starting ever game
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:02 pm

No Cuadrado Neutral
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:03 pm

Agreed with Mole

zizzle wrote:The inclusion of Rocchi is imminent now that he'll be starting ever game

Shame Palacio is out, dont suppose Milito will be back in time?
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by S Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Marchetti
Abate Chiellini Gonzalo De Sciglio
Montolivo
Hamsik Marchisio
Totti
Cavani SES

Not a bad lineup.

I agree Pirlo has not been that great compared to last season for instance but he has still been influential enough for Juve in many of the games to warrant a spot in the league's best X1.

Barzagli is a no brainer for me.He is the most consistent defender in the league and has been for a good 2 years.Chiellini might be the most important defender for the team(especially in big games where you need his driving force and energy) but Barzagli's has been Juve's best this season.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:08 pm

Casciavit wrote:No Cuadrado Neutral

Where would he fit in my line up? i agree he's been fantastic but he's a winger and i'm playing none lol.

I suppose i could have played him as a RB and made it unbalanced :coffee:

Surag i agree with you on Barzagli.... i just didn't want to use so many Juve players and preferred Chiellini ( in the end i didn't really use enough Laughing )
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Handanovic
Barzagli Campagnaro Chiellini/MDS
Monto/Pirlo
Cuadrado Hamsik SES
Lamela Cavani Totti

Yeah its unbalanced tongue

Edit: So many players to pick from for the DM/DLP position.

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:12 pm

I should mention i preferred Marchisio over Vidal because IMO Marchisio has been the better performer in Serie A and much more consistent.

Vidal has been superior in the CL though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:16 pm

I don't have an XI tbh but I agree with Mole not playing Cudrado. Compared to like any league in Europe we have shitty wingers so to include a good winger means sacrificing somebody else for a terrible winger. The league gets 95% of it's width from full-backs.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:17 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:

zizzle wrote:The inclusion of Rocchi is imminent now that he'll be starting ever game

Shame Palacio is out, dont suppose Milito will be back in time?

We'd be lucky if he's back to full fitness by next season
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:22 pm

Was thinking of Cuadrado but he had no space in my team Razz

Also from the games i have seen, Kucka has been pretty good for Genoa. Deserves a mention. Muriel for Udinese. And despite Inter having a pretty poor defensive record, Ranocchia hasn't been that bad at all
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:24 pm

Muriel has only played 975 min of game time in Serie A this season.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next