Conte: 'Best is yet to come'

2 posters

Go down

Conte: 'Best is yet to come'  Empty Conte: 'Best is yet to come'

Post by DeviAngel Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Juventus Coach Antonio Conte broke his silence after the crushing victory over Chelsea, sends a message to Roberto Di Matteo and warned “the best is yet to come.”

The tactician has barely spoken to the media since his ban back in August, but gave a few statements at the inauguration of a street named after Juve legend Gaetano Scirea.

“Was that our best game last night? The best is yet to come, I hope,” said Conte after the 3-0 Champions League triumph.

“I am happy for the players, as at times there has been too much criticism. Last night was a deserved victory earned with a great performance.

“We applied the philosophy of football that we have been carrying on for over a year: respect for all, fear of nobody and the awareness we can fight against anyone.

“Having said that, qualification is not yet secure, even if we made a significant step forward and received important responses. Now we have to continue along this path.”

Juve need a point in their final game with Shakhtar Donetsk to ensure a place in the knockouts, but last night’s 3-0 drubbing in Turin saw Chelsea sack Di Matteo.

“I’m sorry about Roberto, who is a friend, but last season he had such a great moment in winning the Champions League. Unfortunately that is football – it doesn’t wait.”

The Bianconeri have certainly put themselves back on the European map after that convincing victory against the reigning champions.

“We do not play in an old-fashioned Italian style and last night’s game was proof,” continued Conte.

“What can we achieve? I think first of all at getting past the next round, which is an important step to consolidate our position in Europe and also economically. We hope Milan can get through too, so Italy can improve the UEFA ranking.

“We have to grow and improve. In economic terms, we simply cannot compete with powerhouses like Barcelona, Real Madrid, Manchester City, Paris Saint-Germain, Bayern Munich or Chelsea, but we have ideas, organisation, heart and legs. Everyone saw that last night.”

Juventus now have to focus on Serie A, as they face fallen giants Milan on Sunday evening.

“This is an important game against a side that right now might not be among the top teams, but has a squad of great quality. We are the leaders, but mustn’t forget we haven’t done anything yet and Champions League qualification is also still to be won.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte: 'Best is yet to come'  Empty Re: Conte: 'Best is yet to come'

Post by Cotes Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:58 pm

Well Said Conte....
Can't wait till he returns
Cotes
Cotes