arjun.123
juventus101
Kick
Forza
The Sanchez
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Top 20 Greatest of All Time players - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 20 Greatest of All Time players

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:18 pm

Don Carlo wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Don't think Messi should be in it Carlo ?

Messi is in my list.

My eyes deceiving me lol. Sorry, must be the age catching up

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Top 20 Greatest of All Time players - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 20 Greatest of All Time players

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Id say baggio at his best was better than over half the players in these lists tbh. Too many injuries and defensive tactics limited his potential i suppose.

The fifa internet vote (for fans) was extremely different to their list. Here is the top 15

1. Maradona
2. Pele
3. Eusabio
4. Baggio
5. Romario
6. Van basten
7. Ronaldo
8. Beckenbaur
9. Zidane
10. Rivaldo
11. Zico
12. Garrincha
13. Cruyff
14. Di stefano
15. Platini

Funny list. Anyway, fifa had to reply with their contrived list to put their man at first place and maradona who despises fifa 5th lol.

jibers wrote: How do you compare Maradona to Di Stefano in greatness? Di Stefano won more than Maradona would ever have dreamed of. This all time lists are just laughable.

How do you measure greatness? quantity of titles? nah, not for me anyway. Maradona won the greatest tournament (world cup) with the greatest performance in its history, thats worth more than 10 flip flop league titles or 5 primitive european cups to me. Dont know about others, guess its subjective how we veiw sporting achievements, like usain bolt vs jesse owens
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Don Carlo wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I dont think Zidane is above Ronaldo. Well, I can see the arguement why he is...he beats him when you talk about length of time performing at peak. Ronaldo peak was only like 4 years at most.

However, Zidane himself thinks Ronaldo is better.

Ronaldo says likewise about Zidane, they are friends, they are just being humble, they both say each other is the best they`ve ever played with.

Most of their Madrid team mates choose Zidane as the best, they are different types of player though that cannot do what each other does best, Zidane separates himself from Ronaldo though by achieving more in his career, playing at the top level for longer and outperforming R9 more often than not both in the same team AND playing vs each other in the biggest of games.

In all honesty, Ronaldo`s case to be ahead of Zidane is extremely weak, Zidane was the best player of that generation, no doubt at all.

Yeah, thats true. Ronaldo does say that. I think Ronaldo is being nice whereas Zidane actually means it though. No way to really know of course.

Of course the Madrid teammates choose Zidane, at that stage Zidane was better because Ronaldo had suffered multiple injuries.

Again, I understand the arguement for Zidane, I wouldnt argue he doesnt have a strong case. However, what I am saying is if someone places a high value on peaks, then Ronaldo's Barca season till first season at Inter peak as higher than any peak Zidane brought to the table. Is all im saying really.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:The fifa internet vote (for fans) was extremely different to their list. Here is the top 15

1. Maradona
2. Pele
3. Eusabio
4. Baggio
5. Romario
6. Van basten
7. Ronaldo
8. Beckenbaur
9. Zidane
10. Rivaldo
11. Zico
12. Garrincha
13. Cruyff
14. Di stefano
15. Platini

Funny list. Anyway, fifa had to reply with their contrived list to put their man at first place and maradona who despises fifa 5th lol.
Fan-vote is restricted to predominantly young viewers that used the internet in 2000, which largely explains why Maradona won the award (most had seen some of Maradona, but none of Pele).
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Dont know why eusabio who is even older than cruyff is third then, while cruyff was 13th. Very odd
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Cruyff talks alot, people dont like what he has to say...perhaps that plays a role.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:07 am

Even with such talk, it shouldn't overcome the greatness of his skill. For crying out loud, people reckon Baggio is better than Cryuff which is as much laughable as putting C.Ronaldo in the top 20 Greatest of All Time. I am lucky to have excessive videos of the greats of Cryuff, Maradona, Baggio etc. and really Cryuff for me was definately a top 3 player if not the greatest ever player. People tend to overcome the success their club/country had instead of the individual skill they possessed. A key reason why Cryuff is such an underrated footballer...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 am

Baggio was better than Cruyff. I have seen many many videos of Cruyff and i watched Baggio throughout his career from Fiorentina to Brescia (didnt see him at Vicenza). Baggio is even more underrated than Cruyff and the better player in my opinion. Cruyff honestly gets too much credit just because he was the first of his kind, he was revolutionary. That doesnt make him the best though. Even if you dont agree Baggio was better, saying its ridiculous to say so shows you dont know much about Baggio because he could easily be compared to almost anyone.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:26 am

No Dalglish in the top 20 is a disgrace, a travesty ffs. He was the best player in a Liverpool side who dominated Europe winning 3 European Cups and losing one because of Heysel. They dominated the English first division in a time when English football was at the summit of European football (see the English domination of European Cup from 77-85).

Maybe not in the top 10 but excluding him from the top 20 makes your opinion void.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:41 pm

The Sanchez wrote:Even with such talk, it shouldn't overcome the greatness of his skill. For crying out loud, people reckon Baggio is better than Cryuff which is as much laughable as putting C.Ronaldo in the top 20 Greatest of All Time. I am lucky to have excessive videos of the greats of Cryuff, Maradona, Baggio etc. and really Cryuff for me was definately a top 3 player if not the greatest ever player. People tend to overcome the success their club/country had instead of the individual skill they possessed. A key reason why Cryuff is such an underrated footballer...

Of course not, thats not a good reason at all but I am thinking it might be. Fans can be silly.

I mean look below your post. Baggio better than Cruyff LOL
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:34 am

Best lineup ever?

Cruyff - Pele - Messi
----- Maradona -----
Zidane - Rijkaard - Xavi
Maldini - Beckenbauer - Thuram
Yashin

What do you think about this?
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:15 am

juventus101 wrote:Baggio was better than Cruyff. I have seen many many videos of Cruyff and i watched Baggio throughout his career from Fiorentina to Brescia (didnt see him at Vicenza). Baggio is even more underrated than Cruyff and the better player in my opinion. Cruyff honestly gets too much credit just because he was the first of his kind, he was revolutionary. That doesnt make him the best though. Even if you dont agree Baggio was better, saying its ridiculous to say so shows you dont know much about Baggio because he could easily be compared to almost anyone.

Im not saying Baggio isn't a great player. He is definately a top 20 but he wasn't at the same class as Cryuff and I think a key reason for this and maybe even why he may be classified as 'underrated' is because of the severe injuries he had to undergo.
Cryuff was indeed the first of his kind and revolutionary and its because of this, it makes him such an unique player and a higher class. He was the Total Footballer. Was placed as a centreforward then would either drop deep and use his vision to split a defense or move to the wing and use his skill, acceleration and dribbling skills to beat his man and create danger.
He was a playmaker, ammunitions provider and marksman all in one. The Total Footballer.
Baggio was a versatile player no doubt but if you think about it, in terms of vision, passing, ball control, dribbling, speed and acceleration, skill wise Cruyff imo is better than Baggio without a doubt. Finishing and Setpiece taking are the only elements that Baggio easily surpasses Cryuff. You may disagree...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by culefan Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:20 pm

Im not saying Baggio isn't a great player. He is definately a top 20 but he wasn't at the same class as Cryuff and I think a key reason for this and maybe even why he may be classified as 'underrated' is because of the severe injuries he had to undergo.
Cryuff was indeed the first of his kind and revolutionary and its because of this, it makes him such an unique player and a higher class. He was the Total Footballer. Was placed as a centreforward then would either drop deep and use his vision to split a defense or move to the wing and use his skill, acceleration and dribbling skills to beat his man and create danger.
He was a playmaker, ammunitions provider and marksman all in one. The Total Footballer.
Baggio was a versatile player no doubt but if you think about it, in terms of vision, passing, ball control, dribbling, speed and acceleration, skill wise Cruyff imo is better than Baggio without a doubt. Finishing and Setpiece taking are the only elements that Baggio easily surpasses Cryuff. You may disagree...[/quote] i thinnk both moreno and di stefano were hailed as total footballers much before cruyff.in fact di stefano was many times seen winning the ball in his own penalty box ,starting the move and finishing it himself.atleast thats what i read.

culefan
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:10 pm

I do disagree. Dribbling, i think Baggio was the second best of all time only after Maradona. Cruyff was a great dribbler, but didnt have close control like Baggio. He did have close control, but just not on Baggios level is what i mean. Cruyff relied more on neat, yet subtle little tricks and massive bursts of speed. Physically Cruyff was better, and possibly more versatile. Cruyff was also certainly better defensively. But Baggio was the better dribbler, passer, better at set pieces, and arguably the better finisher, although Baggio wasnt really all that great in finishing either. At least not in the sense of smashing them in. He would rather rely on his dribbling and just round the keeper or bend it into the top corner, he would rarely ever smash them in. He could hit them from tight angles as well though. Baggio was overall the better player in my opinion. Cruyff was thw firat of his kind and will never be forgotten for that no matter how many Baggios and Messis come around, but better than Baggio, Cruyff was not.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:27 pm

No love for Dragan Stojkovic - Piksi Smile ?
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2