EL Patron
LeBéninois
RealGunner
SchinnerC
OLpower
32 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Is Pastore one of the biggest flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Pastore one of the biggest flop?

Post by danyjr Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:01 am

I knew he was going to throw away his career by moving to France any way. But as some mentioned earlier, he was never a star, just a hyped up player courtesy of Zamparini.

danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Is Pastore one of the biggest flop? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Pastore one of the biggest flop?

Post by Le Samourai Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:08 am

donttreadonred wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:I'd take him at Pool under 10m. Still better than resilient Joe Cole and magnificent Stewie Downing
No...

He wouldn't make it into the current setup over Gerrard, Allen, Sahin, Shelvey or Henderson.

I would be much more comfortable with a player like him as an innitiaror in the attacking midfield role than players like Sahin, Jonjo and Henderson. Those three are good players in their own right, but to me are more suited to the more controlled roles Allen and Gerrard currently occupy.

Gerrard himself I'd rather be played closer to goals, but Rodgers is reluctant to do that.

Mind you, don't misconstrue this as me saying he should be signed. There are certainly more pressing needs and more feasible options, but if I had the oppurtunity to swap one of those three for someone with invention ( Like Pastore).

I'd do it.

Make no mistake, for the combination poor physical conditioning, lack of work ethic and indifference on the field....the guy is still a very unique talent. Him being buried behind other players isn't a reflection of a lack of that, moreso the aforementioned issues.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 am

Flop , biggest flop , whatever. I would take him in Milan :coffee:

People who pretend Pastore was shit don't really know what they are talking about . Maybe they remember his last games in Italy , when the Sicilians were a moving circus amongs Serie A , it wasn't just Pastore.

I am barely a Pastore fan , but he wasn't this bad as it's going on here.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:07 am

Well he is
danyjr wrote:I knew he was going to throw away his career by moving to France any way. But as some mentioned earlier, he was never a star, just a hyped up player courtesy of Zamparini.

Actually to be at PSG is good for him. Because of his price tag he will never be benched for a long time. He got the chance to play CL , with very good players , great coach so he will improve as a player. Ibra being there he has less pressure on his shoulders.

Well paid , Enough game time. in Série A as he is inconsistent he would have been forgotten (a bit like Hernanes)
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:32 am

Dante :bow:

Pastore helped Palermo rise above mid-table and challenge for EL places. Made a bad decision to go to PSG, but that doesn't mean he's always been crap, as Serie A watchers know.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:41 am

So glad we got Mata instead of him for like half the price. :bow:
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Forza Rossoneri wrote:Dante :bow:

Pastore helped Palermo rise above mid-table and challenge for EL places. Made a bad decision to go to PSG, but that doesn't mean he's always been crap, as Serie A watchers know.

nah let them be.. it's that "crusify x-player" thread again Laughing

Truth is , Pastore was unlucky because of Zamparini . Every single big club wanted him but none had been that stupid to pay the money Zampa-idiot wanted . No coincedence even Chelsea backed off Laughing

Had Zamparini's asking price been lesser , Pastore would 100% play elsewhere right now and he wouldn't have to deal with such a huge price tag on his head .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:50 pm

I would love to have Pastore and Sanchez in Juve
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Yes he is a big flop for so far PSG, I cannot defend that. Although, I think he would have been better at this point if Kombouare was still at the reigns, personally. Since he definitely played his best football under him.

Sure, he hasn't had the best past couple of seasons, but he's still an immensely talented player, with a bright future ahead of him. He also still has time to improve and regain his old form, which I believe he can still do.

Hopefully he will be sold back to Italy or to the EPL, he can succeed in either league imo.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Yes he is a big flop for so far PSG, I cannot defend that. Although, I think he would have been better at this point if Kombouare was still at the reigns, personally. Since he definitely played his best football under him.

Sure, he hasn't had the best past couple of seasons, but he's still an immensely talented player, with a bright future ahead of him. He also still has time to improve and regain his old form, which I believe he can still do.

Hopefully he will be sold back to Italy or to the EPL, he can succeed in either league imo.

There is no team in Italy that can afford him right now , unless he agreed to reduce his wages a lot . Besides , Roma , Juventus and Inter don't really need him .

Milan could certainly do with Pastore , but i doubt PSG would sell him for the take-it-or-leave-it 10m offer Milan would make Laughing
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:19 pm

Pastore is back :bow:

Spoiler:

Who's going to be warming the bench now though Motta, Matuidi or Verratti? hmm
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:49 pm

He is the missing link for Argentina

BC get on it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 pm

Lamela > Pastore, pls
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:28 pm

Both can play if Messi allows.

--------------Mascherano-----------------
------Enzo/Banega/Gago------Pastore-----
------------------Messi-------------------
---------Aguero-------------Lamela-------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:04 am

yes like Pastore is better than Di Maria
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:31 am

--------------Mascherano-----------------
------Enzo/Banega/Gago------Di Maria-----
------------ Pastore----Lamela----------
-------------------Messi-------------

Prolly the only way to accommodate Di Maria w/ both Pastore and Lamela
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:34 am

Pastore has been great in supercup and the first 2 games... so much so that he's ahead of both Lavezzi and Lucas. He's the one to play next to Ibra/Cavani.

Now if Di Maria comes, it will be a dilemna for Blanc. He would most certainly change to a 442 and put Di Maria on one side and Matuidi on the other with Motta/Verratti in the middle. Pastore and Cabaye would be the rotation players in the middle.

In any case, kudos to Pastore. I'd given up on him. But he's changed his attitude, worked hard and fought his way back... which is no easy thing given the competition.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:57 pm

He always starts the beginning of the season strongly. Wait til December to hype him. I speak as someone who has been burnt by this before.

Last edited by BarrileteCosmico on Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:04 pm

did he learn french yet ?

i don't get these south american players who refuse to learn other languages .. even ones similar to spanish like french and portuguese .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:21 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:He always starts the beginning of the season strongly. Wait til December to hype him. I speaks as someone who has been burnt by this before.
Yep. He was downright pathetic tonight. Nothing. Just nothing. Might as well not have been there. All he did was commit turnovers.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:56 pm

Gil wrote:Who's going to be warming the bench now though Motta, Matuidi or Verratti? hmm

mkay... Rolling Eyes 
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:26 pm

farfan wrote:did he learn french yet ?

i don't get these south american players who refuse to learn other languages .. even ones similar to spanish like french and portuguese .
Yes it's only the South Americans that have trouble adapting to a new language  Rolling Eyes 
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:46 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
farfan wrote:did he learn french yet ?  

Yes it's only the South Americans that have trouble adapting to a new language  Rolling Eyes 

the spanish speaking south americans are notorious for it .

contrast that with kaka , ronaldo and countless portuguese speakers who spoke spanish in their first presentation !  coentrao who did interviews in spanish less than 3 months after his arrival ...

i've seen benfica and porto team interviews where not a single south americanspoke portuguese . cardoso ,  despite playing for 8 years in portugal and being a hero to the fans, only speaks spanish in interviews to this day .
you can notice the same thing in france with guys like pastore and lisandro lopez not speaking a word of french  , while brazilians like ronaldinho, maicon , maxwell etc... started speaking less than 6 months in .
how difficult is learning french or portuguese at conversational level for spanish speakers ? the answer is not very.
i can't help but think that's it's a  communitarian thing  and these players just refuse to make any  sort of effort .
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:34 am

Yes spanish speaking south americans never make an effort to learn the language Rolling Eyes

It's an individual thing. Some people have an aptitude for languages, others don't. Some try to become a part of the community, others don't. But I wouldn't group them all in the same category.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:12 am

don't forget the legend tevez BC
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:52 am

Not denying there are bad ones out there. But this is true for every nationality, not just south americans.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum