Raptorgunner
Tomwin Lannister
Swanhends
Dante
Casciavit
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

AC Milan to make request for 14-year-old Mastour to play in Serie A Empty AC Milan to make request for 14-year-old Mastour to play in Serie A

Post by Casciavit Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:16 pm

The highly-rated teenager is not eligible to play in Italy's top-flight until his 16th birthday in June, but the Rossoneri want to give him a first team chance before then

AC Milan are set to make a special request to allow talented youngster Hachim Mastour to play in Serie A aged just 14.

Under current rules, no player under the age of 16 can play in Italy's top flight, but the Rossoneri are eager to add some creativity to their ranks before the end of the season.

The Italian, who is of Moroccan descent, reaches that age on June 15, 2014, but he has impressed coach Massimiliano Allegri with his exploits in Filippo Inzaghi's Allievi nazionale.

Club CEO Adriano Galliani, with the backing of president Silvio Berlusconi, is now set to go to the authorities to ask that Mastour be allowed to represent the first team before coming of age.

Last edited by Casciavit on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

AC Milan to make request for 14-year-old Mastour to play in Serie A Empty Re: AC Milan to make request for 14-year-old Mastour to play in Serie A

Post by Dante Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:29 pm

If true , it will get rejected . Rules are there for a reason , they don't change like that. I've seen the kid play , he's already playing like a pro outside the box, but the fact remains , he's just a kid.

I don't know if this is trustworthy .But if so , my guess is , it will get rejected anyway.
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

AC Milan to make request for 14-year-old Mastour to play in Serie A Empty Re: AC Milan to make request for 14-year-old Mastour to play in Serie A

Post by Swanhends Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:32 pm

Sell Ibra and Silva, bring in a 14 year old :bow:

Galliani the mastermind :bow:

Laughing
Swanhends
Swanhends
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Wtf? He would get physically beasted to the point it would be more like watching a one sided UFC match.

No matter how good he is, no amount of skill will prepare a 14 year old for a lower mid-table team chopping him to bits.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Swanhends wrote:Sell Ibra and Silva, bring in a 14 year old :bow:

Laughing

but why , it's geenius Laughing

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:43 pm

Swanhends wrote:Sell Ibra and Silva, bring in a 14 year old :bow:

Laughing

Wenger is proud and jealous man now.
AC Milan to make request for 14-year-old Mastour to play in Serie A 1173115-bigthumbnail
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:50 pm

TomJuve wrote:Wtf? He would get physically beasted to the point it would be more like watching a one sided UFC match.

No matter how good he is, no amount of skill will prepare a 14 year old for a lower mid-table team chopping him to bits.

well , to be fair , it's not like he would play straight away . And he's not your ordinary 14 year old either , physicaly he looks like he's 17 , more or less. In any case , i can't see why such rush for this .
Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 pm

What is a primavera team? U-19?
Do Italian clubs have B sides or Reserves?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:02 pm

free_cat wrote:What is a primavera team? U-19?

Primavera is the youth sector, to my knowledge all the big clubs have one and they are split in different age groups, I believe there is a U-19 one too

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by norton Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:09 pm

He has Ibra's nose anyway.

norton
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:10 pm

Luca wrote:

Primavera is the youth sector, to my knowledge all the big clubs have one and they are split in different age groups, I believe there is a U-19 one too

So like a reserves?
This guy is playing with senior reserves at 14?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:13 pm

free_cat wrote:
Luca wrote:

So like a reserves?
This guy is playing with senior reserves at 14?

It was a mistake by goal.com in there article. Inzaghi's team is the u16. which is allievi nazionale not primavera, ill fix it.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Dante Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:16 pm

I think Luca said it , no B-sides exist in Italy .

The team Mastour has been playing is U-16 , one team prior to the Primavera. Which frankly , if he's turning out to be that good , he should be promoted there and not instantly to the 1st team. Step by step , there's no way he's ready for Serie A , no matter how good he is or he's going to become .

Dante
Dante
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Dante wrote:

The team Mastour has been playing is U-16 , one team prior to the Primavera. Which frankly , if he's turning out to be that good , he should be promoted there and not instantly to the 1st team. Step by step , there's no way he's ready for Serie A , no matter how good he is or he's going to become .

Agreed, but giving him even a 5 minute cameo would certainly be something to see

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Desperate times call for desperate measures? hmm
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:27 pm

Dont think is a good measure. Playing a younster however gifted that early might not prepare him for the top level and poor performances might lead to low self confidence, not to mention he is just 14, isnt physically strong yet, considering 17-18 is the age when you are able to grow muscles and stuff for most people so he could get a lot of injuries too..
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:32 pm

The kids of today! (BTW, Kyriakos Papadopoulos first played for Olympiakos Piraeus aged 15, being the youngest player to ever play in the Greek league :bow: )
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:46 pm

Is he that good? He must surely be a once in a generation player if they want to play him at 14..
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

Just great goal but still way to young and tries way to much tricks.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:02 pm

I support this kind of moves esp in the Coppa Italia why not give all young players chance there. B sides must be formed in Italian league its a must!

But the bad side is that the pressure from the media or if he makes mistake and the pressure can end his career
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:04 pm

Dante wrote:

So, Primavera is actually a U-20 team?
Now I understand why Italian teams have so many problems with youngsters. There's no middle stage: they go from playing U-20 to playing at Serie A. There's no middle ground; no B team to play vs. men but at lower divisions or a reserves side who plays vs. other reserves.
Bad structure.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:30 pm

free_cat wrote:
Dante wrote:

So, Primavera is actually a U-20 team?
Now I understand why Italian teams have so many problems with youngsters. There's no middle stage: they go from playing U-20 to playing at Serie A. There's no middle ground; no B team to play vs. men but at lower divisions or a reserves side who plays vs. other reserves.
Bad structure.

Correction. The majority of players go from primavera to be loaned out to serie b sides. Then they make the transition to serie a.
Not to say its a better route because its not. Sometimes they'll get loaned out to other serie a clubs.

I mean look at marchisio as a prime example. Juventus youth product. Made appearances for empoli (iirc), and then made his way to juventus. I'm not really a fan of the current system

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Milan31 Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:29 pm

The current system in Italia can definitely be improved. I don't understand why there still hasn't been a new system introduced. Anyways I don't think it's a good idea for Mastour to be brought up this early. If he doesn't do well it can really destroy his career.
Milan31
Milan31
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:00 pm

Imagine a Gattuso type midfielder vs a 14 years old kid :facepalm:
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:14 pm

Kid looks good on the vid.

The biggest problem for me is not the physical adaptation, he might take a little roughing up but he'll get accustomed to it. There are guys smaller than him playing professional football. Not to mention there's a relatively relaxed tempo in these games.

The larger issue is what it does for his development. There are a whole range of issues that could develop, from it inducing a sense of entitlement to him not being able to mentally shoulder the responsibility.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next