Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga?

+10
The Messiah
The Franchise
Die Borussen
rwo power
peerless
Valkyrja
BAYERN_MUNICH
McAgger
Le Samourai
juventus101
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga? Empty Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga?

Post by juventus101 Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:26 pm

Is he?
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga? Empty Re: Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga?

Post by Le Samourai Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Papa is actually slightly better than him.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga? Empty Re: Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga?

Post by McAgger Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:36 pm

lol Josh he is a starter. He plays on the right because Papa and Matip have a solid partnership and they don't have a good right back. In fact right now they are playing Hamburg and Howedes is playing in the middle with Papa. He's beasting!!

And yes imo he is the best CB in the league even better than Hummels and Boateng.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:57 pm

atm Dante is the best CB in the BL, based on stats.
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:09 pm

Football isn't played on paper. Howedes is great, he should start alongside Hummels for NT.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:13 pm

I just saw the press conference for tomorrows match

Henyckes said that Dante is an indisputable starter in our team. He is without doubt our best defender and we have the best defense in the league --> conclusion ?
BAYERN_MUNICH
BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:23 pm

Le Samourai wrote: Papa is actually slightly better than him.

Definitely not.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:27 pm

Well, today the Schalke defense in general didn't exactly look like world-beaters :facepalm:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:51 pm

Well the first goal was completely Neustadters fault honestly. He lost the.bell 35 meters from.his own goal. Thats just stupid. Papa shouldve done more, but Neustadter shouldnt have put him in that situation in the first place. Howedes couldnt get there in time.

The second goal was just bad communication. The second one was down to Unnerstall not organizing his defense, and Papadopoulos shitting the bed.

Didnt even watch for the third one.

From what i watched Howedes was not at fault for either.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:14 pm

Le Samourai wrote: Papa is actually slightly better than him.

i agree Very Happy

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 pm

BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:I just saw the press conference for tomorrows match

Henyckes said that Dante is an indisputable starter in our team. He is without doubt our best defender and we have the best defense in the league --> conclusion ?

Conclusion is you have the best defence, nothing else. Having a great defence is due to the team, not just one player.

You cant put the best defender in history in the worst organised defence with no help and he is going to suck.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:57 am

Boateng is the best CB in Germany next to him are Dante and Hummels, Howedes is far off from being the best CB in budi
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:22 am

The Messiah wrote:Boateng is the best CB in Germany next to him are Dante and Hummels, Howedes is far off from being the best CB in budi

Let's be serious here.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Toffer Harley Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:19 am

Hummels is the best but Höwedes definitely deserves more recognition.

about him playing as a fullback: well, versatility can be a bitch for many players. that does not mean that matip and papa are actually better CBs. it only means that they are probably less viable options for the FB position
Toffer Harley
Toffer Harley
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Wolfsburg

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:20 am

Höwedes is at least the second best CB in the Bundesliga after Hummels, he might even be as good as him. Stats aside, of course the defenses of teams with a better midfield will look better, but Höwedes barely ever puts in a single wrong step.

He's a beast, and he's incredibly underrated, especially Löw criminally underrates and constantly overlooks him; Höwedes is both the better CB as well as RB than Boateng, he's almost as fast as Jerôme, but has better technique, positioning, and decision-making, and his tackles are pretty much just as good.

Also, Höwedes is the only of our CBs who also is his clubs captain, which is a neat bonus.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:35 am

Anyone who follows my posts knows how highly I rate Hoewedes. For me he is and has been the best defender RB and CB within the Bundesliga for over three years now and is certainly the best German in the back line. Hummels is a fantastic CB yet his defensive lapses and mistakes are frequently ignored while a rock-solid Hoewedes goes overlooked. That's not to say he can't attack as Hoewedes also is a solid crosser and impressive dribbler of the ball.

Boateng is nowhere near him as even Badstuber is superior than Boateng.

Hoewedes, Manuel Neuer aside should be Germany's captain as Lahm is hardly a leader but more of a politician.

I'd kill to have this guy in my team.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellabong Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:04 pm

Stats actually show that Höwedes is second to.... Westermann lol

Idri and his Boateng obsession :facepalm:

I doubt he even realizes if it wasn't for one of his characteristic lapses in concentration Bayern would have more CL's than Barca.
Bellabong
Bellabong
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 pm

I'm still praying to the FSM to make Lahm step down as captain. As much respect I have for the guy, he's not a leader, at least not the kind of emotional, motivational, leader I want and expect.

We have many players who could be brilliant captains; Neuer would be my first pick. The next would be Schweinsteiger.
But Höwedes could easily do the job well, the only thing making him a less-than-obvious choice is the fact that Löw ignores him for no reason, and has been doing so for a while now.

So Höwedes wouldn't have the status in the team, nor the experience with the team. But he is a good leader, and excellent defender. I seriously cannot fathom why Löw doesn't start him more often.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:58 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:I'm still praying to the FSM to make Lahm step down as captain. As much respect I have for the guy, he's not a leader, at least not the kind of emotional, motivational, leader I want and expect.

We have many players who could be brilliant captains; Neuer would be my first pick. The next would be Schweinsteiger.
But Höwedes could easily do the job well, the only thing making him a less-than-obvious choice is the fact that Löw ignores him for no reason, and has been doing so for a while now.

So Höwedes wouldn't have the status in the team, nor the experience with the team. But he is a good leader, and excellent defender. I seriously cannot fathom why Löw doesn't start him more often.

I agree. If being chosen 'captain' was based solely due to ability and prestige, then Lahm would be a definite choice. But Lahm is too soft to be a captain. Just looking at previous captains, I can see Van Bommel, Effenburg, and Kahn just shitting on Lahm in terms of leadership, vocalness, and intimidation.

I don't really see Schweinsteiger as a captain, mostly due to the CL Final. Hiding your vision of Robben's PK was stupid and weak. That's something I would expect Contento to do, but not Schweinsteiger.

I see Höwedes as a top defensive player who is unfortunately blessed with having Unnerstall, Fahrmann, and Hildebrand as his safety blanket. Boateng has had Neuer, arguably the best GK in the world. Höwedes in my opinion would be a definite starter for Bayern if he was to be transferred.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:06 pm

"blessed" with Unnerstall, Fahrmann, and Hildebrand is a good one Razz

I'm all for Manuel Neuer as captain.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:52 am

rwo power wrote:I'm all for Manuel Neuer as captain.

I can't see Neuer as a captain.
I see these 3 images:

Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga? Oliver-Kahn-006Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga? Van-Bommel_DW_Sport_163373gIs Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga? Tromaktiko

And then I look at:

Is Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga? 8767440,6635870,highRes,maxh,480,maxw,480,manuel-neuer-bayern-muenchenIs Howedes the best CB in the Bundesliga? Were-better-than-we-were-in-2010-bayern-captain-lahm-1

And I'm like pale
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:03 am

I see this
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
and I'm Thumbs up
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:51 am

I'm with RWO on this, volunteering for the penalty against Chelsea is EXACTLY the kind of behaviour I want from my team's captain.

And the way he yells at his own defence when they f*ck up is brilliant as well. You know who else behaves like that, even when his team is losing? Holger Badstuber, the defender nobody but me and RWO likes Razz

Bloody brilliant.

But Neuer takes the cake for me.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by peerless Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:43 pm

I just think Neuer looks soft. He may have balls, but he does look soft. But I'd like to see him as captain.
peerless
peerless
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:06 pm

He does have a mild case of the baby-face, true. But he's got that presence a captain needs.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next