El Gunner
McAgger
S
Valkyrja
barca 2011
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Formation Creator Thread

Post by barca 2011 Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:24 pm

barca 2011 wrote:I'm pretty sure we've had a discussion about what a beast Yugoslavia would be if it were still united nowadays. Still, theres a very interesting mix of players and I think this team could do well if it wasnt impossible. So here's who I would select if I were the coach:

Yugoslavia (in Bosnian colours):
Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 614712_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

Cool team, and they'd have a bench consisting of Vidic, Spahic, Pjanic, Kranjcar, Pandev, Vucinic and Jelavic, to name a few.
Impressive.

I think its fair to add Mandzukic to the list of Yugoslavia. He's got 20 goals already, he could walk into this team as well.

barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Formation Creator Thread

Post by StrugaRock Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:56 pm

barca 2011 wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:I'm pretty sure we've had a discussion about what a beast Yugoslavia would be if it were still united nowadays. Still, theres a very interesting mix of players and I think this team could do well if it wasnt impossible. So here's who I would select if I were the coach:

Yugoslavia (in Bosnian colours):
Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 614712_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

Cool team, and they'd have a bench consisting of Vidic, Spahic, Pjanic, Kranjcar, Pandev, Vucinic and Jelavic, to name a few.
Impressive.

I think its fair to add Mandzukic to the list of Yugoslavia. He's got 20 goals already, he could walk into this team as well.

And I would add to the subs list Agim Ibraimi, Macedonia's best player so far in these qualifications.
StrugaRock
StrugaRock
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:16 am

Here's one that has to do with a post on the RB section. the best all centre back XI:
Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 650107_Fifa_Team
What does the general sec. think?
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:49 pm

Here's another interesting XI which should appeal to the Arsenal fans, in a way... I thought it'd be interesting to take a look at an Arsenal XI which could've been had so many of the team's stars not left over the years, and it's a pretty strong one. With the exception of Lehmann retiring, most of these players left from 2008-onwards. Pretty cool actually. What if they all still played at AFC????

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 690810_Arsenal
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:50 pm

Something i have been thinking about recently, inspired by the system used by Ancelotti when he was at Milan.

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 690836_Newcastle_United

Could it work hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:51 pm

You'd have to rely on the fullbacks to provide width, are they good at going forward hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:53 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:You'd have to rely on the fullbacks to provide width, are they good at going forward hmm

Very good, although Santon likes to cut inside a lot hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Interesting, could work hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:54 pm

Ben Arfa's better on the wing imo. I think he's dribbling would kinda be wasted if he was at AM. At RW he can cut in etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:56 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Something i have been thinking about recently, inspired by the system used by Ancelotti when he was at Milan.

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 690836_Newcastle_United

Could it work hmm

Don't think Marveaux is best used as a shuttler although he is good. Sissoko and Cabaye would benefit from a formation like this though.

A 4-3-1-2 needs your full backs to really solid since they provide all the width and I'm not sure that you want to leave Debuchy and Santon out in the open like that. They are good so don't get me wrong but they would be better with protection in front of them.

I think Newcastle's best formation would be a 4-3-3. It would be much more organic when you consider the players you have.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:02 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ben Arfa's better on the wing imo. I think he's dribbling would kinda be wasted if he was at AM. At RW he can cut in etc.

Agreed but he would be given a free role and allowed to do what he likes in my mind like Kaka was for Milan in the aforementioned inspiration.

And in this idea he is probably the best we have.

Also Zeal in my brain Marveaux wouldn't really be used as a shuttler, he is the Seedorf in my idea, Sissoko the Gattuso, Cabaye the Pirlo and Ben Arfa the Kaka.

Also for the fullbacks in most games i have seen Debuchy so far he usually is able to be very good offensively while holding down his flank defensively without little help.

I would worry about Santon though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:04 pm

OT but where do you guys go to make these formations
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:07 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:OT but where do you guys go to make these formations

Look at the bottom right corner of the images...
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:49 pm

RedOranje wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:OT but where do you guys go to make these formations

Look at the bottom right corner of the images...

:facepalm: my bad, prone to brainfarts this late at night
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:18 am

Isn't Marveaux more of an attacking mid type player?

I think if both fullbacks go up, it would kinda leave Cabaye on his own. The formation could work, but it's a bit too attacking.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:55 am

Arsenal next season hmm

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 691054_Arsenal
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:57 am

If you're gonna play 4-2-1-3 then your wide players have to be disciplined. Don't think you're going to get the best out of Cazorla out wide either.

I'd actually swap Wilshere and Cazorla (assuming you will play 4-2-1-3) A positive is that it will allow Gibbs freedom to move forward which is good.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:49 am

Cazorla's role would be the same as this season, basically a free role with Gibbs bombing forward.

Since the turn of the year Cazorla has been mostly used on the left side of midfield to accommodate three midfielders which is more helpful in penetrating the opponent’s defence and keeping the ball. This has been done so that Jack Wilshere can play in the number 10 position, allowing Arsenal to play one of Diaby and Ramsey in the centre midfield. This brings more stability to the team on the defensive front.

It has been successful in the attacking front aswell, Arsenal had their best run this season since that change, Cazorla himself has netted four goals along with three assists.

It has worked very well so far, I think he'll be even more effective if we sign a clinical striker in the summer who'll not waste too many chances created by him and the team.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:11 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:Cazorla's role would be the same as this season, basically a free role with Gibbs bombing forward.

Since the turn of the year Cazorla has been mostly used on the left side of midfield to accommodate three midfielders which is more helpful in penetrating the opponent’s defence and keeping the ball. This has been done so that Jack Wilshere can play in the number 10 position, allowing Arsenal to play one of Diaby and Ramsey in the centre midfield. This brings more stability to the team on the defensive front.

It has been successful in the attacking front aswell, Arsenal had their best run this season since that change, Cazorla himself has netted four goals along with three assists.

It has worked very well so far, I think he'll be even more effective if we sign a clinical striker in the summer who'll not waste too many chances created by him and the team.

I see, fair enough. Truth be told I haven't watched much of Arsenal recently so I just went on what I knew of guys like Cazorla or Wilshere already. Having said that I still think there would be more stability in the middle of the park if Cazorla was in the middle. Not a knock on Wilshere but he does tend to turnover the ball when he makes forward passes and it's better to turn over the ball in wide positions than in the middle. But I supposes Cazorla would drift in the middle anyway like you said.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:08 pm

Madrid next season :

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 691173_Real_Madrid_CF
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:46 am

likeastar wrote:Madrid next season :

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 691173_Real_Madrid_CF

Gotze and Cavani scratch Much better options in those positions than those two
Carjaval :bow:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri May 31, 2013 9:23 am

Alright, with the CC approaching quickly I've been experimenting with a few different versions of Brazil given their call-up and have found this one to be very effective but a bit defensive. Any thoughts from the Brasileiros?
Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 725957_Brazil
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri May 31, 2013 10:00 am

barca 2011 wrote:What do u guys think of this one for Argentina in the WC?

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 591933_Argentina
You can't be serious...
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri May 31, 2013 10:02 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:
barca 2011 wrote:What do u guys think of this one for Argentina in the WC?

Football Formation Creator Thread - Page 2 591933_Argentina
You can't be serious...
That was already covered a WHILE back, lol.
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Fri May 31, 2013 10:05 am

I know.. I just came across it.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by barca 2011 Fri May 31, 2013 10:06 am

ExtremistEnigma wrote:I know.. I just came across it.
for sure. well feel free to post any interesting XI that comes to mind. I've got a few more i have to post and I find that this thread is very good for late night boredom!
barca 2011
barca 2011
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next